Julio Jones

On topic, I have no idea if Julio is any good at this point and has anything left in the tank. I hope he is if we get him, and that he’s not if we don’t. Obviously giving up Stid to get him would be fine, since he won’t make the roster. A first also seems fine, when we have them I’m not seeing a track record of getting better receivers with them anyway. Giving up Gilmore is insane and to my eyes would be about the best way possible to sabotage the team and any hope for success this season.

On topic, I have no idea if Julio is any good at this point and has anything left in the tank. I hope he is if we get him, and that he’s not if we don’t. Obviously giving up Stid to get him would be fine, since he won’t make the roster. A first also seems fine, when we have them I’m not seeing a track record of getting better receivers with them anyway. Giving up Gilmore is insane and to my eyes would be about the best way possible to sabotage the team and any hope for success this season.
No deal for Jones will include Gilmore. That is insane, considering that's a trade you do for multiple draft picks, not a player who's older than the guy you're trading.

If Jones massively disappoints, and puts up 60 catches, 800 yards and 8 TDs, that's miles better than any receiver the Patriots had on the field last year. So yeah, I'm all for it.

Gilmore makes sense as we are not extending past this year. Facons get him on a good one year deal and then can negotiate a new deal with him.

Gilmore makes sense as we are not extending past this year. Facons get him on a good one year deal and then can negotiate a new deal with him.

No. Gilmore doesn't make sense as the Falcons have no cap space. They're not going to accept a player that will count against the cap when that's the main reason they're getting rid of Julio.

No. Gilmore doesn't make sense as the Falcons have no cap space. They're not going to accept a player that will count against the cap when that's the main reason they're getting rid of Julio.
I know. I think they want picks for that reason and not players. But if we are going to throw a player in to sweeten the deal than Stidham is not that guy to get the deal done IMO.

I know. I think they want picks for that reason and not players. But if we are going to throw a player in to sweeten the deal than Stidham is not that guy to get the deal done IMO.
So why did you suggest Gilmore and then when it was pointed out to you that it didn't make sense did you say, "I know?" Unbelievable...

It's purely spitballing, but Stidham might actually be able to win the backup job in Atlanta which is now held by A.J. McCarron. I certainly believe that Jarrett, while still largely
an unknown, has much better arm talent than McCarron, but I get your point.

For a deal sweetener I've been re-thinking that Atlanta might very well be more interested in Sony Michel than we might think. They love them some former Bulldogs down there and their RB group is led by Mike Davis. Is there a more obscure lead back than Mike Davis in the league? They've had all kinds of problems on the ground over the last few years and have gone through I don't know how many backs without any success and the rest of their depth chart is Cordarelle Patterson, Quadree Ollison and Tony Brooks-James. Not looking good.

I'm not saying Michel is Emmitt Smith, but he'd be an upgrade over that group.

They've invested a lot in a new air game with Pitts Magee and Calvin Ridley and there is no reason for any D to respect that running game the way it's shaping up. Everybody will nickel and dime them to death and they won't be able to do a thing about it.

The money might not work since Sony is fairly well paid at around 1.7M, but they could figure something out.

Michel, N'Keal and a 2nd next year. That deal might make the most sense of any. Two former No. 1's and a valuable pick next year would be something their fans
might approve of which Blank seems to care about.

Overall, the Falcons look to be a prime contender for worst record in the league to me. They've got very little going for them.

It's purely spitballing, but Stidham might actually be able to win the backup job in Atlanta which is now held by A.J. McCarron. I certainly believe that Jarrett, while still largely
an unknown, has much better arm talent than McCarron, but I get your point.

For a deal sweetener I've been re-thinking that Atlanta might very well be more interested in Sony Michel than we might think. They love them some former Bulldogs down there and their RB group is led by Mike Davis. Is there a more obscure lead back than Mike Davis in the league? They've had all kinds of problems on the ground over the last few years and have gone through I don't know how many backs without any success and the rest of their depth chart is Cordarelle Patterson, Quadree Ollison and Tony Brooks-James. Not looking good.

I'm not saying Michel is Emmitt Smith, but he'd be an upgrade over that group.

They've invested a lot in a new air game with Pitts Magee and Calvin Ridley and there is no reason for any D to respect that running game the way it's shaping up. Everybody will nickel and dime them to death and they won't be able to do a thing about it.

The money might not work since Sony is fairly well paid at around 1.7M, but they could figure something out.

Michel, N'Keal and a 2nd next year. That deal might make the most sense of any. Two former No. 1's and a valuable pick next year would be something their fans
might approve of which Blank seems to care about.

Overall, the Falcons look to be a prime contender for worst record in the league to me. They've got very little going for them.
I hear what you are saying but offering Michel and Harry is basically unloading our #1 draft pick failures. I would think they would want a better player(s) than those 2. But you could be right. Maybe the #2, plus those guys gets it done. I have a feeling they may end up getting the #1 from a team who feels they are Julio away from a SB.

I hear what you are saying but offering Michel and Harry is basically unloading our #1 draft pick failures. I would think they would want a better player(s) than those 2. But you could be right. Maybe the #2, plus those guys gets it done. I have a feeling they may end up getting the #1 from a team who feels they are Julio away from a SB.
Michel has not been a fair!ure.

I would not trade Michel due to comp pick valuations unless it was only Sony and a 3 at most.

Seattle lapping the field at the finish?

Back