Jarrett Stidham Is Turning Heads

"Nothing left to prove" is itself a half-baked media narrative. Prove what to whom? Tom's still playing because he loves playing football.

The best compromise is Tom keeps playing and winning, and you turn your radio off because the radio sucks and won't get better no matter who the QB is. Ignore the media and tell them to screw. If Stidham started tomorrow, they'd pull the same shit they always pull, just from a different angle. Tom retiring wont "fix" your radio. it's been dead for years and is never getting resurrected.

Probably. :shrug_n: I don't listen to the radio, I don't really have to. If Stidham started tomorrow, there would be drama, but at least it would be different drama for once. It would be at least a few years before we tried to read his body language and worried about his house on the market.

Probably. :shrug_n: I don't listen to the radio, I don't really have to. If Stidham started tomorrow, there would be drama, but at least it would be different drama for once. It would be at least a few years before we tried to read his body language and worried about his house on the market.

No, it wouldn't. You'd get tired of the "different drama" in 5 minutes.

The hot-take, say-anything-for-clicks outrage machine never takes a day off.

I honestly don't understand someone who wants the greatest player in history to quit - while he's still great and helping to deliver championships - because the media is annoying.

Sorry, but that's incredibly misplaced priorities. Wanting Tom to quit for that reason is giving the sports media power over your sports life that they haven't earned, and don't deserve.

I remember the days when you could add to your enjoyment of a great, winning team by consuming the sports media in and around the game. Those days are over for everyone.

There is no way in hell I want Brady to play two more years. I was hoping he retired before this year. 1 year is enough for players these days. Im thinking next year is time, hopefully brady is too. Sink or swim time.

Who are you and what have you done with P71?

WTF?

Personally, I hope Stidham develops, the Pats win it this year and Brady retires. I'm ready for the next chapter.

Personally, I hope Stidham develops, the Pats win it this year and Brady retires. I'm ready for the next chapter.

I'm ready for whatever results in the most wins. If Stidham develops well but Brady is still better than him at age 43,44,45, then I want Brady starting, and Stidham (IF he's the guy for the sake of discussion) can take over as starter on his second contract.

2 years ago I laid out my wish list for the end of Brady's career, and it went something like:

X Pass Manning on the volume stats leaderboards
+ Pass Manning on the regular season stats leaderboards
(22 TDs, 1400 yards to go)
X Get 200 regular season wins
X Win one more Super Bowl
+ Play 3 more years
+ Retire a Patriot

If he plays even half decent through this year, doesn't get hurt, and retires a Patriot it would be all my dreams come true. However sadly he doesn't play or not for the fulfillment of my wishes, he plays for himself. Even if the storybook perfect ending of a career is available at the end of this season and they win the Super Bowl AGAIN I don't think he'll retire unless his play falls off like crazy this year and perhaps not even then.

It's been a wild ride, because he's given us everything we could hope for, but you can't help but check your optimism with the reality that it typically ends ugly. Even still, if next year we have Tom Brady the Jets Backup QB, who sees significant play and plays terribly, I'll just live in denial it ever happened, and still appreciate him as the GOAT.

2 years ago I laid out my wish list for the end of Brady's career, and it went something like:

X Pass Manning on the volume stats leaderboards
+ Pass Manning on the regular season stats leaderboards
(22 TDs, 1400 yards to go)
X Get 200 regular season wins
X Win one more Super Bowl
+ Play 3 more years
+ Retire a Patriot

If he plays even half decent through this year, doesn't get hurt, and retires a Patriot it would be all my dreams come true. However sadly he doesn't play or not for the fulfillment of my wishes, he plays for himself. Even if the storybook perfect ending of a career is available at the end of this season and they win the Super Bowl AGAIN I don't think he'll retire unless his play falls off like crazy this year and perhaps not even then.

It's been a wild ride, because he's given us everything we could hope for, but you can't help but check your optimism with the reality that it typically ends ugly. Even still, if next year we have Tom Brady the Jets Backup QB, who sees significant play and plays terribly, I'll just live in denial it ever happened, and still appreciate him as the GOAT.

I don't see any possibility TB plays for another team.

BB may not be all that sentimental but seeing Brady in another jersey would break Kraft's heart. Bob Kraft is most definitely sentimental & Kraft won't allow it.

There's a lot of statistical juice riding on this season in general. Assuming they win the SB and have their usual upper-echelon regular season:

-BB passes 300 career HC wins.
-TB pass P.Manning in both career passing yards and reg. season passing TDs
-TB throws for 600 career TDs; (reg season and playoffs combined)
-Pats match Bills for 4 straight SB appearances
-Pats match Pitt for 4 out of 6 SB wins
-Pats move ahead of Pitt for 7 SB titles
-Pats win 2 SB in a row to break the drought they themselves started

...I'm sure there are others.

Although it's coming, I won't be ready for the next chapter until either Brady's performances wane, he gets injured or he calls it quits.

I don't see any possibility TB plays for another team.

BB may not be all that sentimental but seeing Brady in another jersey would break Kraft's heart. Bob Kraft is most definitely sentimental & Kraft won't allow it.

So, who will Stidham play for next? :coffee:

As long as Tom plays well and stays with the Patriots, I'm happy to keep reading this chapter.

Look at the Gronk retirement. Your replacement QB, promising as he might be, could look like our current crop of TEs. Yikes! Once the GOAT retires football will never be the same. I'm in no hurry to see him go.

<center>Cheatriots Cheatriots Cheatriots Pats* + 1 Cheatriots Cheatriots Cheatriots</center>

Father time is undefeated, people. He's not playing for more than 1-2 more years. Let's see what Stidham has and get him some serious reps in this preseason.

I don't think anything is ever set in stone with the Pats, Stidham could be the 2nd coming and BB could trade him for a 5 rd draft pick and a cheeseburger. This season should tell us one way or the other about Stidham's chances of being the next in line.

Although it's coming, I won't be ready for the next chapter until either Brady's performances wane, he gets injured or he calls it quits.

Agree.

While I’m always interested in the draft prospects and the potential in the new faces I’m not ushering out the greatest to ever play at the height of his game still winning championships.

Winter is coming.

Enjoy these moments.

Father time is undefeated, people. He's not playing for more than 1-2 more years. Let's see what Stidham has and get him some serious reps in this preseason.

This is absurd.

While it is true about Father Time and athleticism Brady’s game is FAR more reliant on the mental acumen. The physical skills he uses to perform show no signs of significant decline, and it generally takes Father Time quite a few years to wear down the mental side. All other positions are far more vulnerable. But a cerebral QB who devotes as much time and energy to be at his utmost physical condition can go way longer than another year or 2.

The biggest obstacle he’ll face each off-season is his wife.

i'm ready for whatever results in the most wins. If stidham develops well but brady is still better than him at age 43,44,45, then i want brady starting, and stidham (if he's the guy for the sake of discussion) can take over as starter on his second contract.

+1

Back