Looking at the Patriots - 2020

Boy, Bill seems a bit more open this year between that and his comments on the Edelman injury.
I agree. I was just about to post the same thing.

You know something maybe none of us thought about was that the Patriot Way was really about Brady. And I am not talking about the winning but the culture. Bill ran things a certain way because that is what worked with Brady as his QB. Bill understands his players better than most coaches so I think we may see more of a culture shift depending on who the next QB is. I don't think this is a bad thing. But it will be different for all of us to get used to. I am certainly more pleased to see Bill be more open.

I still maintain that BB was a good coach in Cleveland too. When you announce moving the team mid-season fans and players alike gave up.
BB is the GOAT. This is only a down year. I'll give him a pass. Obviously Brady is the GOAT as well...

BB needs to find the next amazing qb for the future. It's the most important position in football. BB also really does need to find an amazing player picker like Reese was.

Let's just accept the facts this is Lost year. Pats fans will just want to forget about. It's been all down hill since Newton postive covid case

Last edited:
Without Jules and Harry our WR group is Byrd Gunner and Myers lol. Offense ain't getting better any time soon :(

Without Jules and Harry our WR group is Byrd Gunner and Myers lol. Offense ain't getting better any time soon :(

Meyers should be more productive than Harry and Gunner could be better than what we've seen from JE11.
Also:
The Patriots had these players in for workouts on Thursday: WR Donte Moncrief, WR Darius Jennings and DT Ryan Glasgow.

Its lawrence or Fields time. Cam can kiss getting a good contact goodbye. NOW we just have too see what we get from Gilmore .

My heart is still beating fine so that's a plus. Unfortunately, it's too late for my hair. It turned grey during the early superbowl years then after 2007 SB I went bald. Today's game, though, brought me back to the early 90's. Just watching the game, cheering the good plays and shrugging at the bad ones :D

What stings is that in three losses, we had a chance in each of those games to win. Seattle, Denver and the Bills. We had the ball, on the drive to win those games. That of course is where Tom usually excelled. Those small margins are the difference between winning and losing. In previous years we got those wins, and they've just fallen from us now. The reality is we could be remarkable 5-2, you could even make a case of a lost chance against the Cheifs with the Niners loss the only blowout.

A calm analysis would point to the team not being a million miles away from being decent, but we haven't been able to claw our way over the finishing line when it's there.

You had players step up in past on Offense. To make the tough catches in key moments. That something that's been missing since the past 2 seasons. Especially with Edelman dealing with injuries.

What stings is that in three losses, we had a chance in each of those games to win. Seattle, Denver and the Bills. We had the ball, on the drive to win those games. That of course is where Tom usually excelled. Those small margins are the difference between winning and losing. In previous years we got those wins, and they've just fallen from us now. The reality is we could be remarkable 5-2, you could even make a case of a lost chance against the Cheifs with the Niners loss the only blowout.

A calm analysis would point to the team not being a million miles away from being decent, but we haven't been able to claw our way over the finishing line when it's there.
The Pats have had game-winning drive attempts end at the 1, 24, and 19-yard line this season. As Belichick said, three times they’ve been driving with a chance to win and are 0-3.
Looking at the schedule the hardest games are behind us; in front of us are enough winnable games to go 7-9 or 8-8 and compete for that new 7th playoff spot only to lose early. There's not much point to that.

So I understand those who want to tank with a chance to have a top 10 draft pick for one of the best QBs. I'm not there quite yet but I'm getting closer every week.

My problem with it is that I know we'd have to endure another 2 years (at least) of bad play before the new QB is ready to play well enough to have a winning record.
If I'm BB, I would draft the best QB available to me that I like either in '21 or '22. Then I either keep Cam or trade for or sign a reasonably good QB in FA if Cam doesn't come around. Then shore up WR (with talented guys), TE, DT and LB positions using the cap space we have in 2021 to good advantage. Cam may be that transition QB we need; he's close now but just not quite there. He has time to win but no time to lose.

I'm also not ready to say Stidham is a lost cause. Coming in to play on short notice with no reps the previous week doesn't set up anyone to succeed. I'd like to see how he performs when he knows he's the guy for a week before playing. Even then, 1 game isn't enough. Maybe he'll get his chance soon.

Also, I've seen too much of Bentley at LB already. Sit him please. Put 1 of Uche or Jennings at his spot. Heck, even Phillips or Duggar!

Back