Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Really candid and reflective comments from Kraft. I really wish Bill would try to in corporate this approach instead of coming off as defensive and combative.

They do admit BB last few drafts have been disappointments. Michel Rookie year was last time . They got any production from one of his first 2 rounds picks
After digesting all of Krafts comments from yesterday and from what he said to Peter King, my biggest take-aways are:

- Most obviously, Kraft is not happy in any way shape or form. I would even say livid. His comments have been very candid and he is not holding anything back on how this roster sunk to bottom third last year.
- Kraft noted the bad drafting which is a shot right over the bow of Bill and also why Caserio was let go.
- No weapons for Cam is yet another shot at the poor roster
- Stidham not getting a shot - this comment is the most surprising to me as he seems to be questioning why Bill did not play Stidham at all last year and this was a discussion that was happening everywhere the last month of the season when we were out of the playoffs. Seems Kraft was wondering too.
- Kraft made fun of the FA money spree saying "we used to laugh at teams that would do that." In other words, he is not happy about having to put up the type of capital because the roster management has been so poor for several years.

For people who think Bill has a ton of rope because "6 rings", I think we may need to reevaluate that. Kraft emphasized to King and to Lazar that winning is the bottom line in this business. Hopefully with the new FA additions and a new rookie QB, we get back on track this year.

Regarding Jimmy G, I think everything you're hearing right now from everybody is posturing.

Niner's - we are planning on keeping him because if they announce their moving on the price goes down.

Jimmy - I aint taking a pay cut because when it comes time to negotiate he wants to start from his current salary, not some lower number.

Pats - We don't want him - in an attempt to keep the price down.

Really candid and reflective comments from Kraft. I really wish Bill would try to in corporate this approach instead of coming off as defensive and combative.
He is 69 years old with 8 Super Bowl Rings.

He ain't changing and I don't want him to.

Last edited:
He is 69 years old with 8 Super Bowls Rings.

He ain't changing and I don't want him to.
Babooshka isn't stupid enough to kick the GOAT out...but, he is right that BB needs to find a legit QB and WR (at the very least) in this year's draft. I do hope (hopium) that BB and Nike and Wolf find the right players.

After digesting all of Krafts comments from yesterday and from what he said to Peter King, my biggest take-aways are:

• Most obviously, Kraft is not happy in any way shape or form. I would even say livid. His comments have been very candid and he is not holding anything back on how this roster sunk to bottom third last year.
  • Kraft noted the bad drafting which is a shot right over the bow of Bill and also why Caserio was let go.
  • No weapons for Cam is yet another shot at the poor roster
  • Stidham not getting a shot - this comment is the most surprising to me as he seems to be questioning why Bill did not play Stidham at all last year and this was a discussion that was happening everywhere the last month of the season when we were out of the playoffs. Seems Kraft was wondering too.
  • Kraft made fun of the FA money spree saying "we used to laugh at teams that would do that." In other words, he is not happy about having to put up the type of capital because the roster management has been so poor for several years.

For people who think Bill has a ton of rope because "6 rings", I think we may need to reevaluate that. Kraft emphasized to King and to Lazar that winning is the bottom line in this business. Hopefully with the new FA additions and a new rookie QB, we get back on track this year.

I think you're reading too much into it. Bad drafts happen. Kraft wasn't blaming BB. Anyway, from what I'm told Caserio was given greater responsibility for the draft recently and he screwed up. That part you got right. It's why BB allowed him to find other employment.
You must have missed the parts where Kraft said he was very happy BB is his coach.
Kraft also said if there were ever a year to spend in free agency, this was it. Not once did he say the Pats' spending spree bothered him. He understands the reasons.
On Stidham, Kraft pointed to COVID, no OTAs & no offseason as the reason both he & Cam didn't get a fair shot. No way Kraft was 2nd guessing BB on Stidham. The situation caused them not to get a fair shot.

I'm not reevaluating anything regarding BB. He's the GOAT and Kraft knows it. BB is no happier with last year than Kraft is. Kraft is a smart cookie. BB is as safe as he's ever been & he'll decide when to leave.

I wonder what the difference is? Is Bill taking a less of a hand-on approach and letting the scouts do more? I know he has not been personally at some of the events like the senior bowl.
BB needed to know if Caserio was the guy to take over the GM job when BB hangs em up. He found out real quick.
BB has his quirks but drafting N'keal Harry in the first round wasn't on BB - that was 100% on Caserio.

BB needed to know if Caserio was the guy to take over the GM job when BB hangs em up. He found out real quick.
BB has his quirks but drafting N'keal Harry in the first round wasn't on BB - that was 100% on Caserio.
So what do you think the difference is? Is it more relying on the scouts? Did they change the process altogether?

I think you're reading too much into it. Bad drafts happen. Kraft wasn't blaming BB. Anyway, from what I'm told Caserio was given greater responsibility for the draft recently and he screwed up. That part you got right. It's why BB allowed him to find other employment.
You must have missed the parts where Kraft said he was very happy BB is his coach.
Kraft also said if there were ever a year to spend in free agency, this was it. Not once did he say the Pats' spending spree bothered him. He understands the reasons.
On Stidham, Kraft pointed to COVID, no OTAs & no offseason as the reason both he & Cam didn't get a fair shot. No way Kraft was 2nd guessing BB on Stidham. The situation caused them not to get a fair shot.

I'm not reevaluating anything regarding BB. He's the GOAT and Kraft knows it. BB is no happier with last year than Kraft is. Kraft is a smart cookie. BB is as safe as he's ever been & he'll decide when to leave.
Kraft came off as sounding pretty irked all around. Some of that is directly at BB for sure, he's the GM. You say the spending spree did not bother him yet he said to King how the Pats used to make fun of teams that spent like that. It did bother him. The state of the roster bothers him as well as having no legit QB and the poor drafting. It is pretty hard to miss in all of his comments. We'll see how things shake out but this draft is monumental for Bill to get right especially at the QB and WR positions.

Kraft came off as sounding pretty irked all around. Some of that is directly at BB for sure, he's the GM. You say the spending spree did not bother him yet he said to King how the Pats used to make fun of teams that spent like that. It did bother him. The state of the roster bothers him as well as having no legit QB and the poor drafting. It is pretty hard to miss in all of his comments. We'll see how things shake out but this draft is monumental for Bill to get right especially at the QB and WR positions.
Did you actually listen to his voice? He was pragmatic and relaxed. He wasn't irked at all.
As for the state of roster, it also bothered BB which is why he went to FA - and also why Caserio is gone.
This is an important draft for sure but monumental for BB is over the top. No one draft is that important.

Back