Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
It's so wonderful to read that you are excited for camp. I think that is a sensible way for anybody paying attention to approach the Pats in 2021, so let's
call it a step in the right direction.

Nothing I wrote was exaggerated in order to get anybody artificially cranked. That is exactly what I believe and I've been paying attention
for a long time. Preseason optimism has rarely been my thing.

I'm sure you're looking forward to plenty of gratifying vent sessions every time Cam takes a false step in a 7 on 7, but I'll just observe the process and
won't worry about a thing. It's just a matter of time before the position clicks no matter who wins the job.

My late Mother said it simply and best:

Better Days Are Coming.
I really believe Jones is going to beat out Cam. I think by week 2, Cam come downs with a mystery injury and Jones is getting all the first team reps. Mark my words. There is no way Bill let's it be known that Jones beat out Cam. There will be some injury or he will be quietly released. That is my hope anyways. But I agree, this is the time of year to enjoy the process. Not just the QB but all the positions. Everyone is on the bubble this year.

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
I really believe Jones is going to beat out Cam. I think by week 2, Cam come downs with a mystery injury and Jones is getting all the first team reps. Mark my words. There is no way Bill let's it be known that Jones beat out Cam. There will be some injury or he will be quietly released. That is my hope anyways. But I agree, this is the time of year to enjoy the process. Not just the QB but all the positions. Everyone is on the bubble this year.

This is actually a fairly reasonable post by your standards, other than the unnecessary skullduggery attached to
the Greatest Coach Who Ever Lived, but I ran across this pic and thought it was perfect for you, so, why wait?

be-careful-what-you-wish-for_o_862349.jpg

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
This is pretty darned good

E60V3frUYAYBG7v

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score
Am I the only one who hates this nickname?

Rule #1 about nicknames: You can't nickname yourself

I'm definitely not a fan of it. It sounds really corny.

That said, if it being mentioned a lot means that the Pats defense will play lights out then I'm all for it.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
I'm definitely not a fan of it. It sounds really corny.

That said, if it being mentioned a lot means that the Pats defense will play lights out then I'm all for it
I don't know if they came up with that nickname. It started after Darold. Said he was seeing ghosts during the patriots game

OP
spacecrime

spacecrime

Reaction score
He better beat out Jones for Starting QB. Since BB upgraded the TEs & WRs in FA. The excuses from last season are over .
Well, he should certainly play better this year than last, but whoever wins the starting job has nothing to do with who the TEs and WRs were last year. Cam could play lights out and still not win the starting job if Mac plays better.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
Well, he should certainly play better this year than last, but whoever wins the starting job has nothing to do with who the TEs and WRs were last year. Cam could play lights out and still not win the starting job if Mac plays better.
We have 4 intresting camp battles. QB , FB, WR & LB. If Jones wins the starting Job. Your make a few posters here very happy. I think it would be better . For his development to sit & Learn the system. Same thing Bears & 49ers are doing with their Rookie QBs.

Last edited:

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
Am I the only one who hates this nickname?

Rule #1 about nicknames: You can't nickname yourself

The Boogeymen is pretty lame. Almost cringeworthy.

Rule #2 about nicknames: You can't recycle them into a different year with different personnel.

Since those guys are all about data mining and infringing on the rights of their opponents by using surveillance and deception,
I could suggest The Patriot Act if they're good enough to earn themselves a dopey nickname.

Roberto71

Reaction score
The South African ruygby team who won the World Cup in 2019 had a good nickname for their huge Afrikaner and Black guys in the forwards, (the big players up front who do the scrums and lineouts etc,), they were nicknamed The Bomb Squad. Some of them were scary looking bastards.

TELEMMGLPICT000214304846_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqQAeOIgmXonXXtGmEJsRHotG4TqT0y1cEBuhFytFUVlI.jpeg

190826-springbok-rwc-squad.jpg

sg14

Reaction score

All rookies signed!
Looks like Barmore isn't vaccinated, but Perkins is.
Unvaccinated players must continue to get daily testing, wear masks and practice physical distancing. They won’t be allowed to eat meals with teammates, can’t participate in media or marketing activities while traveling, aren’t permitted to use the sauna or steam room, and may not leave the team hotel or interact with people outside the team while traveling. Vaccinated players will not have any of those restrictions.