Julio Jones

Roberto71

Reaction score
It was a nice dream when it lasted! Would have loved to see one of the all-time greatest WRs here of the past 20 years. But we do seem nicely stacked at WR/TE now so at least we weren't depending on him to rescue a dire situation.

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score

Seems rather cheap for such a good player. As expected, no 1st was involved.

Last edited:

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
Pretty much nailed it that Julio would get traded before the end of next week and WAAAY before TC.

I wonder what the Pats offered? Did we ever offer a 2? Seems unlikely as the Titans got him for less as they gave the 2 and then swapped 4 and 6 round picks.

Last edited:

Ryan91

RIP Gran - Always love you
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Pretty much nailed it that Julio would get traded before the end of next week and WAAAY before TC.

I wonder what the Pats offered? Did we ever offer a 2? Seems unlikely as the Titans got him for less as they gave the 2 and then swapped 4 and 6 round picks.

Pats probably offered better, but then someone mentioned 28-3 and Falcons management had flashbacks to SB51, collectively curled up into a ball for a while, rocking back and forth and eventually decided against it

Mazz22

Reaction score
Pats probably offered better, but then someone mentioned 28-3 and Falcons management had flashbacks to SB51, collectively curled up into a ball for a while, rocking back and forth and eventually decided against it
LOL. 28-3 rocks on forever!

I am really not all that disappointed although the cost was nearly as much as I thought and I would have been fine giving up the #2.

I am interested to hear from other posters though who really, really wanted Julio if they are Ok with the Pats not offering more than Titans to get him? Or do we think the Pats bowed out when it got to a 2? Perhaps Chevs has some inside sources to know what was offered.

TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different
He wouldn't have lasted anyway. He's only played 4 full seasons in his entire career...
Rob Gronkowski has only played 4 full seasons in his entire career.

It's a tough sport, and injuries happen. But some guys are so good, you want them on your team, even knowing that they're going to miss some games.

zeke mowatt

Reaction score
Bellyache is determined the pats will always be mediocre at the WR position.

ParanoidPatriot

Reaction score
I disagree. 28-3 didn't have to be mentioned, Arthur Blank sees that score every night before he goes to sleep.
He would rather had traded Julio to a CFL team for a 2nd round CFL draft choice than trade Julio to the Patriots for 3 1st rounders.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
LOL. 28-3 rocks on forever!

I am really not all that disappointed although the cost was nearly as much as I thought and I would have been fine giving up the #2.

I am interested to hear from other posters though who really, really wanted Julio if they are Ok with the Pats not offering more than Titans to get him? Or do we think the Pats bowed out when it got to a 2? Perhaps Chevs has some inside sources to know what was offered.
View: https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1401611947288797184

Howe says it all.
We knew their interest in Julio had waned as soon as Marvin Hall was signed.

Mazz22

Reaction score

Roberto71

Reaction score
Peter King is saying neither the Patriots nor the Seahawks had any serious interest in paying Jones big money.

I guess the Pats and the Hawks switched off well before the announcement was made yesterday.

Last edited:

Mazz22

Reaction score
Peter King is saying neither the Patriots nor the Seahawks had any serious nterest in paying Jones big money.

I guess the Pats and the Hawks switched off well before the announcement was made yesterday.
Did we really expect anything different? Bill has been pretty consistent in not paying for quality WRs other than Moss.

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
I'm going to believe that it was strictly money, this years in particular, that is the reason why we bailed. Jones wasn't
taking any discounts to play here and that's likely what it would have taken.

At 15M, we probably could have squeezed him in under the cap, but Bill has typically preferred to keep a few million
fluid for rainy days. I would have gladly given our 2nd rounder for a couple of years of Julio, but he was a pipe dream '
and we've got enough weapons on offense without him. We'll be fine without him.

I might also point out that there is still the whole waiver process yet to come and we are probably far from being done
adding players and we'll need cash to do that.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
plus they may want to hold more $ for larger practice squad/i/r returns(so glad they kept that, might be the best part of covid)