Looking at the Patriots - 2018

Did you see this? I didn't but apparently the NFL accidentally aired this. :toast:

https://offthemonstersports.com/201...atriots-and-vikings-as-the-super-bowl-lineup/
DT86on3UQAAWKMw.jpg

I've seen it about 10 to 20 times...

Subliminal. Or else, they know the outcome already. :coffee:

I agree that most head coaches come by way of being a coordinator, and it's certainly the "safe" way to avoid later criticism when it turns out your new head coach doesn't have the skills to success in spite of being a former successful coordinator. I just don't think coordinator success is a good indicator of head coach success and I'm pretty sure that data doesn't support 99% of good coordinators making good head coaches.

IMO it's more about the intangibles of a coordinator of position coach and how they might translate to to being a head coach and less about demonstrable success at a former position.

It's the easy "common sense" way out, just like going with an athletic strong-armed QB in the draft rather than trying to figure out if the guy can read NFL defenses. Unfortunately, the number of UDFAs playing in the NFL and the number of first round busts show that the common sense method isn't all it's cracked up to be.

It’s just a general rationalization agreed.

But name me 1 positional coach to HC success.

Vs the number of coordinators.

It’s just a general rationalization agreed.

But name me 1 positional coach to HC success.

Vs the number of coordinators.

Andy Reid.

He was QB coach for the Packers before being hired as HC of the Eagles. He was never an offensive or defensive coordinator.

He has a career wining percentage above .600, and is 11th all-time in total wins.

If he coaches for six more years (until age 65), and maintains the same winning percentage, he'll in the vicinity of 240 regular season wins.

Right now, Belichick is at 250.

With one more playoff game, he'll move into sole possession of 4th place on the number of playoff games coached (right now he's tied with Chuck Noll, Joe Gibbs and Mike Holmgren at 24).

<br/><br/><br/><br/>

:clap:

You got one.

Well, name one single head coach who went from being a positional coach directly to head coach without being a success. I can certainly name dozens of former coordinators who were failures as head coaches. :D

What you see depends on where you stand

That said, I think most head coaches are mediocre regardless of their history.

Icing on this Patriots cake we've enjoyed non-stop, really since Drew Bledsoe was drafted.
Kraft's 24 years includes 19 playoffs, 13 AFCCGs, 8 SBs, and 5 rings and #NotDone :patriotlogo:. I appreciate every minute of it.

Still perhaps the best TB12 video ever made.

<iframe width="505" height="284" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/59BJJJdL-Z0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter <small class="time"> </small>
With Steve Wilks landing Cardinals’ HC job, Patriots will not lose LB coach Brian Flores to Arizona, making him a prime candidate to become New England’s next defensive coordinator.

Without the title, of course.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter <small class="time"> </small>
With Steve Wilks landing Cardinals’ HC job, Patriots will not lose LB coach Brian Flores to Arizona, making him a prime candidate to become New England’s next defensive coordinator.

Without the title, of course.
At first I was happy we'd be keeping him, then I realized we'd probably just be renting him for a year or two, that he'd get a HC job next year or the year after. I do figure he'll be DC next year, probably as you say without the title a la Patricia, but I hope a successor will be groomed right next to him.

At first I was happy we'd be keeping him, then I realized we'd probably just be renting him for a year or two, that he'd get a HC job next year or the year after. I do figure he'll be DC next year, probably as you say without the title a la Patricia, but I hope a successor will be groomed right next to him.

BB has a few sons... :coffee:

The New England Patriots are launching the Not Done Network, a 24-hour video stream from Minnesota that will carry Super Bowl LII coverage from the team’s send-off rally at Gillette Stadium until the night before kick-off against the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Patriots are building a studio in the Mall of America for the production, which will be hosted by Molly McGrath and Jay Crawford. Not Done Network will broadcast live with in-studio guests and call-in shows, as well as fan contests and the Patriots players media availabilities.
Starting on Monday at 9 a.m. for the rally in Foxborough, fans can tune in on Patriots.com, the Patriots app, the team’s YouTube channel, and on a live Twitter page. Not Done Network will wrap up next Saturday with Patriots All Access at 7:00 p.m.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RrRxiK3xW8Q" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome.

The New England Patriots are launching the Not Done Network, a 24-hour video stream from Minnesota that will carry Super Bowl LII coverage from the team’s send-off rally at Gillette Stadium until the night before kick-off against the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Patriots are building a studio in the Mall of America for the production, which will be hosted by Molly McGrath and Jay Crawford. Not Done Network will broadcast live with in-studio guests and call-in shows, as well as fan contests and the Patriots players media availabilities.
Starting on Monday at 9 a.m. for the rally in Foxborough, fans can tune in on Patriots.com, the Patriots app, the team’s YouTube channel, and on a live Twitter page. Not Done Network will wrap up next Saturday with Patriots All Access at 7:00 p.m.

This reminds me of all the trademarking that was done prior to the 2007 SB. :dith:

Back