Mayo to I.R.

What's wrong with Freeny? He's looked good the past few games. Better than Mayo. Plus Nink and Sheard both play LB better than Mayo. He's not the same guy as the one we drafted in 2008. Good guy, but done. One of BB's few mistakes of not cutting a year early rather than keeping a guy a year too late.

could not cut him this year cap hit was too much. this offseason is a very different story though

that hurts our LB depth...this sucks...

Does it? Dakota Fanning has been getting more snaps than Mayo was.

You had a nice first few years here, Jerod. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

agree 100%, even though mayo wasnt the mayo of old he was stil better then anything else that could fill in off the bench. i really thought he was still very good in the run game

I...don't agree with this in any way, shape or form. The only reason Mayo got any run at all this year, was because Hightower, Collins and Freeny were hurt, and Jon Bostic is apparently a dope.

I would not be surprised if he is still here next year at a reduced salary.

In his heyday he was a 3-4 yd beyond the LOS tackling machine.

That's not Top 10 overall draft pick value.

Great guy by all accounts.

Would love him as my neighbor.

Don't want him patrolling the second level of my D.

He was only getting limited snaps a game. Freeney has stepped up in his place His career is over in NE

In his heyday he was a 3-4 yd beyond the LOS tackling machine.

That's not Top 10 overall draft pick value.

Great guy by all accounts.

Would love him as my neighbor.

Don't want him patrolling the second level of my D.

I don't want him patrolling any level of my D ifyouknowwhatimeanandithinkthatyoudo. :coffee:

Did they add anyone in Mayo's place yet?

I relish the thought of Mayo's replacement, if they can ketchup on the playbook quickly. :coffee:

After he was put on IR, Mayo called former Secretary of State Rice to get her advice on what to do whilst recuperating.

I overheard the conversation; she told him to go to a flower garden and pick a lily.

At least, that's what I thought Condi meant.

After he was put on IR, Mayo called former Secretary of State Rice to get her advice on what to do whilst recuperating.

I overheard the conversation; she told him to go to a flower garden and pick a lily.

At least, that's what I thought Condi meant.

I'm just gonna throw up my hands...

Like a cannibal with the stomach flu. :coffee:

Back