Important Non-Ball Related Patriots Super Bowl Thread

Michigan Dave

NATIONAL CHAMPION.
Reaction score
So the Pats touched down in Arizona today, which means we can officially grade their travel style.

The resounding victor: Julian Edelman.

tumblr_nit4k6TljL1s2pny6o4_r4_1280.jpg

Edelman is killing it with a fresh tailored suit and properly accessorized with cap toes and matching bag, and a top notch pocket square, bracelet, watch combination. Throw on top of that an impeccable beard and #11 is the champion.

Runner-up: Brandon Browner.

10410562_10153060735277372_4268076985845302077_n.jpg

LEGION OF BOOM must refer to this knockout black on black look that #39 is pulling off. The only demerits coming from a non-matching garment bag (c'mon, son) and a bit of a hack job tying the bow tie.

Honorable Mention: Tim Wright

10403639_10153060735647372_8726611859886188382_n.jpg

Fantastic effort by Wright. Bold but pulled off well. The contrast on the pocket square is just right and the bag/shoes/watch/glasses combination is not overlooked by this commentator.

Honorable Mention: Tom Brady

tumblr_nit4k6TljL1s2pny6o1_500.jpg

Not up to the high standard expected from #12 but still a strong casual look from the QB. The cuff on the pants is a statement but I would've gone with something other than a white pocket square. Probably holding back a bit for his Super Bowl MVP press conference, though.

Honorable Mention: Sugar Shane Vereen

tumblr_nit4k6TljL1s2pny6o6_r1_1280.jpg

The power of a great tailor. Crisp, all around.

Honorable Mention: Nink

1508200_10153060736152372_1720143392765706385_n.jpg

Not a fan of the tie, but I'll allow it for spirit. HUGE fan of the shoes. And that beard game is elite.

Dishonorable Mention: Gronk

tumblr_nit4k6TljL1s2pny6o2_1280.jpg

Sloppy. C'mon, son. Clean it up.

So Close Award: Danny Amendola

988935_10153060735002372_2323533516607570777_n.jpg

Don't match your tie to your shoes. Something about this just looks off, though separately I think it could work. A tie clip, pocket square, and different bag could save this.

So the Pats touched down in Arizona today, which means we can officially grade their travel style. The resounding victor: Julian Edelman. Edelman is killing it with a fresh tailored suit and properly accessorized with cap toes and matching bag, and a top notch pocket square, bracelet, watch combination. Throw on top of that an impeccable beard and #11 is the champion. Runner-up: Brandon Browner. LEGION OF BOOM must refer to this knockout black on black look that #39 is pulling off. The only demerits coming from a non-matching garment bag (c'mon, son) and a bit of a hack job tying the bow tie. Honorable Mention: Tim Wright Fantastic effort by Wright. Bold but pulled off well. The contrast on the pocket square is just right and the bag/shoes/watch/glasses combination is not overlooked by this commentator. Honorable Mention: Tom Brady Not up to the high standard expected from #12 but still a strong casual look from the QB. The cuff on the pants is a statement but I would've gone with something other than a white pocket square. Probably holding back a bit for his Super Bowl MVP press conference, though. Honorable Mention: Sugar Shane Vereen The power of a great tailor. Crisp, all around. Honorable Mention: Nink Not a fan of the tie, but I'll allow it for spirit. HUGE fan of the shoes. And that beard game is elite. Dishonorable Mention: Gronk Sloppy. C'mon, son. Clean it up. So Close Award: Danny Amendola Don't match your tie to your shoes. Something about this just looks off, though separately I think it could work. A tie clip, pocket square, and different bag could save this.
Like what ya got but I'm putting Sugar Shane Vereen above TFB. Julian wins hands down for sure.

Nink went power suit, obviously he is stating his intention to take over the Seattle offensive line.

Big fan of Wright and his choice of color.

Not sold on Tom's shoes, the heal is too much with the two tones.

Thank you for the red carpet commentary, Dave.

The boys looked sharp.

In the interest of fashion education here on the Planet, I was wondering if you could please comment on the ensemble this 'Hawks fan is sporting.

Thank you for the red carpet commentary, Dave.

The boys looked sharp.

In the interest of fashion education here on the Planet, I was wondering if you could please comment on the ensemble this 'Hawks fan is sporting.

Let's just say...I would not be in.

Nink went power suit, obviously he is stating his intention to take over the Seattle offensive line.

Big fan of Wright and his choice of color.

Not sold on Tom's shoes, the heal is too much with the two tones.

I don't like TB's choice of tie, either. I would've gone 100% scarf in that situation.

YES thank you but where is the birthday boy Branden Bolden? :)

I didn't see him. I'll give him a +1 for the travel bag, -1 for the duffel, and while I don't like the Regis look (McCourty did that, too) he pulls it off well. Looks sharp, but just a touch of contrast via a pocket square could've done a lot for him.

10471569_10205070392013647_1392094305059149080_n.jpg

Dave,

I noticed that Josh McD came off the plane struggling with what was apparently a full-size bed pillow and it was not a strong look.

When traveling, is there a proper accessory to use should one choose to BYOP?

Lol we said the same! WTF

~Dee~
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave,

I noticed that Josh McD came off the plane struggling with what was apparently a full-size bed pillow and it was not a strong look.

When traveling, is there a proper accessory to use should one choose to BYOP?

I am now imagining McDaniels as one of those dudes on the subway with the life size anime pillows that they "date."

There's no good way to BYOP.

Also, I'm awarding Melissa Stark 2015 NFL Comeback Player of the Year ASAP. Girl is KILLIN' IT. DAMN. Also, Kurt, your suit. Woof. Find a tailor, get a pocket square that works with your outfit, and ditch that hideous suit for good.

B8UimWQCIAAhQxs.jpg:large

Since we're having a fashion show: I'd have liked to seen Edelman go balmoral with that suit - bluchers are a little casual, I'd give him a half point and an additional half on the high water pants he borrowed from Welker. Amendola loses heavy shoe points - I'm not entirely sure there's ever a good time to wear grey suede double monks, but I do know it wasn't with that suit. Maybe on a grey pinstripe number with some loud pink socks and a pocket square that screams. Maybe blazer/slacks. But no way, no how, with that suit and not with those socks. Vereen was so close, and then he finished it off with loafers. Like a triple back flip off the high board that ends in a bellyflop. Nink gets my A+ - excellent suit, spectacular bal wingtips and the walnut shoes and blue suit game wins the day. Agree with Dave the tie is not his best effort and a pocket square would have helped with the monochrome, but if you're going for the gusto, you better bring your shoe a-game and too many of these dudes dropped the ball. Pocket squares don't fix bad footwear fellas.

Back