Jags DE Sez Refs Were Paid Off

oldbagfan

No touchy
Reaction score
I guess NE fans aren't the only ones who detest Polian and his whining ways. At least one Jags player has gone so far as to say the officiating in yesterday's loss to Indy was crooked. Well?

POSTED 10:39 a.m. EST, December 3, 2007

JAGS' SPICER RIPS REFS, POLIAN by Michael David Smith

Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Paul Spicer suggested after Sunday's loss at Indianapolis that the officials gave the game to the Colts.

"We are in Indianapolis. [Bill] Polian [the Colts' general manager] give them a little extra in the check,'' Spicer said, per Vito Stellino of the Times-Union.

You can bet that the suggestion that a general manager is buying off the officials by putting something extra in their checks will result in Spicer's next paycheck being quite a bit smaller. But Spicer wasn't done there. He also criticized Polian for, in Spicer's view, drawing too much attention to himself.

"A GM with a radio show. You're kidding me. Give me a break. Ridiculous,'' Spicer said.

Spicer was particularly angry that two Colts touchdowns were preceded by replay reviews in the Colts' favor by referee Terry McAulay.

"We could have done more, but there were some things going on out there that were definitely against us," Spicer said. "I don't have to say it. You know what it is. You watched the game. We felt we had a good crew. They're the worst. I bet people at home were wondering what is going on out there. I'm ticked off right now.''

Stellino reports that Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio had another complaint after the game: According to Del Rio, Colts defensive line coach John Teerlink teaches his players to yell out signals to get the opposing offensive line to false start. Ravens coach Brian Billick made a similar accusation against the Jets this year.

Del Rio refused to say what he thought of the officiating because, he said, "Guys in my position get fined for saying what they think.''

polian will be head hunting this week i am sure :D

The NFL needs to come down hard on the Colts
They have the best lip reader in the NFL as thier O-line coach

Oh, BTW why does the O-line coach need to be wearing his head set?

It almost sounds like they are accusing the Colts of cheating.

dchester on 12-03-2007 at 11:44 AM said:
It almost sounds like they are accusing the Colts of cheating.

THEY WOULD DO NO SUCH THING

When you not only have to beat the Colts, but also the refs, something is very wrong.

How many fishy calls have to go in the Colts favor before the NFL steps in and does something about it?

This is more than just human error, its a pattern.

You know what pissed me off about that fumble by Garrard?

Could they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Garrad DIDNT regain control during the pig-pile?

The Jaguars should have kept possesion there, the replay did not show the whole story.

this just sounds like the colts whining after the 03 championship game

*mikiemo83 on 12-03-2007 at 11:51 AM said:
I don't care, it appears to be but I doubt it actually is

come on this sounds like D22 came up with this thought

You wouldn''t agree that there's a pattern of fishy calls going in the Colts favor, at least when they play at home?

I'm not trying to be a D-22 conspiracy theorist, but there is a definite history of this dating back the last few years. Remember the Pittsburgh playoff game in Indy? Last years AFC Championship game in Indy? This years Pats/Colts game, in Indy? And now this... what a shock, also in Indy?

Those are the ones that stand out and that I remember, there could be more.

But when bad officiating goes in the Colts favor in every one of those games, all at home... Then something is up. And I'm willing to bet that Polian has something to do with it.)

Something definitely needs to be done. Its bad for the league that I now EXPECT that the officiating will be bad (in the Colts favor) whenever there is a big game in Indy.

Maybe THIS is the year the Jags overtake the Colts in the AFC South.

NOPE. :D

That Ben Utecht fumble that was called a incomplete pass after the review was utter horseshit. It was a catch, he fumbled it , and the Jags recovered. It is almost like the refs said, “well it is obviously a fumble but what can we do to get the Colts the ball back. Oh, I know, a incomplete pass” :rolleyes: I am being facetious, but you get my point.

And of course The Colts scored on the next play with a 50 yard pass to Wayne

Bogus!!

Steve-o on 12-03-2007 at 12:02 PM said:
Maybe THIS is the year the Jags overtake the Colts in the AFC South.

NOPE. :D

You know, I have been hoping for the same thing: changing of the guard demoting the Dolts and elevating the Jags. And here's a really sound football reason for my preference: the Jags UNIFORMS are the best in the NFL!

Now if that doesn't entitle them to the division championship, I don't know what does! (they need a new coach - DelRio is going bald)

PSC_Pats_Fan* on 12-03-2007 at 10:57 AM said:
Something definitely needs to be done. Its bad for the league that I now EXPECT that the officiating will be bad (in the Colts favor) whenever there is a big game in Indy.

I don't think it's just when they're at home. The 2004 season opener, when Indy was in Foxboro, was full of terrible calls.

Otherwise I agree with you. It probably sounds ridiculous to most other fans but you can't tell me Polian doesn't have some kind of influence over the officials. The funny thing is with all the pissing and moaning he does (like after the Colts/Chargers game) you'd think if anything the refs would be going out of their way to make calls AGAINST them.

Another cheating thread.

What's that.....3062 on the year now?

If everyone would just admit that every team cheats, we could be done with all this conspiracy theory stuff.

TrueBeliever on 12-03-2007 at 12:13 PM said:
I don't think it's just when they're at home. The 2004 season opener, when Indy was in Foxboro, was full of terrible calls.

Otherwise I agree with you. It probably sounds ridiculous to most other fans but you can't tell me Polian doesn't have some kind of influence over the officials. The funny thing is with all the pissing and moaning he does (like after the Colts/Chargers game) you'd think if anything the refs would be going out of their way to make calls AGAINST them.

Honestly, considering what happened with that NBA ref and how hard the league came down on us, isn't having some independent commission look into this the responsible thing to do? Just make sure it isn't called "The Warren Commission."

Back