Mac Jones Is Our QB1

so muse, since you watched him in college, are there any things you see with him now that are different from what you first saw?
To be honest, no.

His approach hasn't changed in how he views films, how he interacts with his teammates and his new coach and when he is in the pocket. He has the benefit of being with a coach that is very similar to Saban.

There have been small moments where he has seemed unsure of himself but to me those were small bits of time as he reverts to how he was taught and is being taught.

He is confident, even in a loss, to know what he is capable of and trusts in the people around him to help him progress in a positive manner.

He is hard on himself and wants to continue to improve but realizes that it is a team effort.

IMHO

If I was going to pick one thing I really am impressed by it's the movement in the pocket.

Mac mostly feels the rush (this alone makes me less crazy than watching Cam) and slides with his eyes up so he can still deliver.

I saw more success pushing the ball into intermediate and deeper zones and 2 TDs in the red zone is improvement.

Feels pressure, moves in the pocket, delivers with accuracy even when under duress.

A lot to like.

So I saw Nick Wright's take on the game and on Mac, and was pretty much blown away. He named 7 or 8 other young AFC QBs that he said were not only better than Mac now, but that Mac only had an outside chance of becoming better than any one of them, maybe one of them.. 2 of them were Zach Wilson and Trevor Lawrence. I'm not going to look it up for a direct quote, but he said something like "congratulations, you found a quarterback with a decent chance of becoming average - the 8th best QB in his own conference."

I get that he gets his kicks/clicks by taking contrarian stances, but that's pretty stark. That said, there are a lot of really talented young QBs right now. I see a strong possibility that Jones is chronically in the state that Brady was in early in his career - continually underrated because of underwhelming accumulation statistics, but consistently delivering selfless wins by whatever means necessary.

In this we do. I agree we SHOULD have a thread all about it, but the other stuff gets put in...
Sad but true, buddy. Now I understand what you meant.

This is the second time today. We need to stop doing this. LOL

So I saw Nick Wright's take on the game and on Mac, and was pretty much blown away. He named 7 or 8 other young AFC QBs that he said were not only better than Mac now, but that Mac only had an outside chance of becoming better than any one of them, maybe one of them.. 2 of them were Zach Wilson and Trevor Lawrence. I'm not going to look it up for a direct quote, but he said something like "congratulations, you found a quarterback with a decent chance of becoming average - the 8th best QB in his own conference."

I get that he gets his kicks/clicks by taking contrarian stances, but that's pretty stark. That said, there are a lot of really talented young QBs right now. I see a strong possibility that Jones is chronically in the state that Brady was in early in his career - continually underrated because of underwhelming accumulation statistics, but consistently delivering selfless wins by whatever means necessary.
Never heard of the guy but since you posted this I googled him and Mac Jones and he has been shitting all over Mac Jones since the patriots drafted him.

Never heard of the guy but since you posted this I googled him and Mac Jones and he has been shitting all over Mac Jones since the patriots drafted him.
sh*tting on pats qb's is his shtick he is a long time brady hater.

1-877 crap 4 clicks
c-r-a-p crap 4 clicks
donate your crap today...

enjoy the ear worm

I think it's more of the play calling tbh. I mean, we move down the field get to the red zone with Jones' passing and then when we hit the red zone we go run for 1 yard, run for no gain run for 1 yard, FG.

I don't care about the 60 yard pass on a frozen rope. The speed to me, you lose accuracy. So if he wants to float a rainbow down the field as long as it's a catchable ball, I couldn't care less about the arm strength.
Especially when the TE popped wide open twice inside the 10.
That was some Charlie Weis shit last night, and I don't know if it was more Belichick or McDaniels, but that sequence cost them the game, just like not going for the 4th and 3 cost them a shot at the game. Weak Sauce. That's not Cam Newton back there.

Especially when the TE popped wide open twice inside the 10.
That was some Charlie Weis shit last night, and I don't know if it was more Belichick or McDaniels, but that sequence cost them the game, just like not going for the 4th and 3 cost them a shot at the game. Weak Sauce. That's not Cam Newton back there.
I don't disagree with BB's call, it was a 50/50 shot at that point. I would have liked to see them go for it on that 4th and 3 but I can see why they tried the FG. The kick was there, just an unlucky bounce off the up right. I do like the direction the team i sheading though. We just need to generate more points now.

Back