I'm shocked and speechless - Manning

They may have been playing for him but but those same guys wanted according to you wanted to win the year before too. Some motivation sure but please. So your saying if Pagano wasn't ill they wouldn't have won those games:huh: Or perhaps once again Arians was a better coach or …………

Dungy
2004 12-4
2005 12-4
2006 12-4
2007 13-3
2008 12-4

Caldwell
2009 14-2
2010 10-6
2011 2-14

Arians/Pagano
2012 11-5

Pagano
2013 11-5
2014 11-5
2015 8-8 (now you could say they were playing for Pagano's job here)

~Dee~

Again..

Not the same guys...

It was a weird situation, not many other times the HC goes out with a serious illness. I've never seen a season as full of crazy games, you reached a point where no matter how crap they'd played you always felt they'd have a chance of another come back. The biggest reality check of course was the Pats game. Did you watch many Colts games from the 2011 or 2012 season?

2015 was the first time I felt they stopped playing for him and to a degree he lost the fan base. Now with the fuller story about the power struggle being known a few things make more sense now.

Also I'll agree Arians is a better coach, but I wasn't a fan of his O at the time!

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

They didn't want to compete with the Lions? :shrug_n:

Ok this did make me laugh.. I'll give you that :toast:

stunt to get released by the Broncos so he can retire a Colt.

if he does not get released, no 1 day contract, no retiring a Colt, No way he can "come home" to Indy and make money.

it is all about the Benjamins!!

Why would he want to retire a Colt the way Irsay treated him? If he does do this just to retire a Colt, he will have cost the Broncos 2.5 in dead cap which is a total jerk move. Pretty much in line with Manninhgh's MO.

Really?
Tell me, why did Peyton have to pay her multiple times?

Typical Peyton swallower; attack the girl .
Perhaps it was Peyton's incessant harassment of her which caused her to lose her stability, ever think of that?

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Oh, and the Daily Caller ROFL

Again..

Not the same guys...

It was a weird situation, not many other times the HC goes out with a serious illness. I've never seen a season as full of crazy games, you reached a point where no matter how crap they'd played you always felt they'd have a chance of another come back. The biggest reality check of course was the Pats game. Did you watch many Colts games from the 2011 or 2012 season?

2015 was the first time I felt they stopped playing for him and to a degree he lost the fan base. Now with the fuller story about the power struggle being known a few things make more sense now.

Also I'll agree Arians is a better coach, but I wasn't a fan of his O at the time!

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Yeah it was a weird situation, they were trying to lose, that is always weird. There is no way the colts were trying to win, nor were they ever going to pay manning 26 mil, they had a plan and they pulled it off.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Yeah seems like a good source right here, how long did it take you to dig this up? I will go ahead and believe his team mate that was there.

Again..

Not the same guys...

None of teams were the same throughout the Manning era. As someone pointed out The 2012 team was weaker then the prior teams. Lots of teams had crazy seasons just like the Colts 2012 season as far as resilience goes. Having to fight major injuries to me is far more problematic then having a HC they never really even play for get sick.

Did I watch a lot of colt games 2011 and 2012 ? Yes and jets and Giants and raiders and rams and saints and just about every game on :shrug_n: I'm a football fan in addition to being a pats fan, so I watch football, a lot of football and always have.

~Dee~

Wow....just wow.....

Peter King's pals in MMQB have gone all out on this to defend Manning. All kinds of allegations now about Naughright, all kinds of what seems to be dirty tricks to discredit her. Whatever it takes. Manning and family are going all in on this.

It's a miracle! A witness to the mooning suddenly appears out of nowhere!! And a soldier too! Who served in Iraq! hallelujah!!!

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/...ughright-1996-incident-greg-johnson-voicemail

So why win two?

I didn't say that the 2012 roster was amazingly better, as I said the number of the games they won was freaky. Chuckstrong had a huge effect on that roster and they played well above themselves in key moments. I think it was something silly like 7 games won by a score or less.

Face it all you (plural) have is opinion and circumstance, if you have anything concrete I'm sure Roger would like to give gumshoe Ted Wells another case :coffee:

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by Irsay "picked" Caldwell half way through the season?

So a person who isn't a player can make the players "play above themselves", resulting in more wins, but only the players can be responsible for them not playing up to par, and losing games?

:huh:

Seems to me that such a thing has to be able to work both ways.

If someone who's not on the field can influence what happens on the field that means it can influence to help them win or make it harder for them to win.

That's all we're saying.

it is certainly possible that the Front Office and/or coaching staff made decisions that made it harder for the team to win and so improve their draft position.

You seem to be saying that it is only the players that could have caused them to lose those games.

So a person who isn't a player can make the players "play above themselves", resulting in more wins, but only the players can be responsible for them not playing up to par, and losing games?

:huh:

Seems to me that such a thing has to be able to work both ways.

If someone who's not on the field can influence what happens on the field that means it can influence to help them win or make it harder for them to win.

That's all we're saying.

it is certainly possible that the Front Office and/or coaching staff made decisions that made it harder for the team to win and so improve their draft position.

You seem to be saying that it is only the players that could have caused them to lose those games.

Ahh that is not what I'm saying at all. If off field personal couldn't influence results then there would be no GMs/Coaches etc.

I'm questioning what would be their motivation to do such a thing if it meant losing their job.

A few posts up I agreed it's all certainly possible I just don't think it's the case.

Wow....just wow.....

Peter King's pals in MMQB have gone all out on this to defend Manning. All kinds of allegations now about Naughright, all kinds of what seems to be dirty tricks to discredit her. Whatever it takes. Manning and family are going all in on this.

It's a miracle! A witness to the mooning suddenly appears out of nowhere!! And a soldier too! Who served in Iraq! hallelujah!!!

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/...ughright-1996-incident-greg-johnson-voicemail

Was just reading this and had to stop after a few paragraphs. What a load of shit. Maybe he's telling the truth but the way it's presented is terrible. The article is very clearly designed to help Peyton's side.

Ahh that is not what I'm saying at all. If off field personal couldn't influence results then there would be no GMs/Coaches etc.

I'm questioning what would be their motivation to do such a thing if it meant losing their job.

A few posts up I agreed it's all certainly possible I just don't think it's the case.

I don't believe Irsay would have told them to tank for Luck with the assumption that if they did so it would cost them their jobs. I think he decided probably mid-season when the team was 0-8 that he was going to go for Luck and with that pick he was going to clean house and start over. That was evident when he spoke prior to Manninhgh's return to Indy the following season when he talked about Star Wars numbers and how Polain's approach of building the offense cost him rings. I also believe that is why Polian is so bitter toward the Colts today. He basically had his whole tenure as GM smeared by Irsay in that one conversation.

In other words, I think things were pretty fluid in the 2011 season. I don't believe prior to the season that the tank job was on but it most certainly was by mid-season. I really don't know how anyone could deny it with the way the team played and was coached and the lack of moves the FO made to improve the team.

Was just reading this and had to stop after a few paragraphs. What a load of shit. Maybe he's telling the truth but the way it's presented is terrible. The article is very clearly designed to help Peyton's side.

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Gregory-Johnson/1242936412

Captain Greg Johnson, Class of ...
www.frapanthers.com, 1 Dec 2008 [cached]
Captain Greg Johnson, Class of 1993, Accepts Distinguished Alumni Award
This year's Distinguished Alumni Award was presented to Captain Gregory Johnson. After graduating from FRA in 1993, Greg graduated from UT-Knoxville on a football scholarship. While at UT, he made the list of the school's 100 Greatest Plays with the "hardest tackle" award in a game against UCLA. He graduated in 1997 with a triple major in Political Science, History and Spanish. Following graduation, he studied international relations in Spanish for six months in Argentina, then another six months in Panama. Returning to the U.S., he worked with FEMA in Washington, D.C.
Today, Greg is a Captain in the United States Marine Corps and is stationed at Camp Pendelton in southern California, where he oversees an anti-terrorism school. He has completed five separate tours overseas and his team was the first to cross over into Iraq after the beginning of the war in 2003.
The Distinguished Alumni Dinner was a wonderful event this year, honoring deserving and beloved FRA teachers as well as an alumnus who has made his alma mater grateful and very proud. Captain Johnson spent the day after this event in school division assemblies, encouraging students to write members of the military and discussing his service, love of country, and feelings of gratitude toward Franklin Road Academy.

He didn't enlist until later for starters lie no 1
Lie no 2 he wasn't deployed in 1998 because he wasn't even a marine yet
He served in Iraq but he didn't rescue Lynch that was a Seal and ranger mission and he never mentions it in his bio. half truth possibly
He does work in law enforcement but he's still a Marine. If 2003 was his first tour and this is 2008 not sure how he managed 5 unless they were short stints.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082203aac.html

Seems he was back at UT in August 2003. If what these articles say this is true, quite an impressive feat for sure.

~Dee~

I don't believe Irsay would have told them to tank for Luck with the assumption that if they did so it would cost them their jobs. I think he decided probably mid-season when the team was 0-8 that he was going to go for Luck and with that pick he was going to clean house and start over. That was evident when he spoke prior to Manninhgh's return to Indy the following season when he talked about Star Wars numbers and how Polain's approach of building the offense cost him rings. I also believe that is why Polian is so bitter toward the Colts today. He basically had his whole tenure as GM smeared by Irsay in that one conversation.

In other words, I think things were pretty fluid in the 2011 season. I don't believe prior to the season that the tank job was on but it most certainly was by mid-season. I really don't know how anyone could deny it with the way the team played and was coached and the lack of moves the FO made to improve the team.

They pulled an old Qb out of retirement who had not won in 2 years to be their QB...they were tanking from day one.

And now it seems nobody remembers this guy Johnson even being in the lockerroom at the time. No court documents, none of the statements from Saxon, Manning, none of them.

This is a real shoddy attempt from Manning's camp, there are holes everywhere in this guy Johnson's story to MMQB.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...m-incident-not-corroborated-documents-witness

They are doing all they can but it will never take away Manninhgh as a sex offender and HGH cheat.

ManninHGH* doesn't have to worry about obvious attempts at a flimsy story. Why should he? No one is calling him out on it. Archie the Emperor has laid the groundwork for years, planting and cultivating his minions. Why should Darth Pey-Pey* worry, though I doubt he could squeeze that fivehead into a Vader-like helmet. :jedi-smiley:

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Gregory-Johnson/1242936412

Captain Greg Johnson, Class of ...
www.frapanthers.com, 1 Dec 2008 [cached]
Captain Greg Johnson, Class of 1993, Accepts Distinguished Alumni Award
This year's Distinguished Alumni Award was presented to Captain Gregory Johnson. After graduating from FRA in 1993, Greg graduated from UT-Knoxville on a football scholarship. While at UT, he made the list of the school's 100 Greatest Plays with the "hardest tackle" award in a game against UCLA. He graduated in 1997 with a triple major in Political Science, History and Spanish. Following graduation, he studied international relations in Spanish for six months in Argentina, then another six months in Panama. Returning to the U.S., he worked with FEMA in Washington, D.C.
Today, Greg is a Captain in the United States Marine Corps and is stationed at Camp Pendelton in southern California, where he oversees an anti-terrorism school. He has completed five separate tours overseas and his team was the first to cross over into Iraq after the beginning of the war in 2003.
The Distinguished Alumni Dinner was a wonderful event this year, honoring deserving and beloved FRA teachers as well as an alumnus who has made his alma mater grateful and very proud. Captain Johnson spent the day after this event in school division assemblies, encouraging students to write members of the military and discussing his service, love of country, and feelings of gratitude toward Franklin Road Academy.

He didn't enlist until later for starters lie no 1
Lie no 2 he wasn't deployed in 1998 because he wasn't even a marine yet
He served in Iraq but he didn't rescue Lynch that was a Seal and ranger mission and he never mentions it in his bio. half truth possibly
He does work in law enforcement but he's still a Marine. If 2003 was his first tour and this is 2008 not sure how he managed 5 unless they were short stints.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082203aac.html

Seems he was back at UT in August 2003. If what these articles say this is true, quite an impressive feat for sure.

~Dee~

Can you find any information regarding a recent acquisition of a Papa John's franchise? :)

What a pathetic team the Colts are.

Drug riddled Irsay announces that there will be a 5 pm announcement... Which was to announce that there will be a press conference tomorrow involving Peyton Manning.

Wonder if Peyton's staying in his f-shack tonight, since his family doesn't live there anymore.

Back