Josh McDaniels Intends To Stay Until BB Retires

If I were in his shoes and loved my current situation with my family and was part of something historic with the trajectory to be the next HC then I'd rather stay here working on something great than head there and wallow in mediocrity or less.
He did once say that after Boston>Denver>St Louis>Boston that he didn't want to move his kids any more. I'm fine with him staying, though I do wish he'd lose the constant first down run, then pass pass game plan.

He did once say that after Boston>Denver>St Louis>Boston that he didn't want to move his kids any more. I'm fine with him staying, though I do wish he'd lose the constant first down run, then pass pass game plan.

His red zone offense was excellent. The double screen to White for the second TD was a gorgeous play.

I think I mentioned a while back in some thread about Josh and Matty P being gone after this year to take HC positions that my next-door neighbor is best friends with Josh's wife, they live in Westwood, and she has told my neighbor repeatedly that she's not moving again and wants her kids growing up here.

Highly unlikely Josh is going anywhere. We all know that the wife always controls, well, everything.

ROFL

Most HCs have a say on the players. He was never GM which is a whole different ball game. I think he has probably grown quite a bit since his Donks days and would not be averse to see what he would build for the Pats given he knows our team the best.

The Donkos gave him all the power that he ever wanted, so... :coffee:

I think I mentioned a while back in some thread about Josh and Matty P being gone after this year to take HC positions that my next-door neighbor is best friends with Josh's wife, they live in Westwood, and she has told my neighbor repeatedly that she's not moving again and wants her kids growing up here.

Highly unlikely Josh is going anywhere. We all know that the wife always controls, well, everything.

ROFL

The wife is my source too!

ROFL

The wife is my source too!
that woman needs to hush.... do her job and stop leaking news.

Now comes this report that says the media made up all that shit that McD wants to succeed BB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-to-be-head-coach-again?campaign=Twitter_atn

Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels wants to set the record straight.
Yes, he is interested in becoming an NFL head coach again someday. No, he is not planning on navigating a way to be Bill Belichick's successor in New England.

Those nuggets filtered out of his Tuesday press conference with beat reporters, according to the Boston Herald. McDaniels cited recent reports about him outlasting Belichick and taking over and called them "unfounded."
"I definitely would love to be a head coach again," he said, via CSN New England.
As we've noted in each of our last three head coaching list updates -- all of which have McDaniels No. 1 -- he is waiting for the right opportunity to pop up, which is why he has yet to leave the cozy confines of Gillette Stadium for a second time. Our lists can be found here (pre-season), here (quarter-season) and here (mid-season).

While it is not productive or fair to speculate on such openings at this point, one would have to assume that the quarterback, general manager and owner are all sympatico. McDaniels does not want a situation like Denver where he was motivated to burn himself out after a short time. In his next gig, he would like to delegate comfortably.

Teams can create a Patriots-like atmosphere elsewhere so long as ownership is on board, which is why McDaniels doesn't need the real thing. New England's inevitable Super Bowl push could complicate the interviewing schedule like it always seems to do, but if the right job is out there, don't be surprised if he goes out of his way to attend a meeting or two with prospective employers.

BB spoke up on the behalf of McD, Patricia and Caserio

On Tuesday’s conference call, Bill Belichick said he had heard McDaniels wasn’t on the list and also director of player personnel Nick Caserio wasn’t on the GM list.
The coach said any list without including all three current members of the Patriots staff would be “incomplete.”
“Well, I didn’t see or hear the report firsthand, so I’ll take what you described as being accurate,” Belichick said. “Yeah, the comment that I would have would be number one – I think that both Josh [McDaniels] and Matt [Patricia], so Matt who is on the list and I guess Josh who isn’t, if that’s right – I think both Josh and Matt are great coaches. [They] should absolutely be on any head coaching list. I can’t imagine that there are many other coaches that could present a resume equal or comparable to theirs. They’ve done a great job here for a sustained period of time so a great track record. I think, I personally think, that a list of head coaching candidates that didn’t include them would be incomplete.
“A similar comment on the general manager thing with Nick [Caserio], which I don’t know if he was or wasn’t included. I think somebody told me that he wasn’t included, so I would have the same comment for him. He does a tremendous job as well. I can’t imagine any list not having those three people.”
The Career Development Advisory Panel consists of Tony Dungy, Charley Casserly, Carl Peterson, Bill Polian, Jimmy Raye Sr., James “Shack” Harris, Ernie Accorsi, Dick Daniels, and John Madden. Their list will be finalized on December 8 and distributed to teams on December 10.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...ls-matt-patricia-as-head-coaching-candidates/

Well you have Napolian and st. Dungy on that panel so that explains a lot.

Something made up in the heads of some panel.

You know what kind of inside info they might have? If you know that they don't have any, perhaps you share your info source with us. Or is "Something made up in the heads of some panel", just something made up in your head?

Nothing made up in my head. Right out of the horses mouth.

I expect you are from the group that believes everything you read on the internet. Honestly, it is OK to be a skeptic.

I imagine Josh is happy staying put unless a perfect job offer comes along.

But if the word around town is that he does not plan to leave New England, period, then he'll miss all opportunities to interview for that potentially perfect job. I imagine that's why he wanted to clear up the report. Not necessarily because he's intent on leaving in 2017, but because even if he'd be happy waiting for BB to retire he also doesn't want to dissuade teams from contacting him to discuss future opportunities. Basically keeping both doors open.

Back