If Lynch is indeed done in Seattle, where does he end up?

MontanaBrady

Reaction score
Any chance the Pats go after him?

When it comes to bringing out the best in aging running backs, no team does it better than the New England Patriots. If the opportunity presents itself for Bill Belichick to bring in Lynch, it would hardly surprise us to see him get the deal done. Aside from the obvious benefit of having a force like Lynch in the backfield, the Pats will also be relatively thin at the position in 2016.

Breakout back Dion Lewis is under contract through 2017, but he’ll need to bounce back from a torn ACL that forced him to miss much of the 2015 season. On top of that, running back LeGarrette Blount will become an unrestricted free agent in 2016. Given these circumstances, it makes sense for Lynch to end up in New England. Plus, let’s be real, how entertaining would it be to have Rob Gronkowski and Beast Mode on the same team? You don’t need to respond. We already know the answer.

I'd be down for Gronk and Beast Mode on the same O.

Not on BB's team. Too much of a free spirit and too many miles on him.

Not on BB's team. Too much of a free spirit and too many miles on him.

Two things that wouldn't stop BB from picking him up. The big questions imo are the price tag, health (and tied to that willingness to continue his career) and if he can be effective with limited carries.

Two things that wouldn't stop BB from picking him up. The big questions imo are the price tag, health (and tied to that willingness to continue his career) and if he can be effective with limited carries.

See TO. :coffee:

Not that bc BB never picked him up is proof but bc Lynch is a trouble maker the same way TO was.

I don't want any part of Lynch. He is the very definition of a tool bag and has lost a step on top. There are plenty of other quality backs that Bill can get for a bag of rocks.

Working quality control in a Skittles plant.

HR: "You ate all of the Skittles for our Northwest Market."

Lynch: "How am I supposed to do quality control, If I can't eat the product?"

HR: "You're not Quality Control. You work in Accounting."

* pours giant bag of Skittles into his mouth*

Any chance the Pats go after him?

There is a 0% chance he signs in Foxboro, unless he sustains a head injury, and is ok with part-time duty for the vet minimum.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Think he'd go back to Buffalo and play with Rex?

My thoughts are why didn't we just grab Rawls late draft?

He's a virtual Lynch clone without having the mental baggage.

Runs violently just like Lynch.

How does a guy like that not even get drafted?

two words for you here-

Corey. Dillon.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DillCo00.htm

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

The only issue Corey Dillon had was that he got tired of losing in Cincinnati.

OZO - someone's paying him 4, 5, 7 million dollars/yr. That team won't be the Patriots.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

My thoughts are why didn't we just grab Rawls late draft?

He's a virtual Lynch clone without having the mental baggage.

Runs violently just like Lynch.

How does a guy like that not even get drafted?

Because unless you're a lead-pipe lock all-time great like a Gurley or something, you're getting drafted low if at all. That's just how RB is valued in the league these days.

And IMO, they're valuing it correctly.

OZO - someone's paying him 4, 5, 7 million dollars/yr. That team won't be the Patriots.

Supposedly he's expressed an interest in coming here. I think it ultimately comes down to whether he wants to win again or does he want to get paid.

Supposedly he's expressed an interest in coming here. I think it ultimately comes down to whether he wants to win again or does he want to get paid.

I mean, of course he'd want to come here for 3/15. He'd love to get his hands on Buffalo twice a year.

If you could get him here for short money, short term, then I would absolutely be all for it. I would not be for committing any sort of money to a 30 year-old RB with 2100+ carries on his tires and an extensive injury history.

I just don't think he's going anywhere for cheap.

I mean, of course he'd want to come here for 3/15. He'd love to get his hands on Buffalo twice a year.

If you could get him here for short money, short term, then I would absolutely be all for it. I would not be for committing any sort of money to a 30 year-old RB with 2100+ carries on his tires and an extensive injury history.

I just don't think he's going anywhere for cheap.

I agree. I'll be interested in seeing what means more to him.

Back