Looking at the Patriots - 2016

I'm hearing some talk about Scar coming back on a full or limited basis. That would be great for these young interior linemen. Brian Daboll is a possiblility as OL coach if Scar comes back in a limited role as a consultant/advisor/mentor to Daboll.

This was a discussion I had two days ago with my husband, wondering if he would consider at the least a more prominent consultant role. He had to have been sick, as was Matt Light, watching the absolute beating that Tom took and the massive failure that that line was.

This would be ideal. I hope he gives it some serious consideration, knowing that the QB's window is getting narrower.

Where are you hearing this talk from?

He can obviously answer for himself, but it's clear that he has contact with sources that you and I don't and I presume he gets a good bunch of anonymous source bits of info. I leave him be when he doesn't name a source and I take it as a likely reliable, unconfirmed bit of info. The kind where I'm not surprised if it turns out to be true.

Cheers,:toast: BostonTim

I'm hearing some talk about Scar coming back on a full or limited basis. That would be great for these young interior linemen. Brian Daboll is a possiblility as OL coach if Scar comes back in a limited role as a consultant/advisor/mentor to Daboll.

That would be great!

So I guess there's a possibility Megatron (from Detroit) could come to the Patriots. I would love to see that happen. The sooner the better. I don't know if 2016 is realistic or maybe 2017. If anyone could coax him out of potential retirement, it's BB and Kraft.

What the pats need is WR. That can make the tough catches on the outside. I'm not talking about a deep threat. Lefell did a great job of this last year. You saw it big time when Edelman got injuried.

So I guess there's a possibility Megatron (from Detroit) could come to the Patriots. I would love to see that happen. The sooner the better. I don't know if 2016 is realistic or maybe 2017. If anyone could coax him out of potential retirement, it's BB and Kraft.

He's gone ala Barry Sanders imo...unless the Lions release him.

But, anything could happen. Look at Carson Palmer.

he is still the under contract to the lions even if he retires, he can not go to the pats unless the lions release/trade his rights. otherwise players would "retire" every time they wanted out of a contract.

CJ has all the leverage here.

If he files retirement papers he owes the Lions something like $3 million in anamortized bonus.

If the Lions keep him without restructuring his cap hit is some ungodly figure.

If the Lions cut him he keeps the $3 Million and and retire or he would be free to negotiate with another team.

The "retirement" talk could be legit, but it could also be a way to keep the Lions from dealing his contract to someone willing to take the cap hit.

Wait until the first week of the new league year to see how this plays out.

The cap hit is over $24 mil.

He has already earned over $100 mil!

I just hope they find someone that can explain to Marcus Cannon, that if there's a pass rusher in front of you, it would be better to try and block him, rather than moving out of the way and giving him a clear path to Brady.

:shrug_n:

CJ has all the leverage here.

If he files retirement papers he owes the Lions something like $3 million in anamortized bonus.

If the Lions keep him without restructuring his cap hit is some ungodly figure.

If the Lions cut him he keeps the $3 Million and and retire or he would be free to negotiate with another team.

The "retirement" talk could be legit, but it could also be a way to keep the Lions from dealing his contract to someone willing to take the cap hit.

Wait until the first week of the new league year to see how this plays out.

I suppose it's possible the Pats have advised CJ's agent how to get him out of Detroit. But it's also possible that Elway did. :coffee:

I suppose it's possible the Pats have advised CJ's agent how to get him out of Detroit. But it's also possible that Elway did. :coffee:
Elway may have but the unknown at QB in Denver in 2016 seems to tell me Denver is out unless they make a huge trade/splash quick in free agency.

Who is out there?

next year you have Eli, Rivers but they are getting old

Not this shit again. Calvin Johnson is not coming to NE. We don't need a big name WR . We need a BIg WR that can make the tough catches on the outside.

Back