Looking at the Patriots - 2019

Good god!

Go take a walk.

This bugs you that much?

It is what it is. It’s basically a trophy now. Worn rarely.

You telling someone else they're bothered too much by something is the ultimate in irony.

Look at the rings when other teams win. I get that they're still expensive and gaudy, but Kraft goes the tasteless extra mile. It's the equivalent of a giant pink Cadillac with Steer horns and rhinestones.

Despite their size, other teams players and coaches can still wear theirs. Kraft makes it impossible.

It's not ruining my day and I'm allowed to have an opinion on it. Thanks for your concern.

First world problems....arguing if the 6x rings are too gaudy or just right.

:toast:

Looks like he’s got the two Giants ones on each pinky to total 8. He still has room on 2 thumbs, so championship #11 will have to go on the dick... at which point he’ll tell Goodell, “Suck my Super Bowl ring, bitch.”

Thumb rings are for chicks.

Bill says one for the cock.

#plusHollidaywantsit

Either that or the images are from 2 years ago.

Cheers, :toast:

Right, which is why he only had 10 at the time. Actually now that I think about it, he also has the AFCCG ring from last year, so it's not #11, it's #12. Auspicious number of rings to have.

But yeah I know it was 2 years ago, I didn't say he swapped them that night or anything :toast:

We've all heard the Pats have the easiest in the NFL this year (AFCN & NFCE as opponents - http://www.footballperspective.com/...d-front-and-back-loaded-schedules/#more-42418).

The problem for the Pats is the toughest games are in the first half of the year when the Pats are still getting coached up to speed. Will our D's starting point this year be closer to where it finished last year or where it began last year? I don't have the answer since losing Trey Flowers is significant. I do have some thoughts about it, however.

The impact players the Pats added to the defense in the offseason include:
Ja'Whuan Bentley
Mike Pennell
Michael Bennett
Jamie Collins

Bentley spent the last year studying the system so he should be fine early.
Pennell plays DT which is a relatively easy position to learn plus he's a vet so he should catch on quickly.
Bennett is an older veteran so he should be fine from day 1.
Collins has been in the system before & had his problems. The coaches should know early how they think he'll perform this year. BB won't play him unless he's confident Collins will do his job.

Defensively, the Pats should be ready to roll from day 1, imo.

From an offensive perspective, losing Gronk hurts, of course, but Brady & McD have won plenty of big games without Gronk. Edelman isn't suspended & that helps. Edelman, Dorsett and White give Brady options until the big WRs BB & McD added get up to speed. Brady should have plenty of tools for the O to succeed even if it takes a few games to reach its full potential.

Overall, and IMHO, the Pats should be prepared to come out looking much better early in the season than in recent years.

Another ESPN gaffe. LII?! Idiots.

D8kZgJlWsAI_44-

Interesting comments from Mike Reiss on what he has seen so far at practice.

Most notable is that Reiss is saying after watching Collins, it's clear the Patriots have significant plans for him. He's right in the mix with the core LB corp. Reiss says he's changed his stance from Collins having to fight like mad for a roster spot to this new view.

Other piece from Reiss was on Edelman mentoring Harry and seeing the results of this on the field.

Also a lot of talk about BB at the ring ceremony. Staying at the mic for a long while, giving love to his players and coming up with names like Mr. February for Donta HT.

Interesting comments from Mike Reiss on what he has seen so far at practice.

Most notable is that Reiss is saying after watching Collins, it's clear the Patriots have significant plans for him. He's right in the mix with the core LB corp. Reiss says he's changed his stance from Collins having to fight like mad for a roster spot to this new view.

Other piece from Reiss was on Edelman mentoring Harry and seeing the results of this on the field.

Also a lot of talk about BB at the ring ceremony. Staying at the mic for a long while, giving love to his players and coming up with names like Mr. February for Donta HT.

His Sunday morning "Quick Hit Thoughts" is the only weekly article that I don't miss. A favorite to be sure.

The point about the ST role, punt protection unit, for Collins was also a tidbit of note.

The para 4 info about the OL was of interest as well.

First time I've seen this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mo6CzRX0by4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back