Luke Kuechly - scary injury based on his reaction

Should Kuechly retire

• Total voters

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
But I wonder if it was from the #58 Thomas David hitting the back of his head more than the chest thumping from the RB Hightower. OF course Collinsworth focused on the leg being a company man

I also wonder if Based on his history, if he reaction was based on knowing this is a bad deal and that he may be smart to retire early like Chris Borland did from the 49ers.

https://streamable.com/8hpf

With history and the knowledge of the issues from Concussions, should he think about retiring?

The way his leg landed - straight and stiff - it looked like it could be an ACL to me.

The kid loves football and his terrified look could be that he'll miss the rest of this year. Normally concussed people are so dazed they aren't aware enough to show much emotion. My .02

He probably should retire but doctors have made a lot of progress in diagnosing and predicting CTE. He should get with some good doctors and see what they say.

It's also hard to tell if he is just really upset he got another concussion and knows it, or if he's not all there and shell shocked from the hit. If its the ladder, he should definitely retire.

The way his leg landed - straight and stiff - it looked like it could be an ACL to me.

The kid loves football and his terrified look could be that he'll miss the rest of this year. Normally concussed people are so dazed they aren't aware enough to show much emotion. My .02
His left leg did slide out prior to making contact with Hightower and seemed to be buckled under him after the fact but it didn't look real bad in the video clip I posted.

but all the reports are of a concussion not a knee injury.

Regardless I love watching him play football and hope it is a knee over a possible concussion - knees can be replaced, brains can't rejuvenate (yet)

That's what I thought as well.

I think he was distraught knowing he's out with an ACL

If he was crying over the prospect of a torn ACL and rehab, then he'll be back. If it's concussion-related? Much murkier situation. Guys love to play football, but if they've made their money, they have to weigh that against mush for brains. Even if they haven't made their money! I guess you have to decide: do I want to get that cash or end up totally adrift by the age of 40?

If he was crying over the prospect of a torn ACL and rehab, then he'll be back. If it's concussion-related? Much murkier situation. Guys love to play football, but if they've made their money, they have to weigh that against mush for brains. Even if they haven't made their money! I guess you have to decide: do I want to get that cash or end up totally adrift by the age of 40?

For most it's too late.

This shit is happening in Pop Warner, HS, and college.

Everyone has the target on the NFL, because that's where the cash and resulting settlement comes from. But the stage has been set much younger.

Take the Torodol, pussy
funny you say that, some clown, whose name escapes me, called gronk a pussy for not getting p after his hit sunday night. Thing is Gronk played until the end with a possible lung injury.

I hope that same asswipe calls out Keuchly for bawling like a baby.

When I remember the cats name I will find the quote - I can picture his ugly mug.

funny you say that, some clown, whose name escapes me, called gronk a pussy for not getting p after his hit sunday night. Thing is Gronk played until the end with a possible lung injury.

I hope that same asswipe calls out Keuchly for bawling like a baby.

When I remember the cats name I will find the quote - I can picture his ugly mug.

If someone hit me in the chest that hard I'd spend the next week in bed.

For most it's too late.

This shit is happening in Pop Warner, HS, and college.

Everyone has the target on the NFL, because that's where the cash and resulting settlement comes from. But the stage has been set much younger.

I mean, that's true, but the CTE research that I've read recently seems to indicate a correlation between time played and CTE severity. So although damage is likely already done, retiring in your late 20s instead of your mid-late 30s could certainly make a difference.

The scariest part of that was that neither his leg or the two hits he took to the helmet really looked all that bad to me. I'm guessing that the hit by Davis, who is a crushing hitter, was the one that really got him based on the way his eyes rolled just after.

I've seen hundreds of hits that looked worse impact-wise, but I've seldom seen anybody look that out of it afterward and it's not like Keuchley is anything but a total warrior.

It was kind of sickening. Like stuff you used to see back when the clothesline was legal.

The scariest part of that was that neither his leg or the two hits he took to the helmet really looked all that bad to me. I'm guessing that the hit by Davis, who is a crushing hitter, was the one that really got him based on the way his eyes rolled just after.

I've seen hundreds of hits that looked worse impact-wise, but I've seldom seen anybody look that out of it afterward and it's not like Keuchley is anything but a total warrior.

It was kind of sickening. Like stuff you used to see back when the clothesline was legal.
I think he took one to the chin and then received the second one to the back of the head so it was more of a Whiplash type of effect with the brain going forward, suddenly the head went back causing trauma followed by the head going forward again causing a third trauma to the brain.

Nothing look all that intense but it seems to have been a perfect storm of collisions.

Back