Mayo HC

don't like the optics on this wrt to looking like convenient leaks to a media person close to mayo,etc. i think that of this is what happened,i'm really skeptical on mayo being the right move. i don't want a regime of media leaks.
if that is not true,i have nothing against mayo...someday. but i'm not keen on promoting a coach with so little coaching experience to hc. especially when the gm hire is coming afterwards. and now i think the gm hire coming afterwards is a sign it IS mayo and the gm is an internal hire. because most gms i would think want their own hc as far as knowing they can work together.
I think at this point it would be dumb not to listen to Curran:

HC - Mayo
GM - Wolf

From my pov the identity of the Patriots has left the building. Brady left 3 years ago and now Bill has been forced out, albeit with a nice enough financial package to make
it a mutual parting. For those who wanted a change, I understand but I also worry that the foundation that built Patriots football has been shaken beyond repair. Sweeping Belichick
out the door was a bold decision by Kraft. I fear we will learn quickly that Belichick’s impact will be laid bare for all to see. Maybe then we will all fully appreciate Bill's contributions.

Nevertheless, I have hopes that with a huge cap available and with all the draft capital, that the new GM and HC have early success rebuilding our lost identity.

Mayo is our new HC. Just announced.

Curran batting .667 so far. Will he get to .1000 when Wolf is named GM?

Yeah sorry I'm just not buying this.

I like Mayo, I'm not sure he's the best choice. I'd prefer the kraft's interview a few outside candidates at the very least. I'm worried about Robert's age and ability to make decisions, he's old as fuck and slurs like the town drunk. I hope Jonathan has input on the changes coming up. I have other questions too... Who the hell is the GM? Are Bill's sons sticking around? BOB? Who else leaves?

I'm not going to be mad if it's Mayo, just there's a lot of other organizational questions and I think it's weird if they just plug him in there right away. I think I prefer Vrabel right now, at least over Mayo, but i'd prefer some due diligence here.
Welp. :coffee:

So we have a coach and no GM, and I don't imagine the Belichicks will stay on staff, especially when they will have better jobs at their next destination. Free Agency starts in less than two months, and the legal tampering before that. Not to mention the free agents on the team currently that need to be re-signed, if they even want to come back. Kendrick Bourne already announced that he'd follow Bill wherever he went, so I'm guessing he won't be retained.

Curran batting .667 so far. Will he get to .1000 when Wolf is named GM?
Sure will. At this point there's no reason to believe that everything he's said isn't 100% accurate. Now, I don't know if Wolf is still under contract or not of if there will be a title change, but there's certainly no reason for him to leave, unless you have an issue with the draft picks and FA brought in.

He’s a virtual unknown. Seems kinda foolish to hand the keys to the corvette to an inexperienced LB coach.
I’d of preferred Vrabel.

From my pov the identity of the Patriots has left the building. Brady left 3 years ago and now Bill has been forced out, albeit with a nice enough financial package to make
it a mutual parting. For those who wanted a change, I understand but I also worry that the foundation that built Patriots football has been shaken beyond repair. Sweeping Belichick
out the door was a bold decision by Kraft. I fear we will learn quickly that Belichick’s impact will be laid bare for all to see. Maybe then we will all fully appreciate Bill's contributions.

Nevertheless, I have hopes that with a huge cap available and with all the draft capital, that the new GM and HC have early success rebuilding our lost identity.

People will be in for a rude awakening when free agency rolls around and Pats need to overpay to get players to sign.

Absolutely. It was Kraft's full blown conspiracy undermining Belichick's last year. I don't know how else to look at it. Disappointing to find out from Curran.
and kraft,"mr. measure 9 times cut once" acting douchey and tossing bb under the bus in his solo presser sure looks suspicious.

I'm starting to think firing BB was a purely ego-driven move.
I don't know about that. There were legitimate reasons to fire Bill Belichick. This offseason will answer your question, however. When Case Keenum (or equivalent) is in here as the QB FA signing, and they draft a non-QB at 3, then maybe.

Back