Looking at the Patriots 2023

Y
There's almost always an opponent in his face before he makes a move. He could run harder at times but I can't blame Stevenson or Elliott for our lack of a running game.
For me it all goes right back to the incompetent OL performance.
Oh ya I was putting the blame on him specifically. More that the run game overall is in shambles after showing so much promise last season.

If Mac Jones were an average NFL QB, they could have won the division this year, had the defense stayed healthy. Instead, half the defense is on IR, and Mac Jones is the worst QB in the league.

You don't do yourself any favors when you make silly statements like this. Actually, silly isn't the right word is it? "Profoundly dumb" is probably the right phrase.

Now, keep in mind, I'm giving you credit for being serious. Maybe you're not and then it's just a silly thing to say again.

The benefit Patriots teams got from better coaching and player development was slashed with the CBA's reduction of practice time. In the same way, it made it harder for coaches to get their message across, and to produce buy-in from players who could see the results of the coaching, the messages, and the small things being preached as big things.

The NFL was always the one league where Xs and Os could take down Jerrys and Joes, but I don't think that's true when the training time is so drastically slashed from where it once was.

You're letting the offensive line off the hook?
Yup. It's not the best unit in the NFL, but it's not nearly as bad as Jones is making them look. Can't run because teams are stacking the box, and Jones can't complete a 5-yard pass. They're using literally the same strategy they use against Zach Wilson, and rightfully so.

You don't do yourself any favors when you make silly statements like this. Actually, silly isn't the right word is it? "Profoundly dumb" is probably the right phrase.

Now, keep in mind, I'm giving you credit for being serious. Maybe you're not and then it's just a silly thing to say again.
Keep trying. Matty P isn't here for you to kick around anymore. So we're pivoting to what now? "It's the offensive line"? We're going to ignore the clean pockets he does have, and still can't complete a pass. Ok, so then I guess we can pivot to 'Everything is Belichick's fault'?

Whatever you do, don't actually blame the problem. Because...I don't know why.

The benefit Patriots teams got from better coaching and player development was slashed with the CBA's reduction of practice time. In the same way, it made it harder for coaches to get their message across, and to produce buy-in from players who could see the results of the coaching, the messages, and the small things being preached as big things.

The NFL was always the one league where Xs and Os could take down Jerrys and Joes, but I don't think that's true when the training time is so drastically slashed from where it once was.
agree totally have also posted stuff like this.

Absolutely agree. Star talent is more important than ever in this era when diminished practice time minimizes the benefits of great coaching.

Keep trying. Matty P isn't here for you to kick around anymore. So we're pivoting to what now? "It's the offensive line"? We're going to ignore the clean pockets he does have, and still can't complete a pass. Ok, so then I guess we can pivot to 'Everything is Belichick's fault'?

Whatever you do, don't actually blame the problem. Because...I don't know why.
Meanwhile, you say this drivel. I TRIED to let you out of it, but you doubled down on "profoundly".

1696889992373.png

100%

Meanwhile, you say this drivel. I TRIED to let you out of it, but you doubled down on "profoundly".

View attachment 19311

He's 32 out of 34. And he's the only one out of the bottom three to be more likely to throw a pick 6 than a touchdown pass, statistically. Again, the numbers are the numbers, and the results are the results. You can try to spin your way out of them, but that doesn't change the reality.

here's a good interview with Jules. A good analysis. He's still mystified over the Jakobi Meyers trade. He thinks Bill needs help on offense with regards to scouting, drafting etc.

View: https://youtu.be/WdSbJ1JCXbc?si=I6I2u4Zh_daI-c4g

I had no problem letting Meyers go…as he was limited to what he can do. BUT, when you let him go, you should UPGRADE his position. Overpaying for Shit Schuster was NOT the right move…

I had no problem letting Meyers go…as he was limited to what he can do. BUT, when you let him go, you should UPGRADE his position. Overpaying for Shit Schuster was NOT the right move…
I just looked as his contract going through the team when I did the other thread. He's not an overpay, and they have a cheap out after next year.

If Mac Jones were an average NFL QB, they could have won the division this year, had the defense stayed healthy. Instead, half the defense is on IR, and Mac Jones is the worst QB in the league.
I think you are delusional if you actually believe that Mac is the biggest problem with this team. It's not, it's so clearly not that's it can't be debated, all you have to do is look at the drafts the last 4 years to acknowledge the talent Bill missed on, and I'm not talking about simply misses, I'm talking about Bill thinking he's smarter than everyone else. Cole Strange 3 rounds before anyone had him projected? Sure, Bill knows what he's doing. 🙄 Tyquan Thorton, trades up for a guy no one had before the 4th round, sure Bill knows what he's doing 👌. The fact is Bill has made so many monumentally awful decisions that have destroyed this team that to try and mount a defensive of them is nothing but a futile effort in fanboyism. In the end, Bill deserved the opportunity to rebuild his way, and the results are irrefutable. It would be simple to blame the QB, and it would be fairly easy to fix, it's also a lie, this team's problems start and end with Bill.

He's 32 out of 34. And he's the only one out of the bottom three to be more likely to throw a pick 6 than a touchdown pass, statistically. Again, the numbers are the numbers, and the results are the results. You can try to spin your way out of them, but that doesn't change the reality.
Just give him another week or two… #34 is well within reach! :coffee:

Back