James Develin Retires

One of the toughest losses last year IMO. Going to be hard to replace.

They signed a guy named Vitale. Better athlete. More run and catch skills. Not sure of the blocking ability.

For the life of me I don’t understand why they couldn’t fill a FB hole last year. There’s only a few pro teams that even carry one.

Thats a tough loss. Big part of what made the offense go especially in the run game. He was missed last year and will be tough to replace.

S**t....I asked this yesterday I think.

Great player and teammate. A guy like that is very hard to replace.

A good FB and cover up other blocking issues. Smart move on his part. He was a good one and will be tough to replace, but it can be done.

They signed a guy named Vitale. Better athlete. More run and catch skills. Not sure of the blocking ability.

For the life of me I don’t understand why they couldn’t fill a FB hole last year. There’s only a few pro teams that even carry one.

I think he was just instinctive. He knew which hole to destroy and at what angle. Roberts was pretty good later in the year but he's gone to. I have no opinion of Vitale yet. I have not watched film.

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

Do we still have the German guy Jakob?

I think he was just instinctive. He knew which hole to destroy and at what angle. Roberts was pretty good later in the year but he's gone to. I have no opinion of Vitale yet. I have not watched film.

Any highlight of Vitale I saw was him making catches and runs. I have no idea about his blocking.

Tough loss. Thanks for everything you did, Mr. Develin.

I'm sure BB knew this was coming for a while.

Yeah, James Devlin. He retired, as some folks predicted/hoped (for his sake). I don't know if Mr. Devlin ever looks at this blog, but if he does, he'll feel the love. It's the end of the 'Devlin Era', and I'm genuinely going to honor him, in that way. It was a time when, if the Pats needed to run for a few yards, and Devlin was in there, you got those yards. There was nothing the defense could do about it. The running back had to just go behind Devlin, drive forward, and you got the yards you needed. And you looked up after the game, and the Patriots won again. Thanks to the good coaching, and many dependable players. The page is turning to a new chapter.....

Next man up:
FB Jakob Johnson
TE/FB Rashod Berry 6'3", 263, udfa 2020, Ohio St.
TE Keene the new H-back draftee 2020, possibly

No, it wasn't unexpected, but I hate the finality of this announcement.

We missed him terribly last year. He was one of the more under-the-radar stars in the entire league. A fullback that was a key to the entire offense.

Happy trails, James. You done good.

A great guy and a great teammate; he will definitely be missed. Always fun to watch him charge the defense and lay the wood.
On the business end of things, how much cap space does this clear up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back