It's Mayo

If it were up to Bill Belichick, this year wouldn't have happened. It was not. The utter rage opening night when #10 trots out there on the field will be something to remember.
I can't wait! I so hope you are correct!

Let's go Josh! You have a QB to undo the damage!

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if this is the way it turns out!

it won't. dude has to go somewhere else.
what is with your mac jones love? i truly don't get it.
Thats Mental Case Mac's burner account. It just has to be because that person goes to the wall in an unbelievable way.

it won't. dude has to go somewhere else.
what is with your mac jones love? i truly don't get it.
I am sure Mac will go elsewhere. It is what is best for all involved. 100%

But that isn't what was being discussed. Mac staying and working for Josh was being discussed. And should he have to stay I hope he trots out as QB1 next fall.

Is he broken? Yup. Is it his fault? Nope. Maybe in minor ways, yes. He is a fucking kid. I think he can be fixed - here or likely elsewhere. Bill could not have screwed him over any worse than he did. I can state the myriad of ways but you pay attention and you know them already. Everyone here does.

I played and coached for years. Maybe that makes me more sensitive to when see abject coaching failure as we did with the offense these last 2 seasons and it definitely does make me more sensitive when the players pay for that failure. Call me an old softy. Bill derailed this kids career - IIWII.

So how does that square with me being pissed by the way the Krafts have treated Bill? Easy. Even the best make mistakes and that needs to be recognized. Bill EARNED the right to leave under his circumstances. 6 Lombardi's can NEVER be glossed over or forgotten and I never will.

So yes, I think Bill fucked Mac over (and the offense in general). And yes, I look past that and wanted Bill to stay on modified terms (no GM).

To each his own, right?

Last edited:
Yup. Mac's burner account since he was 5 years old.
Well at least there is some honesty finally. And it's not Macs fault? ROFL. Did you not watch Crappy Zappe out there at all? How he kept his eye downfield even after getting rocked numerous times? Yeah I did, guess you didn't. Mac freaking turtles at the first sign of pressure. Dude got to the NFL, had his hand held for safe easy throws then when the helping hand left, he got rocked and his arm talent or lack thereof got exposed.

Well at least there is some honesty finally. And it's not Macs fault? ROFL. Did you not watch Crappy Zappe out there at all? How he kept his eye downfield even after getting rocked numerous times? Yeah I did, guess you didn't. Mac freaking turtles at the first sign of pressure. Dude got to the NFL, had his hand held for safe easy throws then when the helping hand left, he got rocked and his arm talent or lack thereof got exposed.
1705104437670.png

2006. Think about it. Ask someone else. 2006.

I am sure Mac will go elsewhere. It is what is best for all involved. 100%

But that isn't what was being discussed. Mac staying and working for Josh was being discussed. And should he have to stay I hope he trots out as QB1 next fall.

Is he broken? Yup. Is it his fault? Nope. Maybe in minor ways, yes. He is a fucking kid. I think he can be fixed - here or likely elsewhere. Bill could not have screwed him over any worse than he did. I can state the myriad of ways but you pay attention and you know them already. Everyone here does.

I played and coached for years. Maybe that makes me more sensitive to when see abject coaching failure as we did with the offense these last 2 seasons and it definitely does make me more sensitive when the players pay for that failure. Call me an old softy. Bill derailed this kids career - IIWII.

So how does that square with me being pissed by the way the Krafts have treated Bill? Easy. Even the best make mistakes and that needs to be recognized. Bill EARNED the right to leave under his circumstances. 6 Lombardi's can NEVER be glossed over or forgotten and I never will.

So yes, I think Bill fucked Mac over (and the offense in general). And yes, I look past that and wanted Bill to stay on modified terms (no GM).

To each his own, right?
thank you for the explanation. indeed,to each his own. i respect your right to believe as you do.

Somewhere @chevss454 posted the comparative stats this year for each of them. Google it. Keep your eyes downfield while you google their stats.

You seem to be a pretty fervent fan and you shouldn't be surprised by what you find, but I think you might be. Zappe was no better than Mac behind that line even though he should have been far better not getting killed by it for 2 seasons. IIWII

Last edited:
thank you for the explanation. indeed,to each his own. i respect your right to believe as you do.
2021 happened. A quarterback doesn't do that as a rookie if they're not good enough. Had 2021 never happened my opinion would be drastically different. It did.

My memory is kind of sucky these days, but it's not so sucky as to forget what I watched.

Thanks for understanding.

Somewhere @chevss454 posted the comparative stats this year for each of them. Google it. Keep your eyes downfield while you google their stats.

You seem to be a pretty fervent fan and if you shouldn't be surprised by what you find, but I think you might be. Zappe was no better than Mac behind that line even though he should have been far better not getting killed by it for 2 seasons. IIWII

Sure he wasn't much better if at all. However, that was after the ball left his hand. Rarely did he look like he was scared out there and it passed the eye test. Movement in the pocket etc.

Sure he wasn't much better if at all. However, that was after the ball left his hand. Rarely did he look like he was scared out there and it passed the eye test. Movement in the pocket etc.
He wasn't better. The issues that any QB faced in that "offense" would be difficult. We agree.

I am not hoping that Mac Jones is the Patriots QB next season. I don't believe that would be the best scenario for the TEAM or Mac. I am a Patriots fan first.

I do believe that Mac will be a starting QB somewhere in the NFL. I realize most others disagree. I think some folks here agree with me, but I tend to lead with my chin, don't I?

I am just a fan, like all of us on here.

He wasn't better. The issues that any QB faced in that "offense" would be difficult. We agree.

I am not hoping that Mac Jones is the Patriots QB next season. I don't believe that would be the best scenario for the TEAM or Mac. I am a Patriots fan first.

I do believe that Mac will be a starting QB somewhere in the NFL. I realize most others disagree. I think some folks here agree with me, but I tend to lead with my chin, don't I?

I am just a fan, like all of us on here.
I’ve always thought of Mac as a very low end starter. He’s never going to win a superbowl but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s still in the league 5 or 6 years from now. Like a worse version of Andy Dalton.
My opinion of him has actually not changed at all from the time he was drafted.

OK. You weren't being spiteful. Got it.

That said, if the decision was just common sense then there was no need to bring up anyone else.

We've got people talking about BB being able to name his own time. Pointing out that Brady wasn't able to do that is absolutely relevant.

We've got people talking about BB being able to name his own time. Pointing out that Brady wasn't able to do that is absolutely relevant.
In the end, Bill got fired and it was deserved. It is kind of a sucky ending in a way, but really the only ending when you think about it. Everyone’s time comes up no matter how much you have won in the past. I think what is particularly difficult about comparing the two situations is Brady still had championship football left in him. The team was 12 and 4 his final season.
These last two seasons from Bill have been two of the worst of his career. The juxtaposition is stunning in a lot of ways.

Let's move on to Mayo the topic of this thread. Yes, I know every thread has digressions but it is time to circle back to the topic

Last edited:

No. It absolutely is not.

How does Brady's departure impact your decision on the direction you shovel snow?

Back