I'm shocked and speechless - Manning

Please don't let it be he going ot be a coach or something........ I was hoping that the Manning crap would be over after he announced his retirement.

What a pathetic team the Colts are.

Drug riddled Irsay announces that there will be a 5 pm announcement... Which was to announce that there will be a press conference tomorrow involving Peyton Manning.

Wonder if Peyton's staying in his f-shack tonight, since his family doesn't live there anymore.

His presser IS the best news of the off-season for them.

Irsay is such a pathetic figure. Ushers out Manninhgh in shameful fashion and then begs him him to retire a Colt.

Please don't let it be he going ot be a coach or something........ I was hoping that the Manning crap would be over after he announced his retirement.

I can see the headlines now...

"Colts camp opens; new QB coach Manning takes all first-team reps from Luck."

:coffee:

His presser IS the best news of the off-season for them.

Irsay is such a pathetic figure. Ushers out Manninhgh in shameful fashion and then begs him him to retire a Colt.

And tanks an entire season to draft Luck and then with poor management sets up his career to fail with horrible moves.

The only person I feel sorry for there is Luck. He is a great likable kid, and he's got a bonehead owner and GM there setting him up for failure.

Colts whitewash Peyton Manning's stains with Statue

Colts owner Jim Irsay announced Friday that the team will retire Peyton Manning’s No. 18 and build a statue of the record-setting quarterback outside Lucas Oil Stadium, a tangible symbol of the legend’s prowess without hint of the reputation-tainting questions surrounding him.

Less than two weeks after announcing his retirement in Denver, Manning returned to his first NFL home one more time to thank his supporters. A smattering of Manning fans — some dressed in the Colts’ blue-and-white, other dressed in Denver’s orange and blue — stood outside the front gate of the team’s complex.

Of course, allegations that Manning purchased human-growth hormones in 2011, while still a Colt and recovering from neck surgery, were scrubbed from the fawning presentation. Neither were the allegations from trainer Jamie Naughright, first in 1996 then 2003, of a hazy incident at the University of Tennessee, in which she alleged Manning placed his testicles on her face.

The ceremony took place in the same room that an emotional Irsay announced the Colts would release their star quarterback to clear the path for Manning’s successor, Andrew Luck. That messy divorce, too, wasn’t mentioned, when Indianapolis rid itself of the iconic quarterback, worried both about his recovery from neck surgery and a $28 million bonus due.

Manning won four of his record five MVP Awards with Indianapolis, led the Colts to two Super Bowls and delivered the first world championship in city history following the 2006 season. He added his second Super Bowl title last month as the Broncos beat Carolina.

Manning’s personality, success and off-the-field contributions are widely credited with helping to general public support for building Lucas Oil Stadium, which hosted the Super Bowl in February 2012.

But that’s only part of Manning’s legacy in Indy. The NFL is reviewing Al Jazeera’s explosive report that Manning had HGH delivered to his house under his wife’s name, to avoid suspicion. He was recovering from a complicated neck procedure and there were questions whether he’d ever be the same.

Still, those charges seem to have bounced off the star like an over-pursuing rusher. His pristine image — which has weathered repeated claims from Naughright that he sexually assaulted her while he was the Volunteers quarterback — has endured into the hero-making, post-retirement phase, and the rest is all footnotes.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/18/colts-whitewash-peyton-mannings-stains-with-statue/

I don't believe Irsay would have told them to tank for Luck with the assumption that if they did so it would cost them their jobs. I think he decided probably mid-season when the team was 0-8 that he was going to go for Luck and with that pick he was going to clean house and start over. That was evident when he spoke prior to Manninhgh's return to Indy the following season when he talked about Star Wars numbers and how Polain's approach of building the offense cost him rings. I also believe that is why Polian is so bitter toward the Colts today. He basically had his whole tenure as GM smeared by Irsay in that one conversation.

In other words, I think things were pretty fluid in the 2011 season. I don't believe prior to the season that the tank job was on but it most certainly was by mid-season. I really don't know how anyone could deny it with the way the team played and was coached and the lack of moves the FO made to improve the team.

When their idea to replace manning that season was to put an old retired Qb who had not won a game in two years as his replacement, they had no intentions of winning games.

Colts whitewash Peyton Manning's stains with Statue

Colts owner Jim Irsay announced Friday that the team will retire Peyton Manning’s No. 18 and build a statue of the record-setting quarterback outside Lucas Oil Stadium, a tangible symbol of the legend’s prowess without hint of the reputation-tainting questions surrounding him.

Less than two weeks after announcing his retirement in Denver, Manning returned to his first NFL home one more time to thank his supporters. A smattering of Manning fans — some dressed in the Colts’ blue-and-white, other dressed in Denver’s orange and blue — stood outside the front gate of the team’s complex.

Of course, allegations that Manning purchased human-growth hormones in 2011, while still a Colt and recovering from neck surgery, were scrubbed from the fawning presentation. Neither were the allegations from trainer Jamie Naughright, first in 1996 then 2003, of a hazy incident at the University of Tennessee, in which she alleged Manning placed his testicles on her face.

The ceremony took place in the same room that an emotional Irsay announced the Colts would release their star quarterback to clear the path for Manning’s successor, Andrew Luck. That messy divorce, too, wasn’t mentioned, when Indianapolis rid itself of the iconic quarterback, worried both about his recovery from neck surgery and a $28 million bonus due.

Manning won four of his record five MVP Awards with Indianapolis, led the Colts to two Super Bowls and delivered the first world championship in city history following the 2006 season. He added his second Super Bowl title last month as the Broncos beat Carolina.

Manning’s personality, success and off-the-field contributions are widely credited with helping to general public support for building Lucas Oil Stadium, which hosted the Super Bowl in February 2012.

But that’s only part of Manning’s legacy in Indy. The NFL is reviewing Al Jazeera’s explosive report that Manning had HGH delivered to his house under his wife’s name, to avoid suspicion. He was recovering from a complicated neck procedure and there were questions whether he’d ever be the same.

Still, those charges seem to have bounced off the star like an over-pursuing rusher. His pristine image — which has weathered repeated claims from Naughright that he sexually assaulted her while he was the Volunteers quarterback — has endured into the hero-making, post-retirement phase, and the rest is all footnotes.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/18/colts-whitewash-peyton-mannings-stains-with-statue/

Glad someone had the guts to write this story. I really hope the feds get involved with the Al-J report and nails Manninhgh.

Glad someone had the guts to write this story. I really hope the feds get involved with the Al-J report and nails Manninhgh.

What do you think the Daily news will offer when Tom Brady retires??????

Back