Is the end of Fantasy Football?

I not refuse to play it draft kings or fan duel. I'm in 2 free leagues & 2 money leagues where i give the commissioner $100 for the league. So far I'm 1st, 1st, 5th & 10th place in my leagues.

According to this story, starting next year Pueblo County will use part of their pot tax to fund college scholarships.

I wonder how many of those kids will use their scholarships to get agro degrees, so they can learn better, faster, and cheaper ways of growing the weed of wisdom.:high:

Weed and college? Doesn't that happen like all of the time though?

Attorney general, Eric T. Schneiderman is a fvcking asshole dick fvck. Ok now since I got that out of the way, Mr Schneiderman could fvcking careless about saving us from Gambling addiction, and Draft Kings cheating us out of money. If that were the case he would go after Lottery Tickets because the odds of winning are much greater, and people are losing their homes to Scratch offs, and instant Lotto. How about fvcking horse Racing??? How about focus on the crooks on Wall Street? How about Madison Square Garden Charging for $15 Beers, and $10.00 Cotton Candy. How about investigate why New York not fixing Pot Holes. Explain why Taxes in New York is the highest in the country. Have you seen your property Tax Bill Mr Attorney General? Yea you don't care about that because your rich... You Fvcking Hypocrite.. What you really want is a piece of the pie. This isnt about saving us from Gambling this is about MONEY MULA!!! You dirty Fvck...

By the way I dont gamble on fantasy, but If I did I would hope the the asshole would just tell the truth why we can't play because what he is saying now is BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!

He wants part of the action...

I enjoy it for two reasons.

1. I'm good at it and its fun to crush your friends.

2. I now have a reason to give a shit about Rams vs Raiders. It makes watching other games infinitely more interesting.

Exactly. It makes Sunday a true all day event because there's always something going on that interests me.

7-2 and sitting atop my league. Crushing your friends IS fun.

You Americans are very funny about gambling? Over here there's a multitude of sites where you can bet on anything and everything. Just deposit cash into your account and away you go. It can be dangerous no question, people can get hooked in the same way they can get hooked onto online Poker but they're really the exception to the rule.

My wif and I visited Ireland in the summer (loved Dublin btw) and just the sheer number of things you legally gamble on was really interesting.

Good points.

No idea if Colorado has dedicated funds from marijuana sales for prevention/education/treatment.

Not to get all soap boxy but in my experience the best treatment program for addiction is AA. I see people addicted to anything and everything regularly attend AA meetings. If you are willing to listen and learn, AA can do wonders. And it's self supporting through its own contributions.

A good number of my AA friends also struggled with gambling.

So far the 3 states that have legalized weed are flush with cash, have lower crime, and significantly fewer instances of drunk driving.

Prohibition doesn't prevent drug use. It just doesn't. Legalize it all and set aside some of the tax money for treatment centers for people who get in over their heads.

I believe Portugal has done something similar to that and it's working quite well for them.

Although tragic at the individual case level, I would suggest that the percentage of those that you describe above is incredibly small when compared to the entire population of those who enjoy this endeavor.

So because a handful of people can't handle something you would take it away from everyone? Am I reading that right?

No you are not. I was simply making a statement about the idea of it being just a game. I don't think we need to protect all from themselves in that way. I just feel that these type of sites make it much too easy for the people who have the problem. According to the National Council on Problem Gambling, an estimated 2 million adults in the United States meet the criteria for "pathological gambling," and 4 to 6 million are considered "problem gamblers." It's an addiction found across economic classes, from lower-class Americans playing for their next paycheck to those wealthy enough to gamble away tens of thousands of dollars within a few hours.

You guys hoping for 'the death of fantasy football'...... ROFL

Hell, you might as well go ahead and wish for Harry Potter to be a real, live boy that can fly on a broom. Not going to happen. The genie is out of the bottle.

Also, what Jaric said about DFS (like Draft Kings) being completely different from fantasy football. Even if by some bizarre sequence of events the DFS sites are outlawed, regular fantasy football is here to stay folks.

If you thought the Gay Marriage VS Confederate Flag battle on Facebook was bad, outlawing fantasy football would probably break the Internet.

I in no way would call for the death of FF I do however feel that DK and FD go over the top with the adds and it becomes bothersome.

That's usually how liberal/progressives operate. If it fits their agenda, then of course the few outweight the many.

:suicide:

Let's not drag this into politics I really don't care for this type of insult over something I post that you are not a part of that conversation. You want to question it fine but knock off the political BS we are going to get more than enough of that over the next year.

No you are not. I was simply making a statement about the idea of it being just a game. I don't think we need to protect all from themselves in that way. I just feel that these type of sites make it much too easy for the people who have the problem. According to the National Council on Problem Gambling, an estimated 2 million adults in the United States meet the criteria for "pathological gambling," and 4 to 6 million are considered "problem gamblers." It's an addiction found across economic classes, from lower-class Americans playing for their next paycheck to those wealthy enough to gamble away tens of thousands of dollars within a few hours.

So we agree that it should be allowed for the masses that can handle it.

And that there will be folks who can't handle it.

Roger that.

I in no way would call for the death of FF I do however feel that DK and FD go over the top with the adds and it becomes bothersome.

I think once they see diminishing returns from their levels of advertising it will be scaled back. They are capitalists after all.

I haven't read the whole thread but I think Fantasy Football has in part contributed to the ugly product we see on the field every Sunday. All the rule changes to make it easier to score etc I blame on Fantasy football. Yeah, I play in a no money bragging rights only league, but I actually hate cheering for guys on teams I don't like. It is really a stupid past time. I am glad for the ruling, not because I give a sh!t about people gambling, but because I like old school football a lot better than the crap we have now.

Back