Kayshon Boutte Arrested

Roberto71

Reaction score
New England Patriots wide receiver Kayshon Boutte was arrested on charges related to illegal online gaming from his time as a student-athlete at LSU.
Per Scottie Hunter of WAFB 9 in Baton Rouge, Boutte turned himself in on Thursday after an arrest warrant was issued for a felony charge of computer fraud and a misdemeanor count of gaming prohibited for persons under 21.

Hunter noted arrangements were made for Boutte to be booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison, post a $6,000 bond and be immediately released from custody.
Per the Louisiana State Police, Boutte is alleged to have used an alias to circumvent the legal age requirements for gambling and placed more than 8,900 wagers over a 13-month period from April 2022 to May 2023, including at least six on LSU football games.

The NFL said in a statement, "We are aware of the matter but have no further comment at this time."
LSU issued a statement saying it was made aware of the allegations involving Boutte in July 2023 and has "fully cooperated with all relevant authorities involved in the investigation and will continue to do so."

GEtkv07WYAA-VY5

How dumb. He used his own name as the username “kayshonboutte7” and “kayshonboutte01” according to the affidavit.
---------------------------------------------------

The Commissioner has the power to suspend him if the violation were egregious enough even though it happened in college.
He's already shown us he thinks gambling qualifies.

If he gets punished, will Draft Kings pull advertising…

If he gets punished, will Draft Kings pull advertising…
No chance. They'll just continue to make examples of player after player. Too many zero's at the end of the Draft Kings revenue stream.

I know. Just being sarcastic. Forgot the coffee guy.
I know. I had originally written out something wittier but I already made one dumb joke in this thread and thought better of it.

Oh: :coffee:

Boutte is alleged to have used an alias to circumvent the legal age requirements for gambling and placed more than 8,900 wagers over a 13-month period from April 2022 to May 2023, including at least six on LSU football games.

This is the really mind-blowing part of this story. If true, that means that a college kid, one that shouldn't have a lot of cash to burn averaged more than 22 bets a day for the
duration. I hope the bets he placed on his own team were to cover the spread and/or win or this will get nasty.

So, he was either pretty good at it or he was doing the sorts of things that degenerate gamblers resort to in order to get their fix.

FWIW, I recently read a really interesting book called "Gambler: Secrets of a Life at Risk" by Billy Walters, who is considered the all-time king of sports gambling. I
never wager officially on sports excepting personal bets with friends, but it did shed a lot of light on how the machine works and how people think.

One of his insights was that when asked what the most exciting part of gambling is, many hardcore bettors reply that it is NOT really the thrill you get
when you win and cash in. It's the time between when you lay the bet down and when you find out the outcome. The not knowing part is the
thrill. I don't really get that, but I have no reason to doubt that is true for many. And extremely addictive.

As far as Kayshon goes, I'm going to hold off saying more until more detail emerges.

The Commissioner has the power to suspend him if the violation were egregious enough even though it happened in college.
He's already shown us he thinks gambling qualifies.

That'll be a great lawsuit for Boutte to file.

You know the math says it was approx I bet an hour for 13 straight month.

Think of that, over 22 bets a day,.

That’s a shit load of nonsense and I know nonsense, I posted a shitload back in the day!!!

Back