Indianapolis Colts Empire Thread

A Short Ode To Luck

Just as they did when Manning was QB,
In the playoffs the Colts get a peripety.

Former Cleveland Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski won't be jobless in 2014.

The man known as "Chud" was hired by the Indianapolis Colts as a special assistant to coach Chuck Pagano, the team announced Saturday.

Pagano and Chudzinski's relationship extends all the way back the University of Miami. In 1986, Pagano served as a graduate assistant during Chudzinski's freshman year -- when he played tight end. The two then coached at Miami together from 1995-2000. They also spent the 2004 season together under Butch Davis with the Cleveland Browns.

"Rob and I have a long professional relationship and his résumé speaks for itself," Pagano said in a statement released by the team. "He brings a wealth of knowledge and will be a tremendous help to our entire team moving forward. Needless to say, we're excited to have 'Chud' joining our family."

The team did not define what "special assistant" duties he will be performing.

Before being fired after only one season with the Browns, Chudzinski was the offensive coordinator with the Panthers. He also has extensive experience working with NFL tight ends.

An offensive mind, Chudzinski could help open up a Colts offense that sputtered at times last season, until offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton scrapped his run-first plan and relied on Andrew Luck's arm.

The 2013 Browns' offense had next to no running game, horrid quarterback troubles and carried only one true playmaker in Josh Gordon. Yet, Cleveland still managed to field a middle-of-the-pack offense.
Interesting.

Alex Mack, loves, Chud. Well documented.

I'm also pretty sure that when Chud, was playing TE for "The U", Pagano was on that staff.

"Pagano and Chudzinski's relationship extends all the way back the University of Miami. In 1986, Pagano served as a graduate assistant during Chudzinski's freshman year -- when he played tight end."

Good call :coffee:

Alex Mack, loves, Chud. Well documented.

I'm also pretty sure that when Chud, was playing TE for "The U", Pagano was on that staff. Never under estimate the connection that former "U" guys have foe one another.

Do I dare to dream?

As far as I'm concerned, Alex Mack is the Kate Beckinsale of this years free agent class.

Hubby Len Wiseman probably wouldn't like to wake up next to Mack nearly as much.

For the record: Off season strength of schedules mean nothing.

For the record: The Clots has the 32nd ranked SOS. :dith:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...d-raiders-have-nfls-toughest-schedule-in-2014

Cheers, BostonTim

That is based on the crappy season the Texans had, and the fustercluck that was the NFC East last season. I doubt those five teams repeat their ineptitude in 2014. CAs for the Jags and Tacks, I think they are going to be garbage again. Tacks will be a tad better with Locker back, but the Jags are the Jags. The Texans just were a mess all year long from players to coaches to the FO.

That is based on the crappy season the Texans had, and the fustercluck that was the NFC East last season. I doubt those five teams repeat their ineptitude in 2014. CAs for the Jags and Tacks, I think they are going to be garbage again. Tacks will be a tad better with Locker back, but the Jags are the Jags. The Texans just were a mess all year long from players to coaches to the FO.

Short version: This is based on the fact that the AFC South was, and is yet again, the worst division in football.

Short version: This is based on the fact that the AFC South was, and is yet again, the worst division in football.
Just looked at the final Sagarin Rankings by division.

And you're right, AFC South was worst. Even in a year when the best teams were all noticeably flawed, that division managed to lower the bar.

Just looked at the final Sagarin Rankings by division.

And you're right, AFC South was worst. Even in a year when the best teams were all noticeably flawed, that division managed to lower the bar.

The texans outdid themselves last year.

Back