Mac Jones Is Our QB1

“I went up to him and said, what would (Michael Jordan) and Kobe (Bryant) do right now? They’d ice the game,” Patriots defensive tackle Davon Godchaux revealed postgame, per Khari Thomas of Boston.com. “They’d win it. I went up to him looked right in his eyes, grabbed his helmet and said, ‘I need you.'”

The talk of tanking is ridiculous. Bill never ever would tank. He has way too much respect for the game and for his players.

Bad news for those who want to tank for Williams or Maye, the Pattiots now are at the 6th position.
Personally, I think any team that take Williams at #1 will be taking a slightly more talented Baker Mayfield, but with an entitlement attitude.

Bad news for those who want to tank for Williams or Maye, the Pattiots now are at the 6th position.
Personally, I think any team that take Williams at #1 will be taking a slightly more talented Baker Mayfield, but with an entitlement attitude.

I read something where he's asking for "stock"/"ownership" in the team that drafts him. That's not a "red flag" at all as to who, what, you'd be getting. LOL!

I read something where he's asking for "stock"/"ownership" in the team that drafts him. That's not a "red flag" at all as to who, what, you'd be getting. LOL!

First of all, it's a dumb demand as it isn't allowed. Second of all, even if it were allowed, it would be incredibly offputting. That's a slippery slope the owners won't go down. I don't know, there's a couple dumb owners out there. Maybe Cleveland would do it.

First of all, it's a dumb demand as it isn't allowed. Second of all, even if it were allowed, it would be incredibly offputting. That's a slippery slope the owners won't go down. I don't know, there's a couple dumb owners out there. Maybe Cleveland would do it.
yup. they paid 260 guaranteed for the perv...now he malingers and they can't do anything about it.

Correct. When Aaron Rodgers was negotiating with the Jets he inquired about some partial ownership & the league informed him that it isn’t allowed for any active players.

Jerry legit cracking me up between work calls....

"Like I said, Bill O'Brien went almost exclusively with 1-RB, 2-TE sets. But he also incorporated more pre-snap motion than he has all year. And they came in all flavors and varieties. Across the formation to turn 2X2s into 3X1s. Short motions to stack alignments. Ghost motion, designed to look like a Jet sweep to freeze an edge defender. There's been some legit criticism recently that it was all getting to be a bit much, and putting too much on Jones' plate. But on a day like yesterday, when he can know with some degree of confidence he'll have enough time in the pocket to at least send a message from his brain to his throwing arm, then it's a thing of beauty to watch him operate. Directing the motion like a maestro. Getting his guys aligned the way he wants them, and so on."

it looked like jones turtled under pressure a few times, but maybe that was him (or coaches orders) not to try and force anything. live to play the next play.

read some LA Times writer who said Caleb Williams fattens up on lesser competition but comes up small against tougher opponents. haven't seen enough to comment on that, but Williams hasn't impressed in 2 straight games

That play notwithstanding, Jones took care of the football. He and the Patriots are now 2-0 when he doesn't commit a turnover.

"This season, we've seen him take on a lot. He's always put the blame on himself. He's always been the one to take ownership of -- things that weren't even his fault, he still took ownership of. And to see him every day from Week 1 until now, and at practice, still being the same person, still having that drive, still rallying guys around him," captain Deatrich Wise said. "It was when pretty much his preparation and the opportunity finally met. And he had a tremendous game."

Jones has clearly been through the wringer this year, and his teammates have noticed.

"I don't think a lot of the talk and stuff that happens with him is fair, honestly," Gesicki said. "I think he's done an unbelievable job of kind of blocking all of that out, and I think he's done an unbelievable job internally of leading us throughout all that adversity. And today, back against the wall, and when you hear all the talk about us having a chance to win the game and we can't close and all that kind of stuff. And today we had a chance, and he stood in there and delivered play after play after play. And ultimately we won the game off of -- several great plays -- but ultimately off of a great ball by him."

Jones, too, has certainly understood his situation, and he admitted that he's looking to make people believe in him when he's out on the field. Yet he hasn't lost belief in himself.

"I always believe in myself. I have a lot of confidence in myself and I'm not going to sit up here and say it every time, but I do believe in myself and I do that through work and all that stuff," Jones said. "And that's why football is the greatest team sport. It's the quarterback -- you know, you go as your quarterback goes. So for me, just continuing to be the same guy every day and just be Mac."

Despite riding the high of the win, Jones still stated the obvious.

"It's just a crumb," Jones said. "And just keep picking up those crumbs, and eventually you have a whole loaf of bread. So that's my goal. Just continue to work, continue to be Mac, like I said, and it's just one game, right? I always say that, regardless of the result. Gotta do it again, gotta fight every day and practice hard."

it looked like jones turtled under pressure a few times, but maybe that was him (or coaches orders) not to try and force anything. live to play the next play.

read some LA Times writer who said Caleb Williams fattens up on lesser competition but comes up small against tougher opponents. haven't seen enough to comment on that, but Williams hasn't impressed in 2 straight games
I don’t mind him turtling at all if he protects that ball. I think he’s learning, just take the sack or fire the ball into the stands if nothing is on. No problem, you’ll get another shot. B’OB might be building something slowly but surely with him.

I would kill for actual Baker Mayfield on this team right now - never mind a slightly more talented version.

Back