I hope Brady demands a trade

Too soon.

:eek:

Even if Brady went totally fvcking ballistic after hearing Kraft today, I still have my doubts if he really wants to try to reinvent himself at this stage of the game.

He could be successful in the right place, but his best attribute is his mastery of our offensive system. How is he ever going to get back to where he is now with another team? I mean instant Super Bowl contender. By the time he gets really fluent gravity is starting to take over.

I don't see it as a realistic possiblity. He'll stick around here until he retires, even if butt-hurt because the upside is too small for his career.

which I hope is tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure Peyton Manning brought his system to Denver. :shrug:

If he went to Buffalo, they'd win a title.

If he went to Buffalo Rex would probably make him the OC.

Overreactions? I'm so surprised. :coffee:

Kraft had no rights to appeal. Any fines and draft pick penalties given to a team by the NFL is final and they are not allowed to appeal. For all we know Kraft agreed to go quietly and not cause a stink because Goodell said he'd take care of Brady for him; but again, it is legally written that no NFL team can appeal penalties handed by the league against them.

Brady is not going to demand a trade because he's not an overreacting man child.

What the fvck? So you're so above overreacting, or even just reacting? Seems to me you're the first one here to beat a dead fvcking horse to make it bleed more. OMG!!! WE HAVE NO LINEBACKERS!!! OMG!!! WE'RE DOOMED!!!

You bet your ass we're reacting and overreacting, as well we should. We paid for and built Patriot Place, we've listened for years to the rhetoric of "CHEATERS!!! SPYGATE!!! ASTERISKS!!!" And now we'll hear it forever until Kraft is long dead and Brady is an old man with grandkids.

Yeah, we'll overreact. You can sit there drinking your coffee in all of your sanctimonious gloriousness with your smug little comments. But, by the way, you're wrong. Kraft could appeal. And when his appeal was thrown out, he could have taken it to a court of law. And now that the NFLPA has formally written to the NFL to have Goodell recuse himself from Brady's appeal, and he likely will, it appears there is no handshake deal for Brady's suspension being lifted.

I'm glad you're so cool and collected. Enjoy that coffee.

I wouldn't blame Bill Belichick for resigning as the HC of the NEP either.

No one's thrown the greatest coach in the history of the NFL under the bus more than Bob Kraft.

Brady is not going anywhere. Kraft and the org has his support. What happened today had nothing to do with Brady. Kraft was not going to win an appeal so he conceded. A shame as he made it seem like he was going to do something over the weekend but Brady is still Brady. He will come out guns blazing in 2015 ...

Brady is not going anywhere. Kraft and the org has his support. What happened today had nothing to do with Brady. Kraft was not going to win an appeal so he conceded. A shame as he made it seem like he was going to do something over the weekend but Brady is still Brady. He will come out guns blazing in 2015 ...

Yes, everyone knows that Kraft put up one hell of a fight today... :rolleyes:

Look, I have to be realistic about this. An appeal would have gone nowhere. He would have had to take the next step and take it to court, and it would have been a long, protracted battle that he would never win. So instead, I have to believe that he mitigated his damages, made a deal with Goodell so that Tom would get to keep his reputation by virtue of the fact that no suspension means he did nothing wrong, never instructed anyone to release air, never had knowledge "if" air was actually being released.

If that's how it comes to pass, I will commend Kraft for putting the reputation of Tom Brady ahead of his own and truly regarding him as a son.

If that's not how it comes to pass, I hope Brady has a big fat GFY for him, he walks, and so does Belichick.

According to Schefter on NFL Insiders today, there were no assurances about mitigating TB's punishment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why wouldn't he win?

And if Brady wins Kraft accepts the BS charges leaving asshats to claim Brady is guilty and the organization loses so much in Picks,

Look, I have to be realistic about this. An appeal would have gone nowhere. He would have had to take the next step and take it to court, and it would have been a long, protracted battle that he would never win. So instead, I have to believe that he mitigated his damages, made a deal with Goodell so that Tom would get to keep his reputation by virtue of the fact that no suspension means he did nothing wrong, never instructed anyone to release air, never had knowledge "if" air was actually being released.

If that's how it comes to pass, I will commend Kraft for putting the reputation of Tom Brady ahead of his own and truly regarding him as a son.

If that's not how it comes to pass, I hope Brady has a big fat GFY for him, he walks, and so does Belichick.

Problem with this whole thing is: Tom's legacy is tarnished irreparably by implicitly admitting guilt.

I don't believe Tom orchestrated deflation. I don't believe he lied when he said he never did anything.
And I believe Kraft should have fought this with tooth and nail. And you're right, it would have taken years and it might have gone nowhere. But when you go out and state:
a) That you demand an apology for the defamation of the team and its QB, and
b) That Tom Brady has your unwavering support

Then you don't settle for the largest punishment in NFL history. You don't settle for the team punishment, you don't settle for the suspension.
No, you go to ****ing war, because this is your team and there wasn't any proof (irrespective of which criteria is used for burden of proof) in the Wells Report. Not a single shred of actual proof (illustrated most profoundly by Mr. Wells himself when he proclaimed text messages direct evidence, as opposed to circumstantial.)

And just to make sure this point is clear: This isn't an attempt to dismiss your post or attack its merits, I'm just fed up with Kraft and the league right now. They don't deserve anything; suspension or not

Why wouldn't he win?

And if Brady wins Kraft accepts the BS charges leaving asshats to claim Brady is guilty and the organization loses so much in Picks,

It's absurd, to be honest. Tom wins the appeal on grounds of unsupported charges (no proof). Suspension is revoked.

Why is Kraft getting punished then? Remember, we're being punished because it was somewhat likely that Tom knew a couple of guys cheated but moreso because we're repeat offenders and we refused to cooperate.

This whole thing reeks.

Back