Luke Kuechly - scary injury based on his reaction

Should Kuechly retire

• Total voters
I thought he was just upset that he figured he tore his acl & was out for the year. I mean he was bawling. All I could think of was when Rodney was on that cart in 08 vs denver, he was so upset, he knew he was done. But when Kuechly was on the cart, neither leg was stabilized or anything,not sure if they do that with an ACL on a cart...since TB walked off with his and that is the only one I remember specifically anyway. Later when they showed what his face looked like close up, he looked like the lights were on and no one was home. It was frightening, really.

All I know is it was disturbing to watch

All I know is it was disturbing to watch

My thought too. Reminded me of the movie concussion which was one of the scariest movies I have every watched. I don't know what the NFL is going to do but it is clear that it can't remain the same.

Quote from Dr. Andrews:
“It’s a collision sport," Andrews said. "If we started a new sport today and we wrote up the rules and regulations and we called it football, they probably wouldn’t allow it. We’re all trying to do everything we can to make football safer, but that’s the way the sport is: There are always going to be injuries. We’re aware of that, and we’re all working to keep it that way. We want it to continue, believe me."
http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/16/james-andrews-football-injuries-collision-sport

funny you say that, some clown, whose name escapes me, called gronk a pussy for not getting p after his hit sunday night. Thing is Gronk played until the end with a possible lung injury.

I hope that same asswipe calls out Keuchly for bawling like a baby.

When I remember the cats name I will find the quote - I can picture his ugly mug.
Is it me? Because I said FB comments under where alot of people calling gronk a pussy but I said if they got hit like that they would be on their way to the hospital.

I thought he was just upset that he figured he tore his acl & was out for the year. I mean he was bawling. All I could think of was when Rodney was on that cart in 08 vs denver, he was so upset, he knew he was done. But when Kuechly was on the cart, neither leg was stabilized or anything,not sure if they do that with an ACL on a cart...since TB walked off with his and that is the only one I remember specifically anyway. Later when they showed what his face looked like close up, he looked like the lights were on and no one was home. It was frightening, really.

You can wipe out your acl and still walk...

I thought he tore his ACL. I thought it was bad but just seen a pic of him on twitter saying he was fine with a teammate. So glad he's OK. Guy is a beast so like alot have said he might've been not there

Yup.

I walked away.

Then hopped in a Jeep and drove stick 12 miles town roads home.

That heavy duty clutch was a mofo.
i was placed in an immobilized for my knee, walked out to my jeep, took it off and drove home. Only starting from a stop hurt as I could shift without clutch but that start sucked and it was not an acl. Dam that ride must have sucked.

i was placed in an immobilized for my knee, walked out to my jeep, took it off and drove home. Only starting from a stop hurt as I could shift without clutch but that start sucked and it was not an acl. Dam that ride must have sucked.

Big time.

I'd had cartilage problems previous and just thought it was that again only more debilitating.

MRI confirmed the worst.

He is in the concussion protocol. There has been no report of any knee injury.

I'd like to know what part of his brain was lit up to cause that terrified look from Kuechly. Anyone know how many times he's been concussed?
I know he had 1 in week 1 of 2015 and missed 4 games when he head butted TJ Yeldon. This play was just as scary as the one Thurs night.
Kuechly tried to get up and fell right back down again. He had just signed for 5y/$64M in the richest ILB contract ever.

http://nesn.com/2015/09/luke-kuechly-injured-in-panthers-jaguars-latest-news-fantasy-fallout/

His reaction may have been involuntary, due to a severe concussion. He looked unconscious after the first hit, IMO.

He never grabbed at his knee, which is a typical reaction.

unless you are on the radio, nope

Dam name is escaping me.

And we all said it, but that was a hit

Oh OK. Luke to me is BB player. Loves football and is a field general. Literally knows where the play is going and always near the ball.

Kinda interesting that there hasn't been any talk about his injury. That was a weird deal. Looked like knee. Acted like a knee. TV speculated knee. Now it sounds like brain shit. His reaction was not at all a concussion reaction, rather a reaction of a guy who knows his season is over. Was his reaction just simply a guy who was fully pumped up and his emotions got the best of him? Weird. Hope he's alright. He looked scared. I wish there some info out there. But there will be in time.

His reaction may have been involuntary, due to a severe concussion. He looked unconscious after the first hit, IMO.

http://deadspin.com/luke-kuechlys-tears-hit-hard-1789131338

In a worst-case scenario, those tears were the product not of contemplation but of a brain so scrambled it couldn’t control itself. Pseudobulbar affect is a condition that can follow concussions in a minority of patients. Also called emotional incontinence, it involves uncontrollable crying (or, perhaps even more horrifically, laughing) after a traumatic brain injury. The mechanisms aren’t perfectly understood, but they’re believed to result from a disruption of the neural networks that regulate emotion. Tears, in some instances, are every bit the visual indicator as the defensive response that something has gone horribly wrong in the brain.

http://deadspin.com/luke-kuechlys-tears-hit-hard-1789131338

In a worst-case scenario, those tears were the product not of contemplation but of a brain so scrambled it couldn’t control itself. Pseudobulbar affect is a condition that can follow concussions in a minority of patients. Also called emotional incontinence, it involves uncontrollable crying (or, perhaps even more horrifically, laughing) after a traumatic brain injury. The mechanisms aren’t perfectly understood, but they’re believed to result from a disruption of the neural networks that regulate emotion. Tears, in some instances, are every bit the visual indicator as the defensive response that something has gone horribly wrong in the brain.

Yup, you see it in Boxers who are KO'd.

The tears just happen and that is Sign the concussion is very serious. I suggest we do not see him again this year even if they turn it around and make a playoff run.

Kinda interesting that there hasn't been any talk about his injury. That was a weird deal. Looked like knee. Acted like a knee. TV speculated knee. Now it sounds like brain shit. His reaction was not at all a concussion reaction, rather a reaction of a guy who knows his season is over. Was his reaction just simply a guy who was fully pumped up and his emotions got the best of him? Weird. Hope he's alright. He looked scared. I wish there some info out there. But there will be in time.
Actually it is one of reaction of a concussion, see Beaglebay's post.

Back