Looking At The Patriots - 2013

It's all been explained.
Game planning. Pats went heavy and physical vs the Steelers with 3 TE and a FB. Collie went ahead of KT for veteran experience.

Ok thank you. That's really got to suck being the #2 WR. To start the year to now being the #4 WR. Dobson is finally becoming the big play threat. Brady has not had since Moss.

From NFL.com at the midway point:

Brady has 2241 yds passing and is on target for > 4000 yds to join PManning, Brees, Favre & Marino with at least 6 4000 yd seasons.

Brady has 143 wins and needs 4 to tie Marino (147) for the 4th most wins among QBs.

Chandler Jones has 8.5 sacks and is on pace to join Andre Tippett as the only Patriots players to have > 15 sacks in a year. Tippett had 18.5 sacks in '84 and 16.5 in '85. (Tippett was a great player for those who didn't see him in action. He was also a karate instructor)

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/week-10-midpoint.pdf

From NFL.com at the midway point:

Brady has 2241 yds passing and is on target for > 4000 yds to join PManning, Brees, Favre & Marino with at least 6 4000 yd seasons.

Brady has 143 wins and needs 4 to tie Marino (147) for the 4th most wins among QBs.

Chandler Jones has 8.5 sacks and is on pace to join Andre Tippett as the only Patriots players to have > 15 sacks in a year. Tippett had 18.5 sacks in '84 and 16.5 in '85. (Tippett was a great player for those who didn't see him in action. He was also a karate instructor)

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/week-10-midpoint.pdf

Wow I did not know he was that close to Marino, Marino played 20 years. Jones with 8.5 sacks, he could even have more then that, I would love to hear how many pressures he has.

My sources tell me that Kenbrell Thompkins has some growing up to do. He's gotten a little ahead of himself. Needs to refocus.

His game winning TD against the Saints gave him too big of a head.

My sources tell me that Kenbrell Thompkins has some growing up to do. He's gotten a little ahead of himself. Needs to refocus.

I'm not saying you're wrong about the growing up part but he's always seemed so focused and well grounded. I did hear something from Troy Brown who thought he might have gotten a little cocky after that game winning TD vs the Saints.

Here's his timeline on twitter...the kid seems genuine to me.
  1. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 47m </small>
    Don't drink soda but if I had to choose, Pepsi RT <s>@</s>JamesTurnquist: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner <s>#</s>AskKT Pepsi or Coca Cola?
    https://twitter.com/KTdaWinner/status/397864478249066496
  2. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 49m </small>
    Go win it!! RT <s>@</s>steph_ann16: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner can you give a shoutout to my team (lady Vikings) our quarter finals game starts in an hour
  3. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 49m </small>
    Jordan RT <s>@</s>sugarTrOy: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner Lebron or Jordan <s>#</s>AskKT
  4. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 50m </small>
    That's my brotha! RT <s>@</s>PatriotsGirll: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner are you and <s>@</s>aarondobson17 actually best friends or is that just made up <s>#</s>AskKT
  5. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 51m </small>
    NikeTown ! RT <s>@</s>RostomRecords: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner What's your favorite place to go to in Boston?
  6. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 51m </small>
    RT <s>@</s>Nick_Duke_: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner wanna give a retweet to a huge pats fan? <s>#</s>AskKT
  7. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 51m </small>
    Mannn gone on! Lol RT <s>@</s>kayvonwebster: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner can you I have your autograph! <s>#</s>AskKT
  8. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 53m </small>
    Vanilla RT <s>@</s>LisaAnn_23: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner chocolate or vanilla <s>#</s>flavorsnotpeople <s>#</s>AskKT
  9. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 54m </small>
    Yup! RT <s>@</s>PatriotsGirll: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner do you have the ball you caught at the end of the Saints game displayed somewhere in your house? <s>#</s>AskKT
  10. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 54m </small>
    That's my boy! RT <s>@</s>wingsfan35: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner how tight are you and Chandler?
  11. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 55m </small>
    Crazy! RT <s>@</s>marc9695: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner whats it like walking out of the tunnel to 63 thousand people in Gillette? <s>#</s>AskKT
  12. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 55m </small>
    Nah but I did hear a few of his songs RT <s>@</s>SandraLNB: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner Do you listen to Chief Keef?
  13. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 56m </small>
    Heat! RT <s>@</s>LoveMe_DemPats: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner who's your favorite NBA team? <s>#</s>AskKT
  14. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 56m </small>
    MLK RT <s>@</s>Crerar94: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner If you could meet one person from history, who and why? <s>#</s>AskKT
  15. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 1h </small> Way of life bro! RT <s>@</s>DirtBundy: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner how do you remain so humble on a day to day basis? <s>#</s>AskKT
  16. Kenbrell Thompkins ‏<s>@</s>KTdaWinner <small class="time"> 1h </small> Amazing grab! He does it all the time! RT <s>@</s>mike_duane: <s>@</s>KTdaWinner What did you think of Aaron Dobsons 81 yard TD Sunday? <s>#</s>AskKT

I do wonder what going on with Thompkins. He went from one of Brady favorite WRs. To barely getting any targets. He was inactive last week.

KT was averaging somewhere around 60-65 snaps per game through week-7 at the Jets. His weekly targets/production:

wk-1: 14 tgts - 4/42, 20 longest
wk-2: 7 tgts - 2/47, 38 longest
wk-3: 7 tgts - 3/41, 20 longest, 2 TD
wk-4: 11 tgts - 6/127, 49 longest, 1 TD
wk-5: 5 tgts - 3/16, 6 longest
wk-6: 6 tgts - 3/45, 21 longest, 1 TD
wk-7: 5 tgts - 2/16, 11 longest

He dropped to 14 snaps versus Miami in wk-8 (1 tgt, 0 receptions) which coincided with Gronk's second game back and the restoration of frequent 3TE sets.

Dobson's tgt counts have been similarly up-and-down and he has only 3 more total tgts than KT in the same number of games active (8), and their yds/catch are nearly identical (14.6, 14.5). However, more of KT's tgts, I believe, have been in the same tgt zones as Edleman, Amendola and Collie. The LaQuan Williams signing notwithstanding (and I believe it won't turn out to be a factor at all), with Collie gone (unless he's re-signed before wk-11), I would guess that KT will be active and see a few more snaps/tgts again. Edelman's last two games have not been exactly stellar: 6 tgts, 3 receptions, 18 yards total over the past two games.

Another thought, though, is that Edelman is a superior run-blocker. KT makes a great effort, but his strength and technique are not on a par with Edelman's. If the run game is going to be emphasized more in wk-11 and beyond, Edelman, regardless of his recent receiving performance, may get the snaps over KT until KTs blocking improves.

If Troy Brown is right his ego has cost. Him to go from brady #2 option to now the #5 option in NE. The pats have a better offense with Dobson , Amendola , Gronk & a returning vereen. Getting the targets in the passing game.

If Troy Brown is right his ego has cost. Him to go from brady #2 option to now the #5 option in NE. The pats have a better offense with Dobson , Amendola , Gronk & a returning vereen. Getting the targets in the passing game.

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa
I don't think it was a benching. Looked like they decided to carry 3 TEs to help with blocking, given the crap ass play the Oline has been giving the team, and the fact that Brady had been sacked about 500 times in 3 games.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
1000% agree. The kid's too humble and focused to let 1 good play derail his mission. I'm far more concerned about our patchwork OL than I am KT and it seems Scar/BB are too.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2081038&postcount=29

1000% agree. The kid's too humble and focused to let 1 good play derail his mission. I'm far more concerned about our patchwork OL than I am KT and it seems Scar/BB are too.
It may be the scheme based decision but it also will humble many people on the team who are thinking "that could be my snaps next!" so it could serve two purpose.

I do wonder why Troy said it and who leaked it to him....making me think did Tuna sit Troy against Green Bay when Howard ran up his lane in the superbowl for a big head?

Little break down from Reiss: Seems our 3rd down defense is still struggling.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england...7/pats-top-10-in-points-scored-fewest-allowed

Points per game
This week: 9th (26.0)
Last week: 17th (22.3)
Last season: 1st (34.8)
Panthers in 2013: 11th (25.5)

Points allowed per game
This week: 8th (19.4)
Last week: Tied-5th (18.0)
Last season: Tied-9th (20.6)
Panthers in 2013: 2nd (13.3)

Third-down offense
This week: 27th (44 of 127, 34.6 percent)
Last week: 29th (37 of 115, 32.2 percent)
Last season: 1st (110 of 226, 48.7 percent)
Panthers in 2013: 3rd (47 of 100, 47.0 percent)

Third-down defense
This week: 21st (56 of 139, 40.3 percent)
Last week: 23rd (51 of 126, 40.5 percent)
Last season: 22nd (82 of 205, 40.0 percent)
Panthers in 2013: 10th (37 of 102, 36.3 percent)

Turnover differential
This week: 3rd (plus-9, 19 takeaways, 10 giveaways)
Last week: Tied-5th (plus-7, 16 takeaways, 9 giveaways)
Last season: 1st (plus-25, 41 takeaways, 16 giveaways)
Panthers in 2013: Tied-4th (plus-8, 19 takeaways, 11 giveaways)

Red-zone offense (based on TD percentage)
This week: 18th (19 of 36)
Last week: Tied-18th (14 of 28)
Last season: 1st (49 of 70)
Panthers in 2013: 5th (18 of 28)

Red-zone defense (based on TD percentage)
This week: 9th (14 of 29)
Last week: 5th (11 of 25)
Last season: 13th (24 of 46)
Panthers in 2013: 3rd (7 of 18)

Little break down from Reiss: Seems our 3rd down defense is still struggling.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england...7/pats-top-10-in-points-scored-fewest-allowed

Points per game
This week: 9th (26.0)
Last week: 17th (22.3)
Last season: 1st (34.8)
Panthers in 2013: 11th (25.5)

Points allowed per game
This week: 8th (19.4)
Last week: Tied-5th (18.0)
Last season: Tied-9th (20.6)
Panthers in 2013: 2nd (13.3)

Third-down offense
This week: 27th (44 of 127, 34.6 percent)
Last week: 29th (37 of 115, 32.2 percent)
Last season: 1st (110 of 226, 48.7 percent)
Panthers in 2013: 3rd (47 of 100, 47.0 percent)

Third-down defense
This week: 21st (56 of 139, 40.3 percent)
Last week: 23rd (51 of 126, 40.5 percent)
Last season: 22nd (82 of 205, 40.0 percent)
Panthers in 2013: 10th (37 of 102, 36.3 percent)

Turnover differential
This week: 3rd (plus-9, 19 takeaways, 10 giveaways)
Last week: Tied-5th (plus-7, 16 takeaways, 9 giveaways)
Last season: 1st (plus-25, 41 takeaways, 16 giveaways)
Panthers in 2013: Tied-4th (plus-8, 19 takeaways, 11 giveaways)

Red-zone offense (based on TD percentage)
This week: 18th (19 of 36)
Last week: Tied-18th (14 of 28)
Last season: 1st (49 of 70)
Panthers in 2013: 5th (18 of 28)

Red-zone defense (based on TD percentage)
This week: 9th (14 of 29)
Last week: 5th (11 of 25)
Last season: 13th (24 of 46)
Panthers in 2013: 3rd (7 of 18)

Why do we care were the Panthers ranked in 2013? :huh:

Were you being sarcastic and I did not pick it up> Sorry I am not in the right frame of mind right now.

:facepalm:

It's not a good idea to be posting when you're not in the right frame of mind, just some friendly advice (and he was being self-deprecating).

:facepalm:

It's not a good idea to be posting when you're not in the right frame of mind, just some friendly advice (and he was being self-deprecating).
according to the multiple case studies done on me, I am never in the right frame of mind

:coffee,thorazine,&clozaril: :Martini chaser:

Back