Looking at the Patriots 2024

Jerry Montgomery is the 4th hire by Mayo outside the Patriots and the 3rd who worked with Elliott Wolf in Green Bay.

so wolf is basically hiring the coaches. this is what happens when you give a guy with 5 years total coaching experience the hc job.
It's common for guys to bring in coaches they have worked with. Bill did it all the time.

And Mayo hasn't built a circle of coaching friends within the NFL to know any, either. There's a long way to go and the path is full of boulders.
This could blow up Very easy. Hire a new coach and Bring in a bunch of old Dogs. This ship will sink fast if they dont like Mayos approach

which begs the quedtion why would you hire a hc who has no idea who he'd bring in as a staff?
I don't think Mayo has no idea, he is just new. I mean new HCs get hired all the time. That is why they have Wolf to help build out the staff. I am sure they are having conversations together and looking at people that can bring the vision they have for the offense and defense to the locker room and field.

I don't think Mayo has no idea, he is just new. I mean new HCs get hired all the time. That is why they have Wolf to help build out the staff. I am sure they are having conversations together and looking at people that can bring the vision they have for the offense and defense to the locker room and field.
if he had any idea at least a few of them would be his guys.why would they hire a hc with ZERO coaching contacts one year before he took over? so basically they hired a guy with 4 years as a position coach as his total coaching experience to be their hc. i can't ever recall that happening before.

if he had any idea at least a few of them would be his guys.why would they hire a hc with ZERO coaching contacts one year before he took over? so basically they hired a guy with 4 years as a position coach as his total coaching experience to be their hc. i can't ever recall that happening before.

Mayo has never worked for another team so the contacts he did know were all from within the Patriots.
Most HC candidates have worked for several teams and have identified and built up a long list of the better coaches they worked with & have them all on speed dial.

Gentlemen, masturbating is not as good as real sex with a real woman.

What do you all actually know through personal observance or speaking with Mayo or the Kraft's?? My guess is that not one of you knows anything more than you've read or seen on the television. Mayo has decided that he's not going speak to the media and may have instructed his staff not to do so either. That pretty much says that 99.9% of what we hear or read is nothing more than conjectures or opinions.

Mayo is a rookie HC. Was an All-Pro as a player. Has coached the linebackers and has pretty much been the DC.
Covington has been the DL coach and worked with Mayo for the past three years. He has tremendous respect amongst the defense.
Van Pelt has been a QB in the NFL for 9 years. He has been a QB Coach, OC and HC. He's going to be the glue that keeps this coaching staff self-destructionction.

Mayo has spent his entire career under Belichick. He saw the things that worked and the things that failed. He knows things that BB did that were acceptable to players and things that everyone hated. That knowledge will help him make decisions that will endear him to the players and the fans. REMEMBER THIS: He is not Jesus Christ nor is he Merlin the Magician. He cannot walk on water, raise the dead or feed thousands from three fishes and two loaves of bread. He cannot make spells that immediately make piles of shit into piles of gold.

Just stop believing every single word spoken or printed. Those guys are pissed off because they no longer have any sources that will give them info or rumors. They've become so frustrated that they've started going after each other. Amazing how a person repeats their own opinions so often that they actually believe that they are facts. Felger and Mike Lombardi almost came to blows when Lombardi openly said that Felger had never been inside Gillette and Felger couldn't dispute it.

Mike Borgonzi is the Chiefs Asst. GM.
He's been with the Chiefs since 2009 in their personnel dept. He was hired by Scott Pioli as their administrator of college scouting and graduated steadily to Co-Director of Player Personnel (the other Co-Director waas current GM Brett Veach) to Director of Football Operations. Since '21 he's been Assistant GM for the Chiefs doing all the dirty work for GM Brett Veach.

He's a native of Everett, MA.

He wants our GM job going by what he says below.

INTERVIEW THE MAN!

GFs7kQ2XAAEAJnH

See Chevs response ...

The plan was supposed to be a minimum of a two year plan that got cut down to one unexpectedly. BB was expected to reach his Shula goal then retire. The offense was expected to work into Mayo's tenure.

It fell apart and this is the result.

I love how 'personnel flexibility' is the new PC term for 'cheapskate'.

Hadn't looked at that way! :rofl:

We've had a great 20 yr run and the Krafts have made a ton of money. It's easy to become accustomed to huge surpluses of money every year.
I think the next 5-10 years under their leadership will show them out to be the penurious cheapskates they really are.

Hadn't looked at that way! :rofl:

We've had a great 20 yr run and the Krafts have made a ton of money. It's easy to become accustomed to huge surpluses of money every year.
I think the next 5-10 years under their leadership will show them out to be the penurious cheapskates they really are.
We'll find out.

There's actual football merit to trading out of 3 - but if they trade down a couple of times to the middle of the round, and your big FA signings are Trevor Simiean and Lavishka Shenault, then you'll have your answer.

Back