I'm in legal trouble

TomWaits & you

Reaction score
Here's the situ:

1) I'm walking home, from a bar. I've had about 6 beers, my BA level is probably ~ 0.12. I'm admittedly probably 'drunk'.

2) After walking ~ 0.5 miles, without incident, I see a friend on the opposite side of the street.

3) Admittedly, it may be obnoxious, but nary illegal: I called to him, across a distance ~40 feet. I did this twice, with increasing volume. The first, loud enough to hear, the second probably a bit much. I yelled very loud.

4) As a result of the second yell, two guys, both ~20 years old, stopped me. They questioned me. Nothing of any import happened, excluding that I remember remarking that one highly resembled and old friend of mine.

5) My head bounced off of the pavement. Quite literally. Either I was sucker punched, or more probably, they pulled off a 3 Stooges style push and crouch move.

6) In the interim, the police were called. They, outnumbering me, and being non-under the influence, were considered to be the reliable source of information.

7) I went to jail, was assaulted, have had to spend ~$5000 defending myself, and stand to lose a shitload elsewise.

8) Anybody with any legal expertise, or similar situ, please advise. This supremely pisses me off.

BTW: I never threw any punches, nor did I threaten to do so. Though, one of the 'witnesses' said I did both. Even the aggressor's buddies, the only 'witnesses', disagree on that.

I'm lawyered up, but they seem disinclined.

I would private message on of our fine barristers here. They usually aren't here for about another 3 hours tho.

SOKB?

Best wishes to ya.

Some things in your original post are unclear to me.

Point #7 says you were assaulted while in jail. By whom - the police, or another inmate?

Point #2 says you called out to a friend on the other side of the street. Where was the friend when all this happened? Is he/she not a witness and can back up your story?

Here's the situ:

1) I'm walking home, from a bar. I've had about 6 beers, my BA level is probably ~ 0.12. I'm admittedly probably 'drunk'.

2) After walking ~ 0.5 miles, without incident, I see a friend on the opposite side of the street.

3) Admittedly, it may be obnoxious, but nary illegal: I called to him, across a distance ~40 feet. I did this twice, with increasing volume. The first, loud enough to hear, the second probably a bit much. I yelled very loud.

4) As a result of the second yell, two guys, both ~20 years old, stopped me. They questioned me. Nothing of any import happened, excluding that I remember remarking that one highly resembled and old friend of mine.

5) My head bounced off of the pavement. Quite literally. Either I was sucker punched, or more probably, they pulled off a 3 Stooges style push and crouch move.

6) In the interim, the police were called. They, outnumbering me, and being non-under the influence, were considered to be the reliable source of information.

7) I went to jail, was assaulted, have had to spend ~$5000 defending myself, and stand to lose a shitload elsewise.

8) Anybody with any legal expertise, or similar situ, please advise. This supremely pisses me off.

That was me and my 2 buddies, WetBob and Longsack. You were wearing a cheaters shirt, so we D-bo'd your ass.

Go Colts.
bitch.

That was me and my 2 buddies, WetBob and Longsack. You were wearing a cheaters shirt, so we D-bo'd your ass.

Go Colts.
bitch.

applause5rt.gif

Here's the situ:

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense. You were alone and got beat up by 2 guys. Neither of them had any cuts, bruises or injuries because you didn't throw a punch. And you were arrested and locked up?

There's got to be so much you're leaving out of this. What exactly were you charged with?

What time of day did this take place? Did you wake people up in the middle of the night? Did people come out of their houses? Were you creating a huge disturbance to people? Why were the 2 guys pi$$ed at you? Did you happen to do anything to anyone's cars or property? Did you take a pi$$ on anyone's car or property? Did anyone accuse you of this? Did you happen to throw any punches at, or fight with, anyone who happened to be wearing blue?

Some things in your original post are unclear to me.

Point #7 says you were assaulted while in jail. By whom - the police, or another inmate?

Point #2 says you called out to a friend on the other side of the street. Where was the friend when all this happened? Is he/she not a witness and can back up your story?
yeah this cat should step forward

Go Colts.
bitch.
dude sounds like a typical Pussy move - 3 on 1

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense. You were alone and got beat up by 2 guys. Neither of them had any cuts, bruises or injuries because you didn't throw a punch. And you were arrested and locked up?

There's got to be so much you're leaving out of this. What exactly were you charged with?

What time of day did this take place? Did you wake people up in the middle of the night? Did people come out of their hoses? Were you creating a huge disturbance to people? Did you happen to throw any punches at, or fight with, anyone who happened to be wearing blue?
yeah something doesn't add up

6 beers and you are .12?

you yell to a friend but I thought you lived in a upper class neighborhood, is that typical behavior?

did he respond or did he assualt you?

You seem to have a lot of alcohol releated issues. Ever considered stopping? That might be your best move.

How serious can these charge(s) really be?

Here's the situ:

What a pussy.

I really didn't mean to accuse you of lying in my earlier post.

You asked for help. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't really help there. The only way I can think to help is to give you my brutally honest reaction to your account.

If I were to give you the benefit of the doubt, it would only be because you're a member of the Planet. If I knew nothing about you, and you told me that story, my gut reaction would be to not believe it. Sorry, but I think you need to know that.

It would be much more credible if you included all the details. As it is, you raised more questions than answers. Which makes it appear that you are holding back on some of the facts. People who are innocent will be eager to give every detail to prove their innocence.

Say, for example, that it wasn't really your friend across the street. It was someone else that happened to look like your friend. Who took offense to a drunk shouting at him, and came at you with his buddy.

Now, this detail wouldn't really change what happened after that. But, if came out later that was actually how it started, and you left that part out of the initial story, an objective person may be inclined to question your credibility altogether.

If you are indeed innocent, act like an innocent person. Be forthcoming with all the details, even the ones that don't make you look good, because the overall account will paint the picture of an innocent person.

Here's the situ:

1) I'm walking home, from a bar. I've had about 6 beers, my BA level is probably ~ 0.12. I'm admittedly probably 'drunk'. ...

It might just be me, but when I hear someone use the word "admit" in one sentence of their story, it raises a red flag with me. What do you need to "admit?" If you're "admitting" this fact, does it mean you're not admitting the rest of the story?

If you simply said "I came out of the bar pretty drunk" it would have sounded more natural and forthcoming to me.

Again, I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm just pointing out a couple of things in your account that, had I been sitting on a jury, might have led me to doubt your credibility.

1) Plead Insanity
2) Ask yourself If the only time you get in trouble is when you're drinking. If the answer is Yes than the solution is fairly obvious.

3)Something isnt adding up.....Me thinks a big chunk of this story is missing.

1) Plead Insanity
2) Ask yourself If the only time you get in trouble is when you're drinking. If the answer is Yes than the solution is fairly obvious.

3)Something isnt adding up.....Me thinks a big chunk of this story is missing.

He may not remember the rest.

Back