Jarrett Stidham Is Turning Heads

I don't have a problem with Hoyer staying on the roster...he just isn't all that good though. Perhaps he is mentoring Stidham though...and that might benefit Stidham.

Back to the topic...I'd really like to see Stidham against some starter-quality competition. Doing this against future Dunkin Donuts managers is great and all, it's a step that he can actually perform in some capacity, that he's better than 'just a college guy' (Mallett never passed this test, Gutierrez either).

I know there's a temptation to play the starters in game three, but really, do we need more than one series from Brady? Handoff, Handoff, Handoff, Kick. I think we know what we're getting. Maybe 2 for Edelman, since he hasn't run all month. Ditto Sony.

It's not even an injury concern, really. I want to see what these backups can do against some ones.

I want the same thing.

However, I've been tuning in to a number of different preseason games around the league (mostly 1st/2nd Q) and I have seen plenty of guys that have been around for a while and are supposed to be decent look totally inept.

Stidham has looked better than several former first-rounders I've watched. It's not even close, even with a few bad throws against Tennessee.

Even factoring in the stiffs he's facing, I think this puppy has some big paws.

I want the same thing.

However, I've been tuning in to a number of different preseason games around the league (mostly 1st/2nd Q) and I have seen plenty of guys that have been around for a while and are supposed to be decent look totally inept.

Stidham has looked better than several former first-rounders I've watched. It's not even close, even with a few bad throws against Tennessee.

Even factoring in the stiffs he's facing, I think this puppy has some big paws.

Maybe. Keep Hoyer on the roster to teach him how to look off a receiver, then. Two pick-6s were dropped last week, along with another sure INT.

Maybe. Keep Hoyer on the roster to teach him how to look off a receiver, then. Two pick-6s were dropped last week, along with another sure INT.

Or if you scramble and break free look for a receiver, they probably broke open by then and not run 20 yards to get a 1 yard run. Of course this is all rookie shit though, so I am not sure he needs someone to teach him that.

Oh this subject, I am not sure getting rid of hoyer is the best idea. When Matt Barkly is your highest Graded QB in preseason, its hard to really tell much by it. Belichick does not seem like the kind of guy that says, wow he lit up those 3rd stringers, get hoyer the hell out of hear, this kid is Montana.

I get wanting to ditch Hoyer for the roster spot. Nothing pisses me off more than losing what turns into a very good player for a position that is strictly insurance. I hate insurance. But you gotta have it. Not for a SB run. But if Tom rolls an ankle Week 5 and is out til Week 9 Hoyer is the better option. This year.

We just have to accept we’re going to lose players. That’s what inevitably happens when a SB winner has 13 draft picks.

I get wanting to ditch Hoyer for the roster spot. Nothing pisses me off more than losing what turns into a very good player for a position that is strictly insurance. I hate insurance. But you gotta have it. Not for a SB run. But if Tom rolls an ankle Week 5 and is out til Week 9 Hoyer is the better option. This year.

We just have to accept we’re going to lose players. That’s what inevitably happens when a SB winner has 13 draft picks.
I'm not sure he is the best option week 5, by then Stidham will have had 5 prep weeks under his belt, observed the GOAT for 1/2 a year, and maybe a dumbed-down Hoyer offense is better suited for Stidham, who is younger and unknown to the opponents for two weeks

yes you would think the experience is on Hoyers side but he is not a good QB now, nor was he ever in the pro's. Why not give Stidham a chance, he really can't do much worse.

What does anybody suppose the odds of Hoyer signing somewhere else is? If it is not that high, I think I would take the chance of having him on speed dial. There are a lot of tough cuts this year, and many will not clear waivers, to make the practice squad, IMO.

What does anybody suppose the odds of Hoyer signing somewhere else is? If it is not that high, I think I would take the chance of having him on speed dial. There are a lot of tough cuts this year, and many will not clear waivers, to make the practice squad, IMO.
or you make him asst. QB coach and he still runs some scout offense.

You're a dog on a bone, aren't you?

:harumph:
I just think it is not as preposterous an idea as many others here do.

he keeps his kids in local schools, not moving them and he gets a check weekly while preparing himself for a career I think he would be very good at based on how far he has come with his career and limited talent.

I just think it is not as preposterous an idea as many others here do.

he keeps his kids in local schools, not moving them and he gets a check weekly while preparing himself for a career I think he would be very good at based on how far he has come with his career and limited talent.

I think as long as it clears a roster spot, I'm good.

I'm not sure he is the best option week 5, by then Stidham will have had 5 prep weeks under his belt, observed the GOAT for 1/2 a year, and maybe a dumbed-down Hoyer offense is better suited for Stidham, who is younger and unknown to the opponents for two weeks

yes you would think the experience is on Hoyers side but he is not a good QB now, nor was he ever in the pro's. Why not give Stidham a chance, he really can't do much worse.

This has been pointed out repeatedly as untrue and yet you continue to repeat it.

Pull your pants back up and stop yelling at passing cars!

This has been pointed out repeatedly as untrue and yet you continue to repeat it.

Pull your pants back up and stop yelling at passing cars!
Stop mistaking starting with good.

He is and always was below average, everyone has a run - see Brock Osweiler and Scott Mitchell - that doesn't make them good, just lucky.

Stop mistaking starting with good.

He is and always was below average, everyone has a run - see Brock Osweiler and Scott Mitchell - that doesn't make them good, just lucky.

He’s played well for significant stretches of a regular season schedule multiple times vs starters.

You’ve got a boner over a kid playing ok vs backups and roster cuts.

He shows promise. I like him. But he’s done NOTHING.

Who are the fringe players that will do well elsewhere?...in your mind?

Back