Julio Jones

So, it doesn't look great for our chances (supposedly) and I never really thought it was possible. The money is just
too high and we've already had Christmas morning at least twice.

It just bothered me that there were folks who didn't think he could help us and that is crazy talk.

Still, I'll keep a slim hope alive until it's over.

We'll be fine with what we've got. No worries.

So, it doesn't look great for our chances (supposedly) and I never really thought it was possible. The money is just
too high and we've already had Christmas morning at least twice.

It just bothered me that there were folks who didn't think he could help us and that is crazy talk.

Still, I'll keep a slim hope alive until it's over.

We'll be fine with what we've got. No worries.
I think we will be more than fine. I think we will end up in the AFCCG again unless one thing happens: Cam sucks but BB stays with him too long or all season.

If Cam is appreciably better = AFCCG
If Mac is what he is looking like he could be = AFCCG
If BB is married to last year's Cam = 9-8 no playoffs

I must admit that I am a bit further out from the center of this tree...:LOL:

I think we will be more than fine. I think we will end up in the AFCCG again unless one thing happens: Cam sucks but BB stays with him too long or all season.

Looks good to me

As long as the branch holds, you'll be fine.

Your scenarios all seem plausible, except for No. 3. That's a hard no and I don't mean the playoff part. Bill's got a softer
place to land and won't be seeking counseling.

I think we have all the ingredients we need to compete, but will want to see how those parts work to make
a new Pats team that has a shot at silver. We do have a lot of new units and I don't expect it's going to be
instant brilliance. I think Bill likes it more when his guys don't start off blazing hot and things gel along the
way.

I need to see last year's discipline and fight with this year's talent.

And, of course, the Palindrome Boys. I think it's a good thing that their names are one syllable each, because
it's going to save us all a ton of time.

Yeah I'm not really sure that another WR is what Seatle desperately need. They would have been far wiser to break the bank and have gone after Trent Brown, Thuney and the like.

Love Miguel, but missing in his reply is that if the Falcons really did have an offer of a first round pick, the deal should have been done by now?

Probably a lot of smoke and mirrors. Teams know Falcons are selling, so their demands are probably not being met as other teams are trying to not give up too much with that knowledge. I think only way they get a 1st it's if it goes into a bidding war, but there aren't that many teams able to pay a 1st and pay Julio (and be contenders).

Love Miguel, but missing in his reply is that if the Falcons really did have an offer of a first round pick, the deal should have been done by now?

Or maybe the Falcons have more than 1 team offering a 1st. Or a 2nd.
They can be patient. There's no hurry. They may feel their best deal hasn't been offered yet.
What Miguel means is that there is no actual deadline

As it stands there are only 7 NFL teams that have the salary cap space to trade for Julio Jones.
  1. New England Patriots, Available Cap Space: $15,974,468
  2. Arizona Cardinals, Available Cap Space: $13,538,841
  3. San Francisco 49ers, Available Cap Space: $17,663,487
  4. Cleveland Browns, Available Cap Space: $20,927,358
  5. Indianapolis Colts, Available Cap Space: $20,466,554
  6. New York Jets, Available Cap Space: $25,052,069
  7. Jacksonville Jaguars, Available Cap Space: $39,202,476

If Julio suits up for a winning franchise, and he’s made it very clear that he wants to be in a winning culture, it makes sense for him to look at the Patriots, 49ers, or Browns.
But Julio has no say in where Atlanta trades him. They want the best deal.

2 teams, imo, should do all they can to get Julio: the Browns and Jax.
He would put Cleveland over the top to contend.
He would give Trevor Lawrence a huge boost to get his NFL career off to a great start.
A Jax 1st round pick would be top 5 for Atlanta; Cleveland would be in the 20s.

Yesterday I was listening to Sirius/XM and one of the hosts speculated that the report of a first round pick offer described by ESPN didn't specify that the pick was a 2022 pick. In other words, it could be for 2023, or later. There's a big value difference there. Personally, I doubt there's been any first rounder offered, but that's just me.

While the Rams have emptied the cupboard and risked their future to try and get a trophy, but they actually have been pretty successful in staying relevant compared to most
teams that go down that path.

They make a lot of deals and now they'll ride or die with Matt Stafford. I don't like their chances, but I've been waiting for them to go away for a couple of years and they're still
hanging around. I guess McVay, like most NFL HCs, isn't worried too much about what happens there after he gets fired.

Cam has a better win/loss record than Stafford.

Back