Looking at the Patriots - 2021

BTW, Mazz, remember this thread you started?

Let's follow you idea and put all the Brady and Bucs talk in the Tom Brady/Tampa Bay thread.

Literally all you are doing is projecting your Brady worship and your anti—BB hate.
You of course can’t back up any of your lame theories, but just keep up the same lame false argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And it's getting tiresome. But as Bill would say, IIWII.

Cheers

BTW, Mazz, remember this thread you started?

Let's follow you idea and put all the Brady and Bucs talk in the Tom Brady/Tampa Bay thread.
Please. I realize any mention of the guy sets off some weird PTSD up here BUT we are talking about the draft and expectations for this season as related to the prediction that the Pats will win 9 games this year.

Like it or not, the Bucs success like year does relate to this topic because we are specifically talking about what the Pats will do in 2 weeks and the sense of urgency to win now. This isn't just about Brady but also about Kraft too and his comments over the last few weeks specifically related to the draft and the amount of capital he just spent in FA which is part of this rebuild. This could not be more germain to this topic and what Bill will do at the Qb position which is our biggest need if we are going to contend again.

If saying the Bucs success is putting a little extra heat on Bill and motivating him in a different way is THAT bothersome then we can just agree to disagree. It really is not all that important. Krafts expectations are.

Please. I realize any mention of the guy sets off some weird PTSD up here BUT we are talking about the draft and expectations for this season as related to the prediction that the Pats will win 9 games this year.

Like it or not, the Bucs success like year does relate to this topic because we are specifically talking about what the Pats will do in 2 weeks and the sense of urgency to win now. This isn't just about Brady but also about Kraft too and his comments over the last few weeks specifically related to the draft and the amount of capital he just spent in FA which is part of this rebuild. This could not be more germain to this topic and what Bill will do at the Qb position which is our biggest need if we are going to contend again.

If saying the Bucs success is putting a little extra heat on Bill and motivating him in a different way is THAT bothersome then we can just agree to disagree. It really is not all that important. Krafts expectations are.

How about the fact that you’re dead wrong and you are making up asinine, irresponsible conspiracy theories is what pisses people off here.

That is something you concocted in your head and somehow want to project onto everyone else. Nobody else mentions the Bucs or Brady unless it's just a passing comment. You're the only one that harps on it and has to make it a point to bring it up almost any topic not related to the Brady/Bucs saga. Then you bring up this weird scenario as if BB and Brady are in a soap opera and one has to play hero and other villain. And we know real well who you're rooting for.

They realized he no longer a patriot. Want to talk about other things . While others just keep bringing it up every chance they can. Have created a Rivally now between Brady & patriots.

Last edited:
How about the fact that you’re dead wrong and you are making up asinine, irresponsible conspiracy theories is what pisses people off here.

The idea that BB is driven by what Brady did last year makes about as much sense as the idea that BB was super extra motivated in 2020 because Vrable and the Titans beat the Pats in the playoffs the year before. No one is better at building a team for the future, and not to compete with the past. Every year some ex-Patriot does something good. Every year some player that Belichick had cut or traded away does very well, going all the way back to Chris Slade, cut in 2000. Darius Butler had a terrific career with the Colts. Aquib Talib. Ty Law. Lawyer Milloy. Adam Vinatieri. Etc., etc.

The whole idea of former players driving our goals, our draft, free-agent acquisition, whatever, is silly.

That is something you concocted in your head and somehow want to project onto everyone else. Nobody else mentions the Bucs or Brady unless it's just a passing comment. You're the only one that harps on it and has to make it a point to bring it up almost any topic not related to the Brady/Bucs saga. Then you bring up this weird scenario as if BB and Brady are in a soap opera and one has to play hero and other villain. And we know real well who you're rooting for.
How ironic. My original comment was just a passing comment in a much larger post and discussion about the draft, Kraft and our 2021 record but at least a half dozen posters chose to single out the passing comment to make it an issue and then blame me for it. Like I said, any mention of the guy causes PTSD up here.

How ironic. My original comment was just a passing comment in a much larger post about the draft, Kraft and our 2021 record but at least a half dozen posters chose to single out the passing comment to make it an issue and then blame me for it. Like I said, any mention of the guy causes PTSD up here.

It stops being a passing comment when you seem to mention it repeatedly ever since you supposedly heard Kraft's ulterior motives from that interview.

It stops being a passing comment when you seem to mention it repeatedly ever since you supposedly heard Kraft's ulterior motives from that interview.
That's a lie. I have not mentioned Brady/Bucs at all in relation to Kraft's interview until this recent thread because the draft is now almost here and we are all wondering how aggressive we will be to move up.

That's a lie. I have not mentioned Brady/Bucs at all in relation to Kraft's interview until this recent thread because the draft is now almost here and we are all wondering how aggressive we will be to move up.
Come on, Mazz. You been pushing that one comment (I've never had to come up with so much capital before) taken out of context, as proof that Kraft is upset about spending that much money since the day of the interview, when in fact, it is pretty clear he knew it was a gamble, acknowledged it might not work as it hadn't for others, but there were special situations for the Pats this year and that's why he spent more capital than ever before. All Kraft actually said was that he spent more than he ever had before (true). There is nothing in that statement of what he did that implies he is upset or that BB had better perform. He says it was a gamble and that he was "very cognizant of that."

Kraft explained why they spent so much money. He says it was a gamble and why he was onboard with it. Here is what Kraft said:

"It's like investing in the stock market," Kraft said. "You take advantage of corrections and inefficiencies in the market when you can, and that's what we did here. We'll see. Nothing is guaranteed, and I'm very cognizant of that. But we're not in the business to be in business. We're in this business to win."

"We had the second or third-most cap room at the start of free agency," Kraft told King. "This year, instead of having 10 or 12 teams competing for most of the top players, there were only two or three. And in my 27 years as owner, I've never had to come up with so much capital before."

"We'll see," Kraft said with some caution. "I do remember we always made fun of the teams that spent a lot in the offseason. So we know nothing is guaranteed, and I'm very cognizant of that."

Come on, Mazz. You been pushing that one comment (I've never had to come up with so much capital before) taken out of context, as proof that Kraft is upset about spending that much money since the day of the interview, when in fact, it is pretty clear he knew it was a gamble, acknowledged it might not work as it hadn't for others, but there were special situations for the Pats this year and that's why he spent more capital than ever before. All Kraft actually said was that he spent more than he ever had before (true). There is nothing in that statement of what he did that implies he is upset or that BB had better perform. He says it was a gamble and that he was "very cognizant of that."

Kraft explained why they spent so much money. He says it was a gamble and why he was onboard with it. Here is what Kraft said:

"It's like investing in the stock market," Kraft said. "You take advantage of corrections and inefficiencies in the market when you can, and that's what we did here. We'll see. Nothing is guaranteed, and I'm very cognizant of that. But we're not in the business to be in business. We're in this business to win."

"We had the second or third-most cap room at the start of free agency," Kraft told King. "This year, instead of having 10 or 12 teams competing for most of the top players, there were only two or three. And in my 27 years as owner, I've never had to come up with so much capital before."

"We'll see," Kraft said with some caution. "I do remember we always made fun of the teams that spent a lot in the offseason. So we know nothing is guaranteed, and I'm very cognizant of that."
The point I have continually made is that Kraft is the one that talked about the capital saying he had not spent that much money in 27 years. That is Kraft saying that, not me. I infer from that statement that Kraft has expectations that this will not be another middler season. That has been the point I have been making that Kraft has expectations that this season will be very different from last year.

This ties to the draft and trading up because I don't see how this is not another middling season with Cam as our Qb. The prediction of Vegas at 9 wins means we are 9-8, the very definition of mediocre. I don't think Kraft will be happy with that which is why I want us to fire all our bullets and go get the guy this year but it seems the Niners may have beaten us to the punch.

The point I have continually made is that Kraft is the one that talked about the capital saying he had not spent that much money in 27 years. That is Kraft saying that, not me. I infer from that statement that Kraft has expectations that this will not be another middler season. That has been the point I have been making that Kraft has expectations that this season will be very different from last year.

This ties to the draft and trading up because I don't see how this is not another middling season with Cam as our Qb. The prediction of Vegas at 9 wins means we are 9-8, the very definition of mediocre. I don't think Kraft will be happy with that which is why I want us to fire all our bullets and go get the guy this year but it seems the Niners may have beaten us to the punch.
You should stop using "our", "we" and "us" when you refer to the Patriots. They're not your team. Whoever Tom Brady plays for is your one team. You can deny it all you want, but it's true and you know it.

You should stop using "our", "we" and "us" when you refer to the Patriots. They're not your team. Whoever Tom Brady plays for is your one team. You can deny it all you want, but it's true and you know it.
1618687839876.png

OK, now you're making progress!😂
It's always good to have a laugh up here. Perhaps you did not notice but I have been a member a year longer than you on this board. Brady is and always will be my all time favorite player for what he did over 2 decades here. Gave me the best memories of my life but the Pats will always be my team. But I will continue to also root for Brady as long as he is playing. I am just glad he went to an NFC team that has zero rivalry with
the Pats. (y)

It's always good to have a laugh up here. Perhaps you did not notice but I have been a member a year longer than you on this board. Brady is and always will be my all time favorite player for what he did over 2 decades here. Gave me the best memories of my life but the Pats will always be my team. But I will continue to also root for Brady as long as he is playing. I am just glad he went to an NFC team that has zero rivalry with
the Pats. (y)
Enjoy Rooting for him in Tampa Bay. I thought their was a rivalry accounting to your post. "1 patriots place already knows the score" . Even if BB does trade up for Lance or Jones. Cam will still bridge starting QB this year. Kraft took advantage of them having a high cap this year.

Last edited:
Enjoy Rooting for him in Tampa Bay. I thought their was a rivalry accounting to your post. "1 patriots place already knows the score" . Even if BB does trade up for Lance or Jones. Cam will still bridge starting QB this year. Kraft took advantage of them having a high cap this year.
I am still holding the candle for Jimmy.

the Pats. (y)

ShockedCat_Jafax2013.jpg

Back