Mac Jones to the Jags

wow,thanks! i wonder what made him want to trade mac after year 1? must have been a combo of things.

Mac's performance the last half of the season when he began bailing out of a play too soon. Simplified, Josh couldn't get him to stick with the play.

Mac is back home now and he's the backup. That should give him some time to get his confidence back.

We've known Bill wanted to trade Mac after his 1st year and was prevented from doing it by Kraft for a while. This isn't news.
Mac's value was never going to be higher. Mac would have brought us a high 1st.
Bill was pissed and subsequently sunk himself over the next 2 years by showing Kraft who was right by continuing to start Mac.
Bill was proven right but there's no martyr's HOF and Bill got canned for his part in it. But make no mistake, Kraft is just as much
a meddler as Jerruh is. The difference is that Kraft won't spend the money Jerruh does.

Agree with this but you have to also add that Bill did not do the right thing by the offense and Mac for years 2-3. This played a HUGE part in the teams shitty performance and Bill getting pushed out. It seems Bill was done getting vetoed by Bobby without their being some cost.

It was his job, Mac's career (potentially) and the teams record.

Last edited:
Shaq Mason and Joe Thuney say hi.
Thuney was the only FA who left who was drafted by the Pats where I’d agree with you. Everyone on this board was saying Mason was toast when he left. He’s still in the league, but he was probably not worth what he was asking for when he left NE. From what I remember he had in fact had a down year or two.

If Mac can have a career like Hoyer it would be good for him.
Make a million per year for ten years,,,

Agree with this but you have to also add that Bill did not do the right thing by the offense and Macon years 2-3. This played aHUGE part in the teams shitty performance and Bill getting pushed out. It seems Bill was done getting vetoed by Bobby without their being some cost.

Absolutely. Bill was fed up. It was Bill's choice to make and he made it.
Mac helped out plenty with his sideline eye-rolling antics & refusal to hang in the pocket to make the play.
Bill (and Josh) knew he wasn't made of anything close to Brady, hence the desire to trade him.

Agree with this but you have to also add that Bill did not do the right thing by the offense and Mac for years 2-3. This played a HUGE part in the teams shitty performance and Bill getting pushed out. It seems Bill was done getting vetoed by Bobby without their being some cost.

Can you name me any other coach who has willing sabotaged his own team because he was mad at his owner? I mean WTH? He had a QB who was performing well in his rookie year and he totally torpedoes him. I mean ask for a trade or retire if you are that pissed. All he did was ruin our team for 2 years and find himself out of a job.

Can you name me any other coach who has willing sabotaged his own team because he was mad at his owner? I mean WTH? He had a QB who was performing well in his rookie year and he totally torpedoes him. I mean ask for a trade or retire if you are that pissed. All he did was ruin our team for 2 years and find himself out of a job.
Oh for god sake Mazz.......

Oh for god sake Mazz.......
You chide me here but Chevss position is ludicrous. Do you really think Bill would sabotage his own career and legacy over a dispute with Kraft? I mean come on. You guys really believe this?

You chide me here but Chevss position is ludicrous. Do you really think Bill would sabotage his own career and legacy over a dispute with Kraft? I mean come on. You guys really believe this?
Yay, I am back to disagreeing with you. Feel much better now.

We don't know, we can think but until a fly on that wall learns to talk and come here to type out what he/she heard anything is possible. Hell, just look at the Krafts now. Not many, if any, would have predicted the Kraft and what is being discovered now about them.

Would Bill do that? Interesting.

Yay, I am back to disagreeing with you. Feel much better now.

We don't know, we can think but until a fly on that wall learns to talk and come here to type out what he/she heard anything is possible. Hell, just look at the Krafts now. Not many, if any, would have predicted the Kraft and what is being discovered now about them.

Would Bill do that? Interesting.
Chevs is stating it thought like it is fact. I am fine with hypothesizing all sorts of scenarios. I mean we watched Bill work for 24 years and help to deliver 6 chips. The idea that he would torpedo his own team/legacy is IMO preposterous. We know he likes to have "his guys" around him so him hiring Patricia is not out of character for how Bill has worked in the past. What we don't know is why he wanted to change the offense given how well Mac played as a rookie.

Chevs is stating it thought like it is fact. I am fine with hypothesizing all sorts of scenarios. I mean we watched Bill work for 24 years and help to deliver 6 chips. The idea that he would torpedo his own team/legacy is IMO preposterous. We know he likes to have "his guys" around him so him hiring Patricia is not out of character for how Bill has worked in the past. What we don't know is why he wanted to change the offense given how well Mac played as a rookie.
You got me with the first line since I am telling you repeatedly to add IMH or state it is your thoughts so I get it. Though IMHO Chevs has inside information that we don't have and some media does not have so it makes me wonder.

Moving on.

II don't think Bill intended for the team to fail. He intended for Mac to fail. I think Bill decided to win with his defense and more importantly on his terms. His actions appear to back that up.

It just think it didn't work out the way Bill intended it to work. He bet on himself and this time he lost. With his record of success, at his age and with this owner (that he knew and we didn't) it seems like the most logical explanation of otherwise unexplainable decisions that he made.

Balsy AF.

9 Super Bowls and 6 SB wins in 21 years. It really isn't that hard to believe if you think about it from what Bill's perspective may have been.

I think the question nobody is asking is what REALLY happened between Bill and Mac that made him want Mac gone so badly after the first year. Not after year two, but after year one. Information is missing there, but I would bet something almost shocking occurred. Whatever it was he was done in Bill's eyes.

Some here noticed Mac’s rookie season dip towards the end…teams started figuring him out.
That's true with any rookie QB. He showed great potential that year and with proper coaching and decent weapons who knows where he could have ended up. Brady had a terrible start to his second season in 2002 losing 4 straight at one point. There is an ebb and flow to a QBs career especially the first 3 years and Bill short circuited him in year 2 ...

II don't think Bill intended for the team to fail. He intended for Mac to fail.
That's literally the same thing. This is a QB driven league.

Back