MERGED: Pollard - Illegal, Dirty?

Just watched the play a lot closer and in slow motion. That was a dirty play he drove at the brady knee.

I agree with this part of your post. Where else do you suggest he dive wearing a Patriot for a coat at the time?

This pic shows his arms/hands extended to trip TB up but the helmet collided with TB's knee. Also, TB was stepping forward in the pocket which didn't help the situation. IMO it was not an intentional, dirty hit...rather an unfortunate case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Just watched the play a lot closer and in slow motion. That was a dirty play he drove at the brady knee.

I never wish for any player to get injured, and yes I know it sucks having the best player in the league get injured when he happens to play on your team, but you really cant believe that Pollard's tackle was intentional to hurt him. Im sure its just your way to cope with TB being out for the year, but it obviously was NOT a dirty play. He was on the ground with a player driving him further into the ground, and his only resort to get Brady was to lunge at him. Not every injury that occurs in the NFL is dirty. Its a dirty game, and a very physical one at that. Players get injured.

LOL they sure like the GFY around here

Its a long standing saying here brought on by a video blog by a Boston fan/comedian that says it all the time, even has T-shirts with it.

People are pissed about the situation here, so while because of that maybe some people do mean it in closer to the true sense of GFY, it starts off as a "saying" with no real ill intention more than get lost....just FYI (which if you want I can come up with a few for that too if you want?...:shrug:

Especially when someone uses Brady's injury to take backhanded shots at him, and has to make a comment about how now we'll see how Peyton Manning is more valuable to his team blah blah... He's sorry my ass.. I hope he Fs himself with a sharp stick that's on fire.

LOL they sure like the GFY around here

Not a dirty hit IMO, just unfortunate

Agreed.

. . . much emotion with that one . . . from the players, the coaches, and the fans, and every one in between. Such to cause people to way over anaylize something that really doesn't need to be.

At this point we just need to Rally behind Matt, and the rest of the guys, and wish Tom a safe recovery.

Sorry for your loss, guys. Pollard was interviewed on a local sports station here in KC after everyone else had gone, and he was still visibly upset about it. I have no question that it wasn't intentional, just extremely unfortunate.

I don't think it was dirty, but it should have been a 15 yard penalty (not that it would be a consolation). The league now has rules in place about hits to the QB below the knee. It's been enforced with regularity since the Palmer injury a few years ago. Wilfork got penalized and heavily fined for a similar hit last year.

Only Wilfork didnt grab the leg, Pollard grabbed the leg.

Remorse??????????
Of course he's showing remorse just like the drunk that runs over a kid shows remorse when he sobers up......................................

Yesterday my emotions were as high on this matter as on anything Patriots related and today after watching the video in HD once again after a partial nights sleep I will have to say if that wasn’t a Dirty hit then it was a very cheap shot that was led with a helmet and the NFL knows this and have removed the evidence from youtube’s web site

Remorse??????????
Of course he's showing remorse just like the drunk that runs over a kid shows remorse when he sobers up......................................
I'd still call the Wilfork hit dirty before I'd call the Pollard hit dirty - but since I don't think either were dirty I'm stuck in the "life sucks" and then you root for Cassel to be King mode. Go Pats! There are big green rats to be stomped next Sunday.

Remorse??????????

Come on. I'd be willing to bet he didn't think to himself "THERE'S MY CHANCE!!" when he saw Brady's knee. And really, Morris did a piss poor job finishing his block against Pollard. He had him on the ground, just LAY on him, or outright hold him, just don't give him the opprtunity to get any closer to your QB.

If Pollard didn't keep bringing it on that play, he would have gotten lit up by the coaches in film review today. No WAY is Pollard, or any other player, going to stop on the field if the whistle hasn't blown yet.

Back