Let's talk about John Tomase

Im sure the players and coaches are aware of what he did. Can the organization prevent him from being allowed in press conferences and such? Do you guys think the players and coaches will refuse to answer his questions?

<<
It's perhaps rare when Harrison Hits and I agree on anything. We both think Tomase should lose his job.
>>

HELL HAS FROZEN OVER ! That sound you hear is that of the >) skating ROFL

I can't necessarily blame Fat Face for running his story but he's a member of the homer press and supposed to support the team, not help crucify it. Especially given the timing of his story could hardly have been worse for Patriots Nation.

Especially since it seems he did little to properly verify it. As far as I'm concerned Tomase is the new Borges.

Tomase has chosen to live here and be part of this community. Like Borges he does not seem to respect that community and would rather piss everyone off for his own personal little claim to fame.

If this all plays out and the Rams thing is never proven they might as well get rid of him anyway. He will never be effective again covering the Pats or with their fans.

Taint clicked on the Herald online since Mr. T's master work was published. In fact I deleted the link from my "favorites".

<<
Can the organization prevent him from being allowed in press conferences and such? Do you guys think the players and coaches will refuse to answer his questions?
>>

if the Herald chooses to give him the Pats beat and appropriate credentials I don't think the team can formally ban him unless he has done something illegal on their property or to one of the organization. If they can it would certainly create a lot of other problems as a result.

However certainly the players and coaches can refuse to answer any question he poses, talk to him or acknowledge him in any way. I have no doubt if he is ever at a BB press conference again he will never be allowed to ask any questions. From the moment he wrote that article he guaranteed that he will never receive cooperation from any Patriot player, coach or staff. They will shut him out bigtime.

Here's what we do..does anyone know if he has a sister? Better yet..his mom..we need to find his mom. Now here comes the hard part, regardless of what she looks like, someone has to have sexins with her, and we have to video tape it. We need lots of video tape of it..

Then we email him a 2 minute clip..and suggest to him that before he writes his stories from now on, that he be more cautious with his "sources" and his words. Because if not, we have enough video to make a paid website and post her cootchie all over the net.

Seeing that he's probably a mama's boy, this news will devestate him, and he shall be forever under our control.

<<
Can the organization prevent him from being allowed in press conferences and such? Do you guys think the players and coaches will refuse to answer his questions?
>>

if the Herald chooses to give him the Pats beat and appropriate credentials I don't think the team can formally ban him unless he has done something illegal on their property or to one of the organization. If they can it would certainly create a lot of other problems as a result.

However certainly the players and coaches can refuse to answer any question he poses, talk to him or acknowledge him in any way. I have no doubt if he is ever at a BB press conference again he will never be allowed to ask any questions. From the moment he wrote that article he guaranteed that he will never receive cooperation from any Patriot player, coach or staff. They will shut him out bigtime.

There's a story on the front page alleging that the Pats have shut out all ESPN reporters, Peter King and John Thomase. It basically says that the NFL can't force members of the Pats organization to talk to those reporters.

I can understand the displeasure w/Thomase as a local guy who could have run that story at any time but chose to do it at the worst possible time for the people who pay to read his stories and his paper. Thomase & the Herald had the right to publish it but like many have said, we have the right to ignore them too. Purposly ruining the SB weekend for NE fans in order to pubish a flimsy seven year-old story is unforgivable to me.

I will always despise Tomase for ruining my SB weekend....much like I despised Will McDonough (yes, may he rest in peace) for ruining two others, but at the very least WM had reliable sources and his stories proved to be true. What does Ozzie's illegtimate son, John Tomase have? "Stu-gatz," as my Dad would say.

I think Thomase really screwed the pooch with the Walsh story and did it to create a big splash and enhance his own reputation in the glare of the Super Bowl spotlights and that really sucked. I looked at it as both unfortunate and somewhat uncharacteristic.

I thought he did some creditable work this year and at least tried to break down film unlike most other beat guys in the area. Not the best and not the worst. I knew who he was, at least.

I think people that compare him to Borges are off base, however. Borges made a career out of slander, slanted journalism and innuendo and should have been fired years before he finally got canned for plagiarism. Thomase had one big eff up and some other ticky-tack stuff.

Thomase isn't even in Borges' league as far as being anti-Pats goes. He has a long ways to go before you lump him in with the Evil One, who was the biggest hack in the football world.

OK. SO I sent that email to Tomasse right? Wel he resonded...

Hey Ryan --

I'm assuming this is because of the walkthrough story? I wish everything I
wrote was incredibly popular, but that's not part of the job description. As a
social studies teacher, you don't leave out the unpleasant parts of history,
right?

John

Never would have thought he would respond. I am pretty amazed actually. He does make a good point. But as was said in earlier post this is entertainment...not history. I am not sure if I should respond back. Any thoughts?

Hey Ryan --

right?

John

Never would have thought he would respond. I am pretty amazed actually. He does make a good point. But as was said in earlier post this is entertainment...not history. I am not sure if I should respond back. Any thoughts?

And as a social studies teacher, we don't report unsubstianted rumors as "fact". I could give a thousand so called "sources" about the way Washington supposedly was, but it still doesn't make it fact, without actual proof.

And as a social studies teacher, we don't report unsubstianted rumors as "fact". I could give a thousand so called "sources" about the way Washington supposedly was, but it still doesn't make it fact, without actual proof.

Right. But I still teach my kids that Kennedy was indeed shot and what the assorted stories are explaining it. I also explain what may have happened to the USS Maine in Havavna, Cuba too...

Right. But I still teach my kids that Kennedy was indeed shot and what the assorted stories are explaining it. I also explain what may have happened to the USS Maine in Havavna, Cuba too...

I'd just let it go. I don't think he would ever change his stance, or admit error.

Yeah you give the theories on the history sure to give avenues of thought. Which a good teacher should do, it's your job to do.

Reporters work a story from a lead which is sometimes usually a rumor. A real reporter finds the story out then reports it, not just report about some lead, unless they work for the Enquirer. And that makes him a shitty reporter.

Yeah I guess if he had the time to respond to an email he can't be too busy right?

Hey Ryan --

right?

John

Yeah, I think I would respond. He has a responsiblity to his audience that if he cracks a "story" that he doesn't leave it hanging in mid-air. Where is his unbiased follow-up? Where are the facts since he so irresponsibly aired this alleged infraction? What was his due diligence, or is he just another National Enquirer-type writer that has "sources"? Also, I thought responsible journalists had to have more than one "source" before it broke a story? Can he answer those questions for you, PFR?

I WANT ANSWERS!!!!!:grumpy:

Hey Ryan --

right?

John

Be polite but def respond. Maybe you can find out some more info. Did he think the source was credible, why no follow up, did he ask the type of camera, was the first time he heard about this 2 days before the superbowl?

Back