Looking at the Patriots - 2018

I have no idea if there is a way to embed it but has anyone else seen Edelman's stories on Instagram today? Holy crap!! That dude looks ready to go like now.

Maybe this will work.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is the videos <a href="https://t.co/DiwRofPJ8I">pic.twitter.com/DiwRofPJ8I</a></p>— Albaro (@martinez3507) <a href="https://twitter.com/martinez3507/status/968257764974845953?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 26, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There’s few things I have more faith in than JE doing what it takes to get back.

Lewis has put himself in the position to cash in with a lucrative deal in free agency that could potentially see him playing elsewhere. During a recent interview on The Adam Schefter Podcast, he made it clear that he wants to work things out to stay in New England is well aware that scenario may not play out in that fashion. (h/t Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk)
“I hope it can work out, but at the same time I’m not putting all my eggs in one basket,” Lewis said. “I know how the team likes to handle their business and as a running back you have to make the most of your opportunity. Me being the player I am, my main thing is you have to go out there next year and show people what type of player I can be. I still think I can improve from this past year, so my main thing is just making sure that I’m valued. That’s my biggest thing, make sure that I’m valued the way I value myself. That would be the biggest thing for me.” :coffee:

The Patriots have developed a strong reputation for not exactly paying players top dollar on deals. Lewis has a chance secure a deal on the open market that should pay him well above the two-year, $2.6 million contract that he has just competed with New England.
The 27-year-old is a unique talent that has shown that he can be both a factor in the running game and a receiver out of the backfield when he is healthy. He could step in as the clear-cut starter with another team that is in need of a workhorse running back where could expand on that ability in a greater capacity.
All of this may just simply come down to whether if he’s willing to take less than what he feels he’s worth to stay with the Patriots. If not, Lewis could easily be suiting up in another uniform in 2018.

https://clutchpoints.com/patriots-news-dion-lewis-wants-to-be-valued-in-nfl-free-agency/

Lewis has put himself in the position to cash in with a lucrative deal in free agency that could potentially see him playing elsewhere. During a recent interview on The Adam Schefter Podcast, he made it clear that he wants to work things out to stay in New England is well aware that scenario may not play out in that fashion. (h/t Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk)
“I hope it can work out, but at the same time I’m not putting all my eggs in one basket,” Lewis said. “I know how the team likes to handle their business and as a running back you have to make the most of your opportunity. Me being the player I am, my main thing is you have to go out there next year and show people what type of player I can be. I still think I can improve from this past year, so my main thing is just making sure that I’m valued. That’s my biggest thing, make sure that I’m valued the way I value myself. That would be the biggest thing for me.” :coffee:

The Patriots have developed a strong reputation for not exactly paying players top dollar on deals. Lewis has a chance secure a deal on the open market that should pay him well above the two-year, $2.6 million contract that he has just competed with New England.
The 27-year-old is a unique talent that has shown that he can be both a factor in the running game and a receiver out of the backfield when he is healthy. He could step in as the clear-cut starter with another team that is in need of a workhorse running back where could expand on that ability in a greater capacity.
All of this may just simply come down to whether if he’s willing to take less than what he feels he’s worth to stay with the Patriots. If not, Lewis could easily be suiting up in another uniform in 2018.

https://clutchpoints.com/patriots-news-dion-lewis-wants-to-be-valued-in-nfl-free-agency/

I wouldn't blame Lewis if some other team offers him a lot more than BB will pay for his services...he signed for cheap $ before.

He is a great player who has injury issues. Many do.

I wouldn't doubt if BB picks up someone new on the cheap.

I wouldn't blame Lewis if some other team offers him a lot more than BB will pay for his services...he signed for cheap $ before.

He is a great player who has injury issues. Many do.

I wouldn't doubt if BB picks up someone new on the cheap.

Lamar Miller will be available according to reports.

Also:
Report: <s>@</s>NYJets interested in signing <s>#</s>Patriots free-agent CB Malcolm Butler http://bit.ly/2HQkqa3

He's just the guy to replace Hightower. Just sayin' :coffee:

I'm having a hard time reading this post. Usually I thought the coffee thing indicated sarcasm. Or no? ROFL

I'm having a hard time reading this post. Usually I thought the coffee thing indicated sarcasm. Or no? ROFL

Not sarcasm this time...he'd be a no brainer so "easy peazy"

Caserio's annual news conference. Some interesting comments on White and the Pats roster in general:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...analytics-conference-james-white-a-role-model

"The way salary structure is put together, you have 'X' amount of players who are on elite-level contracts on your roster, you have minimum-salary players which are typically draft choices and younger players, and then you have a middle class -- whatever the range may be, that is another grouping of players. A lot of those [middle class] players have a significant role and make a significant contribution to your team. What we try to do, as best we can, is identify what the player's role [is] and the cost associated with that. If the player continues in that role, and the salary is commensurate with that role, it makes sense. If for some reason there starts to be a gap there, there has to be some sort of an adjustment. I think a perfect example of a role player for our team [is] James White,"

Sounds like the Rams are about to release Tavon Austin if they can't find a team that will trade for him. Might be a good reclamation project.

From Miguel

Can the Patriots afford to go after a top free agent? The chances are good.

Right now, I have the Patriots salary cap space number as $16.1 million. If they release Martellus Bennett, Mike Gillislee, Dwayne Allen and Shea McClellin while not picking their 2018 options on Alan Branch and Kenny Britt, they’ll increase their 2018 cap space number to $34.1 million while getting rid of six players who played a total of two snaps on offense, zero snaps on defense and nine snaps on special teams in the Super Bowl. That $34.1 million should be more than enough cap space for the rest of the 2018 season. Please note the Patriots can create even more cap space by extending any one of the following players:

1. Tom Brady
  2. Rob Gronkowski
  3. Stephen Gostkowski
  4. Brandin Cooks
  5. Chris Hogan

I think there's a reasonable chance that Dwayne Allen stays with a restructured contract. He's an excellent blocker, he's athletic & he runs good routes...if only he caught a higher % of his passes.

Tony Garcia had blood clots in his lungs. That's why he missed his entire rookie season. Lost 40 lbs during his recovery.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._missed_last_year_due_to_blood_clots_in_lungs

What a bizarre thing to happen to the kid. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do for us and I certainly hope that he has been able to get back to a healthy state and hopefully play a role for us moving forward, but he needed to add some muscle to get regular snaps-- not lose 40 pounds. So, it remains to be seen where he is at.

I always wondered what his issue was, but now I wonder what sort of condition could cause blood clots in the lungs.

Back