Merged - Patriots Coaching Staff Changes

No issues with this move. Glad to see the Pats doing some necessary house cleaning. It is also a bonus this off-season that we did not lose our coordinators or any other coaches.

Belichick was on WEEI this afternoon and was asked about coaching staff changes. He said that there were some contracts that were expiring and they were deciding on those coaches. At the time, we only knew about Googs and BB confirmed that he was "not signed to a new contract".

well if they are cleaning the coaching house they should examine special teams, worst special team of BB time in NE, just putrid. also slater was not the slater we all know, time for some competition in camp next year?

well if they are cleaning the coaching house they should examine special teams, worst special team of BB time in NE, just putrid. also slater was not the slater we all know, time for some competition in camp next year?

Played thru injury all year.

I've been waiting for this since Sunday. Many people have predicted this would happen.

I don't have any idea who the new guy will be, but I have heard that several Pats have adopted some of Brady's regime after seeing how much it helped him

No, I don't know if that includes eating blue-green algae and not everybody has the same physical requirements of Tom's program, but I think his general fitness level over the last year, despite getting his ass kicked frequently, was remarkable and I'd bet that a lot of athletes want to extend the length of their careers at a high level, too.

I'll nominate Dominique Easley to sign up tomorrow if he hasn't already. He went down twice this year while barely being touched.

I guess when shit like that happens then it's no mystery why the conditioning coach is called into question.

Some of that was a trickle down effect from other injuries.

Just consider PR.

The top two options (Edelman and Amendola) were both out, not 100%, or critical to the offense so their ST role was reduced.

If we only used one of them for PR, no one would have noticed much of a drop off in that part of the game.

Belichick was on WEEI this afternoon and was asked about coaching staff changes. He said that there were some contracts that were expiring and they were deciding on those coaches. At the time, we only knew about Googs and BB confirmed that he was "not signed to a new contract".

Those classless Patriots for firi.....errr not re-newing Googs contract.

:coffee:

Merging threads into one place to discuss coaching staff changes.

First, Googs has been hired by San Diego to become their OLine coach.

Second, yet another coaching staff departure.

The New England Patriots are losing one of their defensive assistants to the New York Giants.

According to Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald, Patriots linebackers coach Patrick Graham is leaving the team to join Ben McAdoo’s staff with the Giants as a defensive line coach.

Graham has spent the last seven seasons as an assistant under Bill Belichick with the Patriots. After joining the team as a defensive assistant in 2009, Graham became the team’s linebackers coach in 2011. He moved to the defensive line for 2012-13 before returning to linebackers in 2014.

O'Brien retiring as ST coach last season seems to have mirrored Scar's retirement in that the unit just deteriorated rapidly after he left.

Another Pats successful season, another off-season of being pillaged by loser teams. At least we kept both coordinators.

Another Pats successful season, another off-season of being pillaged by loser teams. At least we kept both coordinators.

All injuries aren't directly related to the S&C coach but some injuries sure are directly related and many more are indirectly related. When I saw Gronk take himself out of the AFCCG after his 35 yd catch and run the first thing I thought was that he was not in good enough condition. It did make me think the S&C staff may have dropped the ball this year. I'm not surprised Nash was pushed along and I'm perfectly ok with that decision.

Back