Looking At The Patriots 2022

The players that were being groomed last year and earlier will be forced into action this upcoming year...no matter what. I guess we will see if they're good soon enough.
I've heard rumblings that the staff thought that Uche actually looked good, but KVN being there and eating up so much playing time slowed Uche's development. That is, they were in fluid playoff position and went with the trusted veteran. If they were out or solidly in a commanding lead, you can take more risks to get the young guys game experience. And that this was one of the reasons they made no effort to bring KVN (and HT) back.

I've heard rumblings that the staff thought that Uche actually looked good, but KVN being there and eating up so much playing time slowed Uche's development. That is, they were in fluid playoff position and went with the trusted veteran. If they were out or solidly in a commanding lead, you can take more risks to get the young guys game experience. And that this was one of the reasons they made no effort to bring KVN (and HT) back.
I hope that was the case, because it seemed clear to me that, in limited snaps, Uche has some explosive pass rushing chops and runs really well.

I'm not certain, but it seemed like he was getting rotational snaps and progressing and then had a key penalty or two and then we barely saw him for a while, even in situations
where the LB corps was depleted and we needed a pass rusher. It seems like that is a not uncommon thing around Foxboro and I sometimes question whether our brain trust has enough patience with young guys who have the talent to really help us, but they are more about discipline than ability sometimes. I personally could do with less of the Time Out chair.

I trust, but sometimes it's frustrating waiting until year 3 before you even know what a guy could be.

What do we want?

Instant gratification

When do we want it?

Now, of course.

This is make it or break year for 2020 draft. It would join 2019 as one of BB worse Draft. I also agree he used last year Cap space to fix some of the draft Mistakes.
Agreed, Bill's drafts have been pretty poor going back to 2015, but the 2020 could very well take the cake for awful.

Agreed, Bill's drafts have been pretty poor going back to 2015, but the 2020 could very well take the cake for awful.
1-2 starters and a contributor "takes the cake for awful"? And that's assuming that Uche and Jennings are complete non-factors.

Just to preempt Mazz......Bedard is being reported in Bleacher Report that Pats offensive players are perplexed by the coaching changes on offense. Here it is on YouTube. Hearsay of course.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONC

1-2 starters and a contributor "takes the cake for awful"? And that's assuming that Uche and Jennings are complete non-factors.

What 1-2 starters are you talking about? For as "great" as Dugger is claimed to be he's actually been fairly middle of the pact as far as Safeties go and has only started 15 games over two years since drafted. Bill also had three 3rd round picks in this draft, all of which that have produce exactly jack shit for the team thus far. Are you really that much of Billbobo that you're going to try and spin this draft as successful? You should change your name to Pom Pom Waiver.

Last edited:
From Jeff Howe of theAthletic

Foxboro focus​

Three quick notes out of New England …

• This shouldn’t be very surprising, but the Patriots sound ecstatic with quarterback Mac Jones’ offseason dedication. Jones has spent long hours at Gillette Stadium, often beating the coaching staff into the building to get a jump-start on film study for the day. He is also taking ownership of the offense, willing to vouch for plays and concepts that he likes and pump the brakes on the stuff that hasn’t worked.

• Wide receiver N’Keal Harry didn’t do himself any favors by skipping the beginning of the voluntary offseason workout program. The 2019 first-round pick has 57 career catches for 598 yards and four touchdowns, and the clock appears to be ticking on his time in New England. The feeling in Foxboro is it’s going to be difficult for him to improve upon those numbers by avoiding these team-building workouts.

The other issue is Harry has no apparent trade value, barring a player-for-player swap with someone on an expiring contract who also needs a change of scenery. The Patriots already have Kendrick Bourne, Jakobi Meyers, DeVante Parker, Nelson Agholor and Tyquan Thornton on the roster and tend to carry five receivers into Week 1. To make the team, Harry would likely need the best camp of his career and an injury ahead of him on the depth chart.

• New England veterans have been extremely encouraged with the team chemistry this offseason. The free-agent additions have meshed well in the locker room, and there’s been a different vibe over the past month.

The haterz are going to love this.
There's a lot more going on than either Bedard or Curran know about.
Do you mean that Bedard is correct and this is the tip of the iceberg or that the Pats have plans that he is unaware of and this is not a big deal?

There's a great core there of young, highly motivated players on that NE offense and Mac is the undoubted leader. And they all seem to be really tight. They hang out together and seem to get on very well. Mac, Damien, KB, Meyers, Smith, Agholor, Henry, Trent Brown.... and Parker looks like he's settling in very well.

I hope that was the case, because it seemed clear to me that, in limited snaps, Uche has some explosive pass rushing chops and runs really well.

I'm not certain, but it seemed like he was getting rotational snaps and progressing and then had a key penalty or two and then we barely saw him for a while, even in situations
where the LB corps was depleted and we needed a pass rusher. It seems like that is a not uncommon thing around Foxboro and I sometimes question whether our brain trust has enough patience with young guys who have the talent to really help us, but they are more about discipline than ability sometimes. I personally could do with less of the Time Out chair.

I trust, but sometimes it's frustrating waiting until year 3 before you even know what a guy could be.

What do we want?

Instant gratification

When do we want it?

Now, of course.

😅🥰

Screen-Shot-2022-05-10-at-8.36.45-PM.png

What 1-2 starters are you talking about? For as "great" as Dugger is claimed to be he's actually been fairly middle of the pact as far as Safeties go and has only started 15 games over two years since drafted. Bill also had three 3rd round picks in this draft, all of which that have produce exactly jack shit for the team thus far. Are you really that much of Billbobo that you're going to try and spin this draft as successful? You should change your name to Pom Pom Waiver.
Dugger & Onwenu are 1-2 starters. I've been very hard on Dugger.
He had 3 3rds and no firsts, and we've yet to see much of 2 of the 3rds because of injury and ensconced vets in front of them. Sounding more and more like one or both of those are a big part of the reason those vets aren't back.

No, you're wrong. Dugger hasn't been "great" and I haven't seen anyone claim he has been. But, your claim he's "been fairly middle of the pact" (sic) is pure, unadulterated bull shit. He has been very damn good and well more than middling. So, don't accuse anyone of being a Billbobo (the weakest pussy term ever) when you are clearly a Felgerbobo (a far less pussy term, but pussy, nonetheless.) Is it ever possible for you whine-bags to ever tell the fucking truth? Even once? And, "Pom Waiver" (sic, again)? Oh, and earlier in this thread (post #927) you mockingly suggested we compete in the area of spelling. Based upon your performance above, I'd suggest spelling might not be your suggested area of challenge ("pact" and "waiver"), LOL...

Last edited:
Yup...I agree 100%.

Back