Mac Jones Is Our QB1

I know, right? You can practically hear his eyes rolling as Bill starts spouting empty platitudes about Tom. That's all he has, the
miserable fraud.

“The greatest player, the greatest career, a great, great person," Belichick said. "It was such an opportunity and an honor for me to coach Tom. I guess it’s gotta end at some point. But it’s the greatest one ever. So, congratulations, Tom.”

"I was so lucky to learn from him and his vision,"
Belichick continued. "No other coach will get that experience. It was incredible."

and an emotional Brady, knowing that Bill was blowing smoke up both his and the football world's collective ass then decided to expose his former HC as the QB-hatin' curmudgeon
that he always was in response to a question as to what Bill did to bring out the best in him.

But....was your relationship with Bill strained at the end?
LOL. Look at you posting loving thoughts about Brady. :love-heart:

My point however, as usual, was missed. Bill's disdain of the QB position which IMO he got from Parcells is the diva QB. Brady was never that. He was a 6th round pick who went to work everyday leading the team. He also never asked to be paid his market worth. That is what kept him and Bill working together IMO so well and for so long. Today's athletes IMO simply are not built that way anymore. I believe this is zero change any Mil or Gen Z will ever do what Brady did in terms of taking below market value in their prime, nor should they by the way BUT that will be tough for Bill IMO. He had the perfect package in Brady.

My point however, as usual, was missed. Bill's disdain of the QB position which IMO he got from Parcells is the diva QB. Brady was never that. He was a 6th round pick who went to work everyday leading the team. He also never asked to be paid his market worth. That is what kept him and Bill working together IMO so well and for so long. Today's athletes IMO simply are not built that way anymore. I believe this is zero change any Mil or Gen Z will ever do what Brady did in terms of taking below market value in their prime, nor should they by the way BUT that will be tough for Bill IMO. He had the perfect package in Brady.
Mazz, let's be honest; that's not what you said. You didn't say it was 'Diva' QBs. You said QBs, period.

I'm starting to believe the user name Mazz is some type of acronym of the phrase "moving goal-posts" but I can't get it to make sense with the Zs.

Maybe you can shed some light on it.

Mazz, let's be honest; that's not what you said. You didn't say it was 'Diva' QBs. You said QBs, period.
let’s be honest though, QBs generally are divas especially highly successful ones. Brady was the biggest exception to that rule ever. Leaving all of that money on the table in his prime.

I think that Mac will have a big bounce back year now that he has a professional OC in Bill O'Brien.

Agreed. He is entering year 2* of his development. He managed to fight off the detrimental forces and end the year going in the right direction. 2 steps forward, 1.75 steps back. And keep in mind, the old saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is applicable here. When he does face the occasional really bad adversity he is now experienced in the art of handling it.

We shall see.

let’s be honest though, QBs generally are divas especially highly successful ones. Brady was the biggest exception to that rule ever. Leaving all of that money on the table in his prime.
screaming_cropped-scaled.jpg

and on it goes. :rofl:

Brady is gone and there's a forum for him. It's not here
Wut? Wait? Not here??? This isn't the 'Brady will always be our QB1' thread here on Brady>BB Planet? Motto:

Tom without Bill = 35-17 regular season (3 seasons), 2 divisional titles, 3 playoff appearances, 5-2 playoffs, 1 SB ring
Bill without Tom = 42-44 regular season (5+ seasons), 0 divisional titles, 1 playoff appearance, 0-1 playoffs, 0 rings

Would anyone be completely stunned if BB traded Mac on Day one of the Draft?

Bill got really pissed at Mac last year when he pretty much showed up the staff with is motions and words during games. Patricia and Judge were BB's free coaches and he (Bill) screwed the pooch. Bill said last spring and summer, "If it doesn't work, blame me." Has he ever come out and said, "I mess up. The offense sucked because I made the wrong decisions."?????? No. He's saying that there will be improvement with Bill O'Brien. Who he was forced by Johnathan Kraft to hire. Yep, Johnathan, who's doing all of the football things while dad is doing all of the public things and taking all of the heat.

Bill, historically holds a grudge forever. When any player has either called him out or pressured him for money, he been sent away. I have an ugly feeling in the pit of my gut that Mac will be a Las Vegas Raider on April 27th.

Bill got really pissed at Mac last year when he pretty much showed up the staff with is motions and words during games. Patricia and Judge were BB's free coaches and he (Bill) screwed the pooch. Bill said last spring and summer, "If it doesn't work, blame me." Has he ever come out and said, "I mess up. The offense sucked because I made the wrong decisions."?????? No. He's saying that there will be improvement with Bill O'Brien. Who he was forced by Johnathan Kraft to hire. Yep, Johnathan, who's doing all of the football things while dad is doing all of the public things and taking all of the heat.

Bill, historically holds a grudge forever. When any player has either called him out or pressured him for money, he been sent away. I have an ugly feeling in the pit of my gut that Mac will be a Las Vegas Raider on April 27th.
Are you the love child of Mazz and DK?

So much bs here.
How did he show up the staff? By pouting, bad reads, and bad passes? Look, the offense was bad last year. BY all concerned. No on showed anyone up.
1. He doesn't owe fans or media an explanation. If he thought it would help the team, he would. He is responsible only to RK, who didn't fire him, btw.
2. He said things would be better with Bill O'Brien? No, and you know he didn't.
3. He was forced to hire BoB by Jonathan? Again, got a link?
4. "Yep, Johnathan, who's doing all of the football things while dad is doing all of the public things and taking all of the heat." Hahaha. You simpleton. You're too funny.

When any player has either called him out or pressured him for money, he been sent away.""
Don't know how much you know about the NFL, but players (their agents, anyway) are always wanting more money. Why the hell wouldn't they? Not just the Pats, but every team. It's a business, not a personality contest. Players and teams negotiate. They either get their money or go elsewhere. It has nothing to do with grudges. Are you the love child of a menage á trois with DKF, Rivshark and Mazz?

Calling out a team (or any supervisor in any industry) will generally get you fired. The part you missed it is no firing takes place if the player is outstanding. Then any head coach of any team will keep any player who so that valuable to the team. It's all for what's best for the team, BB or Marty Morningweg. In BB's case, LT and TFB were unfire-able guys UNTIL they declined. Then they were allowed to leave. Go long and thanks for all the fish.

Other than that welcome to Offseason at the Planet :smilies-11117:

Been through this and it seems most of the trade talk and bad blood talk is nothing but clickbait.

Back