Looking at the Patriots - 2020

Oh, he can run very well...I have no beef with his running when a play isn't there and the opportunity presents itself. Now I have to find some wood and knock on it. :coffee:
Its almost like someone here said his running is fine, but his passing....At some point you have to pass in this league...

Leave it. All the comments in Reiss's story, he zeroes in on something that's not even there, all alleged excuse that nobody else reads from that piece.
"New England Patriots QB Cam Newton says 'no need to press the panic button' after loss to Denver Broncos. FOXBOROUGH, Mass. ... Newton noted that the lack of practice showed in the passing game but added that there are no excuses. Newton was 17-of-25 for 157 yards with two interceptions in the loss."

Newton noted lack of practice affected the passing game....but then said there are no excuses...Literally what I said. I mean almost word for word to be honest. Come on guys, this news is out there, its not hard to find.

"New England Patriots QB Cam Newton says 'no need to press the panic button' after loss to Denver Broncos. FOXBOROUGH, Mass. ... Newton noted that the lack of practice showed in the passing game but added that there are no excuses. Newton was 17-of-25 for 157 yards with two interceptions in the loss."

Newton noted lack of practice affected the passing game....but then said there are no excuses...Literally what I said. I mean almost word for word to be honest. Come on guys, this news is out there, its not hard to find.

So going by your logic, BB saying lack of practice affected the team's performance is an excuse to you?

Harry is a first round pick and should be judged as such.

Harry is a first round pick and should be judged as such.

Judge him however you want but answer this - is it his fault or BB's fault that he was picked in the 1st round?
Personally, I blame BB for where he was picked. Most had Harry as a late 2nd-4th round guy. That's how I think of him.
He'll never ever be a WR1 but he can become a good WR3 or a decent WR2. WRs 2 & 3 have value so he's worth keeping around.

Judge him however you want but answer this - is it his fault or BB's fault that he was picked in the 1st round?
Personally, I blame BB for where he was picked. Most had Harry as a late 2nd-4th round guy. That's how I think of him.
He'll never ever be a WR1 but he can become a good WR3 or a decent WR2. WRs 2 & 3 have value so he's worth keeping around.
I don’t recall that.

Not even close.

I watch the draft every year fervently. When the Pats were selecting he was being profiled extensively. It was not a surprise reach by any stretch.

So going by your logic, BB saying lack of practice affected the team's performance is an excuse to you?
By BB's standards, yes. I have never heard Bill use ANY excuses when the team has lost. Not when we had Brissett with a busted thumb going down to the Bills 16-0, not when we had most of the team sick from the flu last year when we went to Houston and got whipped. Not during any portion of Deflategate, Spygate or the umpteen games the refs have screwed us on over the years. It is a departure for him.

By BB's standards, yes. I have never heard Bill use ANY excuses when the team has lost. Not when we had Brissett with a busted thumb going down to the Bills 16-0, not when we had most of the team sick from the flu last year when we went to Houston and got whipped. Not during any portion of Deflategate, Spygate or the umpteen games the refs have screwed us on over the years. It is a departure for him.

I get that, but then again the team practiced all those times. Not being able to practice is huge, especially with how the Pats prepare. And especially for two weeks straight. I just think he's being honest and if Pats come out guns blazing against the Niners it will be even more obvious that it was the case.

I get that, but then again the team practiced all those times. Not being able to practice is huge, especially with how the Pats prepare. And especially for two weeks straight. I just think he's being honest and if Pats come out guns blazing against the Niners it will be even more obvious that it was the case.
They weren't all the field much but they had 2 weeks to prepare which normally means the Pats roll. I am not saying it is not a big deal. It is to me but Bill never ever used excuses before. It's not like the team could not talk or game plan for 2 weeks, they could and still looked they did not have much of a clue.

To your second point, if they don't come out blazing Sunday, it is only going to compound things which is why it is surprising that Bill would have used it as excuse. Now, they have no excuses should the O not look good on Sunday against a pretty good Niner defense.

Thats why excuses are not good, because now its expected and if it doesnt happen then it looks even worse. For 20 years BB and Brady never said anything, they never talked about injuries or anything. So I wish Cam just wouldnt have said anything. The niners are not a great team, so it should be a win, but I said that about Denver too.

This narrative has changed over time on this board. It went from, he does not get a chance because Brady hates young receivers to now, he should have been taken in the first round.

Narrative didn't change on my end. I think he's going to be a very good wr.

This narrative has changed over time on this board. It went from, he does not get a chance because Brady hates young receivers to now, he should have been taken in the first round.
Tough to judge him at all last year given he missed half the season on IR and our OLine was a mess when he came back. I am actually more inclined to think he may be decent as I don't want to base his progress on Cam who is not a great passer. Hopefully Harry can continue to progress and when we get our next legit QB he will shine. At least that is my hope.

This narrative has changed over time on this board. It went from, he does not get a chance because Brady hates young receivers to now, he should have been [not] taken in the first round.
Both can be true. And both are true.
TB12 already admitted he won't throw to rookies. BB will never admit any drafting mistake.

Last year I think there was reason for excitement considering he did produce as a rookie despite being on IR for half the season. This year with experience under his belt and time he just doesn't produce. So patience is running out.

Back