Marshall Faulk Says Pats Can't Beat Dolphins Record

cka203

GO COLTS!
Reaction score
He says they can only tie it, IF they win out (including the SB), cause both teams will be 1000 percent.

Mariucci says the beat it cause they will have played more games.

Deion seemed to ride the fence a bit (unless I misunderstood him), cause he said you have to respect who did it first, and that it was unheard of at that time.

Rich clearly thinks the Pats beat the record, if they go 19-0 and win the SB.

I know this is all just media fodder, but I find it interesting, how one could NOT put the Pats on top, IF they do go 19-0 and win the SB.

I mean, yeah, what that Dolphins team did was unprecedented, and no one has been able to do it since, but...

With the way things are in the NFL today, with a longer schedule and FA, ya gotta say the Pats clearly beat, not tie, the Fins record (IF they go undefeated and win the SB).

Hell, I'm a Colts fan, and I see that!

So what's up with Faulk?

cka203 on 12-13-2007 at 09:00 AM said:
So what's up with Faulk?

He's still upset that his mighty Rams team wasn't able to go undeafted and also lost in the SB to the team that is currently trying to go undeafted.

He's a hater, plain and simple.

I know fans of other teams that post here think we say this about everyone but Faulk is a Pats hater.

I'm sorry but his point is so ludicrous I'm amazed it was entertained by other so-called experts.

19>0 over 16>0

Is there really a point of question here?

Faulk hates the Pats, has had negative comments all season. He's finally HAD to come around and say that the Pats are a good team, but he chokes when he has to recognize HOW good they are.

1st as a memberless member of the colts then the Superbowl with the Rams, the man hates New England for some reason

and you know what Faulk can GFY

Go Faulk Yourself Marshall. (Okay, okay, so I'm weak when it comes to bad puns.)

The good news, how this will rank won't be left to these maroons, statisticians and such will dissect every aspect of the two seasons and make their pronouncements. Oddly enough, I'll enjoy the Patriots' season more. :D

While you can't fault the Dolphins for having a shorter schedule back then, I would be interested in comparing the final Opponents winning percentage.
We know the dolphins was one of (if not THE) lowest in NFL history.
While the Pats have had some teams with bad records (Phin's and Jets for ex) They would probably have to have do(ne) the following to go 19 - 0 (and for Karma purposes, I'm only putting this out as a what if! :p )

Beat the AFC south Champ Colts twice (I expect the Colts to be in the AFCCG). Colts will probably have no more the 2 or 3 losses
Beat the AFC West champ (Chargers)
Beat the AFC North champ (assuming Steelers don't choke it away) - might have to beat them again in playoffs

Beat the 1 loss (so far) NFC East champ Cowboys, and probably have to do it twice.
If not the Cowboys in the Superbowl for the NFC, then probably the 2 or 3 loss only NFC North Champ Packers.

That's some tough competition and no one could claim it was easy.
Remember when all the rage was the worst-to-first scenario where an easy "last place" schedule gave teams and advantage to get into the playoffs? None of that is in play here.

I don't really care what the media says, so I won't respond at all to Faulk's comments, but I'll just say this:

If the Pats do go 19-0 it'll be the most incredible thing I've heard of in just about any sport.

Keep in mind that they are already 13-0 after playing the following 2007 playoff teams (if the season ended today):

Steelers 9-4
Browns 8-5
Colts 11-2
Chargers 8-5
Cowboys 12-1

They've already beaten the other three AFC Division winners.

They've already beat the #1 seed in the NFC.

And they still have the playoff bound 9-4 Giants on the schedule.

Keep in mind that Bills (beat them twice) and Redskins are now back into the playoff hunt.

And while playing all of these current-season playoff teams the Patriots are on the verge of setting the record for points scored and TDs thrown (among other attainable records)..

It's just amazing.

Even if they don't win out in the regular season this is still the most unbelievable season that I've ever witnessed as a fan of sports.

I'm glad to be a fan of this team.

PatsFanLisa on 12-13-2007 at 09:07 AM said:
Faulk hates the Pats, has had negative comments all season. He's finally HAD to come around and say that the Pats are a good team, but he chokes when he has to recognize HOW good they are.

Hey PFL - GREAT NEW AV! :thumb:

19-0 > 16-0.

NFL is much tougher and more athletic now.

NFL is much tougher with Free Agency.

The Dolphins played creampuffs all season long.

Marshall Faulk can suck my caulk.

cause both teams will be 1000 percent.

I saw that. I think he needs a bit of education as to what "percent" means.;)

Mariucci responded with something like "If I bat 2-for-2, and you bat 4-for-4, who's had the better performance?" And Deion Sanders says they're the same. :rolleyes:

Yes, the dolphins did it first but there was no media fanfare at the time either. As the Colts fans know, every game has people chomping at the bit to get you beat. Even the Dolphins didn't think it was a big deal at the time until the record started standing for a while.

What I find so funny (and this isn't the Colts fault) is that when the Colts were 13 - 0, everyone in the media was cheering them on. When we make a run, the talk is about "blueprints", Shula giggling in the both, people coming out of the woodwork to diminish the acomplishment, etc.

The guy did say NE would beat Jests by 30 points. He said it grudgingly, but he did say it.

oldbagfan on 12-13-2007 at 09:53 AM said:
The guy did say NE would beat Jests by 30 points. He said it grudgingly, but he did say it.

And Deion said the Pats could play the Jets at 1:00 and the Fins at 4:00 (on the same day) and win both easily.

ROFL

And I agree with him!

Wait until the playoffs if we are undefeated...

They're going to create a braintrust of all coaches former and current to come up with a blueprint. :LOL:

Re: Re: Marshall Faulk Says Pats Can't Beat Dolphins Record

cadmonkey on 12-13-2007 at 02:03 PM said:
He's still upset that his mighty Rams team wasn't able to go undeafted and also lost in the SB to the team that is currently trying to go undeafted.

He's a hater, plain and simple.

Agreed,faulk is a Douche,plain and simple...i remember one of the rams players before the game saying "Tonight a Dynasty is Born"

Well,he was right,a dynasty was indeed born that night:D

sonsofkraftybob on 12-13-2007 at 10:27 AM said:
I guess they will have to go 38-0 and tell everyone to STFU

Or 21-0...oh wait, THEY ALREADY DID.

Back