Mac Jones Injury Watch - Update 30 Sept - Mac is out v Packers

This team isn’t going anywhere even with Mack. What’s the upside to rushing him back?

The cowboys seem to be fine with their backup. Why the hell is hoyer on the roster?

Only reason I see to rush him back is if RKK wants to win games. Serious.

BB knows this team isn't a contender with or without Mac. He's planning for '23 & '24.
Speaking for myself, I'm looking forward to a top 10 draft pick next year and waiting til 2023 or 2024 to bust out.
Plus, BB's offensive coaching staff school/experiment should be over by then.
I may be more patient than most fans.

There will be no losing on purpose in Foxborough.

None.

Drop that line of thinking.
Then I would like to know the rationale behind having no plan at QB a couple of years ago, then picking up Cam on the cheap after no other team wanted him. Then stuck with him knowing he was cooked. Do you really think that was BB's idea of putting together a winning team?

Only reason I see to rush him back is if RKK wants to win games. Serious.

BB knows this team isn't a contender with or without Mac. He's planning for '23 & '24.
Speaking for myself, I'm looking forward to a top 10 draft pick next year and waiting til 2023 or 2024 to bust out.
Plus, BB's offensive coaching staff school/experiment should be over by then.
I may be more patient than most fans.
Totally with you on this. I am in no hurry here. We had 20 years of ridiculous success, a rebuild was always going to be a massive undertaking and will take a number of years. I, personally, am in no rush to get a 7th Championship. I want to see the team re-built the right way for the long term.

Then I would like to know the rationale behind having no plan at QB a couple of years ago, then picking up Cam on the cheap after no other team wanted him. Then stuck with him knowing he was cooked. Do you really think that was BB's idea of putting together a winning team?

That plan was Brady, but you know where he went. Then there was no cap because the team was built to maximize Brady's time here hence why Cam was basically the only option left. I feel like this has been covered ad nauseam.

I watched Mac's press conference from Monday and didn't feel good about it.

What is the point of having him tell the media that he's "day to day"?

He's the QB and suffered a serious (obviously) injury. Everybody knows that. If he was under orders to
say "day to day" then those orders were stupid. If he said it on his own then he went overboard. Just say that he needs some time
and isn't sure about anything specific. We're all adults here.

Day to day, my ass.

I generally enjoy the Foxboro Cone of Silence, but this time it was just ridiculous.

I am sorry. You are correct. Belichick was assembling a losing team. Kraft was pushing him to find the worst QB situation possible in order to drive down attendance and TV audience.

It is so clear to me now.

Every day they run a little formula on an old Apple IIc computer.

If Corkie < 80% than activate Axel.

The results so far have been true. So he is day to day. One day the results will be false.

+1 for the Axel reference. ;)

This team isn’t going anywhere even with Mack. What’s the upside to rushing him back?

The cowboys seem to be fine with their backup. Why the hell is hoyer on the roster?
Yes, yes and yes.

I watched Mac's press conference from Monday and didn't feel good about it.

What is the point of having him tell the media that he's "day to day"?

He's the QB and suffered a serious (obviously) injury. Everybody knows that. If he was under orders to
say "day to day" then those orders were stupid. If he said it on his own then he went overboard. Just say that he needs some time
and isn't sure about anything specific. We're all adults here.

Day to day, my ass.

I generally enjoy the Foxboro Cone of Silence, but this time it was just ridiculous.
Come on Hawg, you know what day to day means. In Mac`s case it means:
My ankle is totally fucked up I can't even recognize it as one of my body parts. The first medical option is complete removal of the ankle and replacing it with a new ankle. In which case I'll be out a couple of weeks.
I'm seeking a second opinion from a renowned surgeon that will do total reconstruction on both my ankles.. If this is successful, I'll be out 8 weeks. But when I return I'll make Lamar Jackson look like Drew Bledsoe.

Mac wanting a second opinion would seem to indicate he is not happy with the Patriots docs recommendation.

Mac's body is his instrument. His wanting a second opinion indicates that he's not an idiot. Brady, Edelman not only got 2nd opinions but had their own outside doctors do the surgery. No one worried about it then.
Sure. But it also means he does not trust the Pats docs opinion.

Belichick is really doubling down on his non-assessment, but there is actually some information there, IMO.

I mean, there's joy and frustration in hearing Belichick sing "Day By Day" like he's in a high school production of Godspell, but the fact that he made a point of saying he saw Mac, looked a lot better, but he wouldn't practice today was an interesting departure.

It's possible that it's just to make GB plan for Mac playing and not playing, of course, but that sounded more legitimately like actual "Day By Day" than like a pure blowoff of reporters' questions.

View: https://youtu.be/vhUBGrsUxEo

Back