I love this team

The one thing I'm disappointed about this year is the "might have beens"

With Wilfork, Mayo & Kelly this D had a chance to be genuinely strong.

With Gronk the offense was clicking in the red zone.

If it had all come together as planned we'd all be making reservations for Manhattan in February

Agreed.

We've won some good battles but our front lines are depleted and our reinforcements have been used. Gronk is injured for the 3rd straight year for the playoffs when he's needed the most. Maddening.

Another amazing thing about this team is they are never out of games. They always seems to have a chance in the 4th quarter. Look at other "good teams" and most if not all of them have a game or two in which they had no chance in the 4th quarter. That speaks to heart and character as much as anything. They fight until the end. That is true for individual games and the season as a whole. Looking forward to watching the rest of the fight.

This is one of the most enjoyable seasons of watching the Patriots that I can remember.

Scrappy, exciting, never-say-die.

I prefer this experience to the 'expected to win each game by a lot' variety, in all honesty.

This is a team building new players, fighting through ridiculous injuries and other losses of personnel, modifying well-laid plans on the fly, and still hanging in and winning (or losing heartbreakers).

wuv

13 rookies on the team-yet they are 10-4. A tribute to BB and TFB. Yet hearing BB on the radio today he still is not making excuses and still expects them to win. And TFB isn't going to allow anyone to quit either.

Rex would be all over the media making excuses for his team if he was in the same boat.

13 rookies on the team-yet they are 10-4. A tribute to BB and TFB. Yet hearing BB on the radio today he still is not making excuses and still expects them to win. And TFB isn't going to allow anyone to quit either.

Rex would be all over the media making excuses for his team if he was in the same boat.

Man 13 rookies. Thats unreal, makes me sad that we could not have had more healthy players, but I guess the young guys getting thrown into the fire helps for the future.

I know pieces of shit. Pieces of shit are friends of mine. And Tannehill is no piece of shit. Based on what I saw today, he's really very good and getting better.

I agree. His accuracy isn't always great and he'll sometimes make unforced bad throws, but he's tough, smart and mobile. Getting better indeed.

Of all the QBs that other AFC East teams have drafted or acquired to try and compete with us over the last dozen years or so he might end up being the best.

Sanchez, Kellen Clemens, Geno Smith, Favre, Greg McElroy, TJ Manuel, Trent Edwards, Bledsoe, J.P. Losman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rob Johnson, Chad Henne, Daunte Culpepper, Jay Fiedler, Joey Harrington, Sage Rosenfels, Chad Pennington......

That's a lot of guys who didn't work out although Manuel and Geno deserve some more time before they are annointed as busts.

Some of those names can curdle your blood.

The Dolphins don't suck

and Tannehill is a legit NFL starter

:shrug:

He's average (literally between 13-21 in every passing category and metric).

I guess for the Dolphins, that's a revelation. For the AFC East as well. :coffee:

:shrug:

He's average (literally between 13-21 in every passing category and metric).

I guess for the Dolphins, that's a revelation. For the AFC East as well. :coffee:

Its not uncommon for QB's to have their best games against us.

Great post, PP, but I'm gonna give the concept credit to Mikie. He's hit us with "I love this team" evry inch of this long and difficult season. And he's inspired me every time. Thanks Mikie (and PP, and Chev and Beagles and everyone). I too love this team.

Cheers, BostonTim

Great post, PP, but I'm gonna give the concept credit to Mikie. He's hit us with "I love this team" evry inch of this long and difficult season. And he's inspired me every time. Thanks Mikie (and PP, and Chev and Beagles and everyone). I too love this team.

Cheers, BostonTim

We would not get half as angry at them if we did not love them.wuv

Cheers, BostonTim

So BT, you are saying the wood that I get watching this 2013 Patriots team is really Mikie's wood?

I don't know if I can live with that.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/12/18/5220466/tom-brady-4th-most-passing-yards-fewest-receivers

Tom Brady has had to do a lot with very little. Here's how bad it is.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has 4,049 passing yards on the season, good for 4th best in the league. Sure, he's pretty far behind Peyton Manning and his 4,811 yards and Drew Brees and his 4,500. But Brady has been playing with very little all season- due to youth, due to injuries, due to turnover- and he's putting together a pretty solid year in its own right.

When looking at the top passing offenses in the league, the Patriots actually rank 6th (the Chicago Bears have an impressive aerial assault spread over two quarterbacks, while the Patriots tumble an extra spot because of how frequently Brady's been sacked- 235 yards!).

Running down the list of top receivers in the league, the Patriots top player is Julian Edelman who ranks 24th in the league with 914 yards. Of the top 20 passing teams in the NFL, not including the Patriots, 19 of them have a receiver who ranks greater than Edelman. The only outlier is the 18th ranked Colts, whose T.Y. Hilton ranks one behind Edelman at 25th.

The 30th-ranked 49ers have Anquan Boldin (20th) and the 32nd-ranked Buccaneers have Vincent Jackson (13th) ahead of Edelman.
The Patriots next best receiver is Rob Gronkowski at 60th. Danny Amendola is 62nd (sandwiched between them is Julio Jones, who has under 5 games on the year). When comparing the top 10 passing attacks, the Detroit Lions are the only team to not feature two receivers ranked above Gronk, but they have Calvin Johnson so I'll call that moot (Kris Durham is their second leading receiver, ranked 88th, right ahead of Kenbrell Thompkins at 89th).

Denver features two players ahead of the Patriots number one receiver, and four players ahead of the Patriots number two. Chicago also has two players ahead of Edelman, and a third before Gronk. Green Bay has three receivers before Gronk.

The other teams to feature two receivers before Gronk- Cleveland, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Atlanta, and San Diego- feature multiple receivers with 740 or more yards. Rob Gronkowski sits with a mere 592.
There's no question that the Patriots are still considered a top passing unit and it's clear that Brady's been playing with inferior toys when compared to other teams. It's a testament to not just Tom Brady, but also the coaching staff and the players who have stepped up when their number has been called.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/12/18/5220466/tom-brady-4th-most-passing-yards-fewest-receivers

Tom Brady has had to do a lot with very little. Here's how bad it is.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has 4,049 passing yards on the season, good for 4th best in the league. Sure, he's pretty far behind Peyton Manning and his 4,811 yards and Drew Brees and his 4,500. But Brady has been playing with very little all season- due to youth, due to injuries, due to turnover- and he's putting together a pretty solid year in its own right.

When looking at the top passing offenses in the league, the Patriots actually rank 6th (the Chicago Bears have an impressive aerial assault spread over two quarterbacks, while the Patriots tumble an extra spot because of how frequently Brady's been sacked- 235 yards!).

Running down the list of top receivers in the league, the Patriots top player is Julian Edelman who ranks 24th in the league with 914 yards. Of the top 20 passing teams in the NFL, not including the Patriots, 19 of them have a receiver who ranks greater than Edelman. The only outlier is the 18th ranked Colts, whose T.Y. Hilton ranks one behind Edelman at 25th.

The 30th-ranked 49ers have Anquan Boldin (20th) and the 32nd-ranked Buccaneers have Vincent Jackson (13th) ahead of Edelman.
The Patriots next best receiver is Rob Gronkowski at 60th. Danny Amendola is 62nd (sandwiched between them is Julio Jones, who has under 5 games on the year). When comparing the top 10 passing attacks, the Detroit Lions are the only team to not feature two receivers ranked above Gronk, but they have Calvin Johnson so I'll call that moot (Kris Durham is their second leading receiver, ranked 88th, right ahead of Kenbrell Thompkins at 89th).

Denver features two players ahead of the Patriots number one receiver, and four players ahead of the Patriots number two. Chicago also has two players ahead of Edelman, and a third before Gronk. Green Bay has three receivers before Gronk.

The other teams to feature two receivers before Gronk- Cleveland, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Atlanta, and San Diego- feature multiple receivers with 740 or more yards. Rob Gronkowski sits with a mere 592.
There's no question that the Patriots are still considered a top passing unit and it's clear that Brady's been playing with inferior toys when compared to other teams. It's a testament to not just Tom Brady, but also the coaching staff and the players who have stepped up when their number has been called.

I heard Tucker say this morning that he thought the receivers for the bears was even better than Denver's.

I heard Tucker say this morning that he thought the receivers for the bears was even better than Denver's.

I really like Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery who has come on like crazy this year. Matt Forte is having a fine year too. But Tucker is a fool for saying that.

I really like Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery who has come on like crazy this year. Matt Forte is having a fine year too. But Tucker is a fool for saying that.

Bennett is no slouch. Given Matt Forte's ability to play two positions, I think it's closer than people think, but I'd probably give the nod to Denver as well.

What a friggin mentally tough bunch of players.

Vereen goes out, Devin MC goes out and they still keep fighting. Awesome:notworthy:

The Patriots really made me proud today :toast:

I LOL'ed @ Blount's Ray Lewis dance :cool:

Holy crap we got dominated. Great win for the Pats. Haven't seen such a 1 sided game since the game between us a few years ago. Our coaches had no clue.

Side note- Ray has to feel special that his dance lives on. Second opposing player I've seen do it. Blount has to work on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back