Looking at the Patriots - 2018

What a bizarre thing to happen to the kid. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do for us and I certainly hope that he has been able to get back to a healthy state and hopefully play a role for us moving forward, but he needed to add some muscle to get regular snaps-- not lose 40 pounds. So, it remains to be seen where he is at.

I always wondered what his issue was, but now I wonder what sort of condition could cause blood clots in the lungs.

Most common cause Deep Vein Thrombosis (Web MD) ie clot in the deep leg, caused by thicker blood (web Md), breaks up and lodges as group of smaller clots in lungs.

Cheers

Blood clots can form for a variety of reasons. Pulmonary embolisms are most often caused by deep vein thrombosis, a condition in which blood clots form in veins deep in the body. The blood clots that most often cause pulmonary embolisms begin in the legs or pelvis.

Blood clots in the deep veins of the body can have several different causes, including:

Injury or damage: Injuries like bone fractures or muscle tears can cause damage to blood vessels, leading to clots.
Inactivity: During long periods of inactivity, gravity causes blood to stagnate in the lowest areas of your body, which may lead to a blood clot. This could occur if you’re sitting for a lengthy trip or if you’re lying in bed recovering from an illness.
Medical conditions: Some health conditions cause blood to clot too easily, which can lead to pulmonary embolism. Treatments for medical conditions, such as surgery or chemotherapy for cancer, can also cause blood clots.
There are additional risk factors that increase your odds of having the type of blood clot that can cause pulmonary embolism.

Did I miss the years that he played for Bill???? :huh:

How the Hell would he know how Bill runs the team????

Man, punks with no discipline who are useless players by age 33 sure like to talk a lot of smack.

I just don't get how Lane Johnson and TJ Whosyourmama tell people in interviews what it's like to play for someone they NEVER played for.

They're just playing he said she said with the "Shes" being Ochocinco and Chris Long. Just my opinion of course.

Well, this is a awkward. :tmack:

New England Patriots‏Verified account @Patriots <small class="time"> 5h5 hours ago </small>
Happy birthday, <s>@</s>Mac_BZ!

DXSKwyEX4AIuifY.jpg

From Don Banks

Reading the tea leaves after talking to NFL club officials in Indianapolis, Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu’s career in Arizona looks to be nearing an end. Arizona is likely to release the former LSU star, in part because he’s due almost $19 million in guaranteed money if he’s still on the roster in mid-March, and partly because the Cardinals aren’t sure he’s a high-value fit in the defense that new head coach Steve Wilks is installing.Just connecting dots here, but Mathieu might be a decent target for the Patriots in free agency if his price tag isn’t exorbitant. New England is thought to be interested in upgrading at safety and Mathieu is still only 25, logging a league-high 99.4 percent of the Cardinals defensive snaps in 2017, with two interceptions and 74 tackles.
Mathieu was once an X factor-type player that Arizona loved for his versatility and ability to line up in multiple spots on defense. But the Cardinals aren’t sure he’s going to have a big enough role to warrant his big contract, and it doesn’t sound like both sides are open to a renegotiation.
“It’s what we are doing right now with the coaching staff, looking not only at Tyrann but every player, and see how they fit,” Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said this week. “How they fit what we are asking them to do schematically, and how they fit from a salary standpoint, all those things moving forward. And there are a lot of moving parts. What we are potentially doing in free agency, how it affects the cap, and I feel we have a pretty good grasp on that.”

* I saw where the NFL Network televised live the coin flip that occurred Friday morning between the 49ers and Raiders, to determine who would earn the No. 9 and No. 10 slots in the draft’s first round, since the teams tied in both record (6-10) and strength of schedule (.512).
Leave it to the NFL, which believes nothing worth doing can’t be over-done. A coin flip on live TV. Now that’s drama that should reverse the league’s decline in ratings. I haven’t seen it, but I’m hoping there were slow-motion, high-def replays, with a lengthy review before the call was upheld.
The 49ers won the toss

http://www.patriots.com/news/2018/03/03/nfl-scouting-combine-day-4-snap-judgments

From Don Banks

Reading the tea leaves after talking to NFL club officials in Indianapolis, Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu’s career in Arizona looks to be nearing an end. Arizona is likely to release the former LSU star, in part because he’s due almost $19 million in guaranteed money if he’s still on the roster in mid-March, and partly because the Cardinals aren’t sure he’s a high-value fit in the defense that new head coach Steve Wilks is installing.Just connecting dots here, but Mathieu might be a decent target for the Patriots in free agency if his price tag isn’t exorbitant. New England is thought to be interested in upgrading at safety and Mathieu is still only 25, logging a league-high 99.4 percent of the Cardinals defensive snaps in 2017, with two interceptions and 74 tackles.
Mathieu was once an X factor-type player that Arizona loved for his versatility and ability to line up in multiple spots on defense. But the Cardinals aren’t sure he’s going to have a big enough role to warrant his big contract, and it doesn’t sound like both sides are open to a renegotiation.
“It’s what we are doing right now with the coaching staff, looking not only at Tyrann but every player, and see how they fit,” Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said this week. “How they fit what we are asking them to do schematically, and how they fit from a salary standpoint, all those things moving forward. And there are a lot of moving parts. What we are potentially doing in free agency, how it affects the cap, and I feel we have a pretty good grasp on that.”
Is he the future replacement for McCourty who had a down season this year?

Switch DMC back to cb...and maybe.

McCourty couldn't play CB that well when he was 24. I'd rather not see him try to cover Julio Jones now, thank you, even with S help over the top.

McCourty couldn't play CB that well when he was 24. I'd rather not see him try to cover Julio Jones now, thank you, even with S help over the top.

I thought did decent in certain packages...others not so much.

Either way he did get ovah/paid.

Is he the future replacement for McCourty who had a down season this year?

Didn't BB jr praise strongly just before the SB? Saying he was an excellent player who was highly underrated? I do think the coaching staff values him a lot higher than the fans.

Back