Jets opinions

NJ#1PATSFAN

Playing Safety with Rodney
Reaction score
Any thoughts on how both sides of the ball looked this afternoon??

Tough to get a read because I dont know if the Jets played well or the Texans played like crap. Sanchez had some nice throws, but also some bad ones. NY's defense looked strong at times, but a team like the Pats will eat that team alive.

I was very impressed with the Jets today.Their Defensive front was very good and they were missing some starters to boot.Sanchez had excellent composer and yes they played a team who played poorly on the offensive side of the Ball.But the Jets defensive front cause a lot of hurry throws and had massive pressure all day long. The Pats will have their hands full next week if they think they can walk into NY and have a easy win. I think the Jets will be our biggest threat in the division. I still see us winning comfortably,but our offensive line better protect or we could have a closer game... I still think Pats 32 Jets 13 next week....

Tough to get a read because I dont know if the Jets played well or the Texans played like crap. Sanchez had some nice throws, but also some bad ones. NY's defense looked strong at times, but a team like the Pats will eat that team alive.
From what I saw, it seemed that Houston had no game plan against 'the rookie'. Almost no blitzes, playing zone most of the time. I think Houston is a bad team on both sides so hopefully the Pats can expose that in a week in front of the 'pumped up' Jets crowd.

Jenkins and Sanchez came up big today.

I have no doubt BB will confuse Sanchez.
But Jenkins(it starts with him) and the rest of the D looked strong today.

They'll take some bad losses but they unfortunetly look like a team that's definelty on the rise.

AFTER ONE GAME ,OF COURSE :peace:

Agree that the Rats defense looked pretty good, although it is true that Houston contributed by being horrendous on offense. Their OL could do nothing and the Rats were winning the battles up front.

On offense, the Rats couldn't run at all until late in the game when Houston was tired and/or playing the ball.

The "Sanchize" looked pretty good for a rookie in his first start, but no where near what the ball-washing of the broadcast crew (Esiason), was making him out to be. He looked nervous in the pocket when the big guys got close and seemed to turtle on a couple of plays; throwing the pass while curling up as the hit was coming. The turtled throws missed badly and he was lucky no defender was near the ball.

Leon Washington saved him from a certain pick 6 on a very bad decision, when the game was close early and had at least one other pass that could have been picked. If the pick 6 happens it is a different game.

His TD pass was an easy throw that many on this site could make. He had time and an uncovered receiver. It was all the more annoying when it was proclaimed it the "GEICO Play of the Day", which was announced after Brandon Stokely's miracle reception to win the Broncos game. Oooookaaaayyyy....

Still he made a few very nice throws, and he looks like he could develop into a solid pro, but if today is any indication, they are going to give him an "Obama-like" annointing to greatness before he has earned it, which is going to be highly annoying.

A positive for the Pats is that the rats could have a much bigger opinion of themselves after today's game and be over-confident next week. This is a malady which seems to plague the Rats.

As for Houston,if this wasn't an aberration, then they are in trouble. They won't be anyone's "surprise team" this year, and in fact, they still looked like an expansion team.
You would expect a better effort in the first game of the season.

The Texans seemed to have no idea what a screen is let alone run one. Sanchez on the other hand seemed like it was the only play he could run with any consistency. If our D strugles with their offense next week then we are in serious trouble.
Deffensively they should be good but hard to tell since Houston is where O-Linemen go to die and QBs turn in nothing more that tackling dummies.

The Jets are roadkill.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-tb8sblCks&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-tb8sblCks&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-tb8sblCks&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-tb8sblCks&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We used to sing that when I was a kid :p

Cotchery killed the Texans today. Gotta make sure he's well-covered.

He's their only WR. Shouldn't be a problem.

It's going to be different for the Jets to play against a team that runs plays longer than 10 yards and actually runs different defenses occasionally.

This loss was on Kubiak, IMO.

Back