Let's Go kansas!!!!!!

I think I had a "Gaffney catching the winning TD in Baltimore" moment when Super Mario buried that trey. Holy crap... I can't do this... between these guys and the Pats, I'm gonna die from sports by 30! :D

Why were they going for three that last possesion?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :banghead:

I guarantee you Douglas Roberts is going to be reliving those last two trips to the line for years and years to come. 1 more out of the 3 misses = game over.

pppffftttt... Memphis laid an egg.

A once great Pittsburgh Steeler once said... Sometimes the best team doesn't........... Ah forget it. Not going there.

pppffftttt... Memphis laid an egg.

A once great Pittsburgh Steeler once said... Sometimes the best team doesn't........... Ah forget it. Not going there.

LOL Wouldn't be true in this case anyway. What'd they miss like 6 of their last 7 free throws or something?

Eh. That was a good game, great shot by Chalmers at the end of regulation. Good game, great season and tourney.

I guarantee you Douglas Roberts is going to be reliving those last two trips to the line for years and years to come. 1 more out of the 3 misses = game over.
When he's 70 years old he'll still be thinking of them...damn, I really wanted to see Cal finally win one. :(

I can't feel bad for CDR and the Memphis guys that choked on their free throws. I still remember 2003, when Nick Collison or any other Jayhawk couldn't make a free throw to save their lives, and Syracuse won the title. Until tonight, that was the most painful loss as a Kansas fan- not Bucknell, not Bradley, not Rhode Island in 98 or UTEP in 92. And after watching my beloved Patriots stumble at the doorstep of history, I couldn't have been happier to see the hometown Hawks score a miracle comeback- I just wish I could've been among the insane masses in Lawrence. Massachusetts Street was like a war zone, a big ol' happy war zone. I don't care that I have to be up for classes in 5 1/2 hours, I'm so excited and happy I could go without sleep if I had to. The t-shirt has been ordered! 2008 National Champions... it just doesn't get any better than this!

I kept to my vow of not watching a minute of the tourney....but I'm happy for Mr. Paul Pierce. Maybe he'll use that as postive Mojo for the Cs...."It's my year, dammit!!"

My bracket was so busted, I didn't really care who won, but I'm happy for Kansas. The way they ousted NC impressed the hell outta me!

As for Memphis - Everyone kept saying they'd be the first #1 to fall, mostly because of free-throw shooting. Well, they made it to the final game, but in the end.....

It's all about fundamentals.

Back