Miami Dolphins reportedly planning to tank next season

I'm not saying I was comparing the two.... Just saying how insane some Dolphins fans were for comparing Tannehill to Luck. Hell they were even comparing him to Matt Ryan.... Though Matt Ryan can be extremely hot and cold, he still went to the Super Bowl two seasons ago. What has Tannehill done... Made playoffs once and got completely blown out by the Steelers.

Chevss and I were doing the same thing. Up until this season, the only thing that really separated the two on paper, were a couple of playoff wins.

Eye test, Luck's the better QB hands down. That and a lot of people, including myself, remember him in college and just think of the potential there.

I suppose it's still there, although that playoff no-show really sort of smacked me in the face.

Chevss and I were doing the same thing. Up until this season, the only thing that really separated the two on paper, were a couple of playoff wins.

Eye test, Luck's the better QB hands down. That and a lot of people, including myself, remember him in college and just think of the potential there.

I suppose it's still there, although that playoff no-show really sort of smacked me in the face.

I am careful what I say around my fellow Colts fans on the forum but I do think he can be hot and cold much like Matt Ryan. When Luck is on, he looks as good S any qb in the league. But when he’s off he can be very bad. I’m hoping this goes away and we see more good than bad.

The thing is Peyton Manning used to have bad games too. What would be nice is having a top ten defense and a decent running game that can bail the qb out when he has bad games. Which I think we are getting to that! This Colts franchise outside of a couple years has Always relied so heavy on the qb. Hence why we won 2 games in 2011 and 4 last year. I think if Luck had the defense that Miami had in 2015 he would have taken that team to a 12 or 13 win season. Very few qbs can take a bad team to 12 plus wins. Brady is one of them. Rodgers is another. Even guys like Brees and Rivers haven’t done it in years past. Tannehill even with a very good defense still couldn’t make playoffs or win a playoff game. Luck has now 4 playoff wins.

Luck thinks too much, then gets lost in thought when the games get bigger.

He also has faced the Pats in the Playoffs.

I mean he did make it to the Conf final in his 3rd season. I don't have a problem overly that we haven't won a Super Bowl. Luck has turned this team around from what they were in 2011 and what they were last season. However the thing that doesn't sit well with me is these nasty blow outs in the playoffs. 2013 and 2014 to the Pats and now losing to the Chiefs by 18 or whatever it was. It sucks to lose, but I can accept it if they fight hard and lose a close game in the dying seconds. But getting blown out is a cause for concern.

I mean he did make it to the Conf final in his 3rd season. I don't have a problem overly that we haven't won a Super Bowl. Luck has turned this team around from what they were in 2011 and what they were last season. However the thing that doesn't sit well with me is these nasty blow outs in the playoffs. 2013 and 2014 to the Pats and now losing to the Chiefs by 18 or whatever it was. It sucks to lose, but I can accept it if they fight hard and lose a close game in the dying seconds. But getting blown out is a cause for concern.

Chiefs by 18 is smoke and mirrors. Colts could have had the ball down 7 (instead of 11), and I think would bring a renewed confidence to that offense.

I thought that o-line was the best in football? Jaric posted gifs and everything. What happened?

I'd bet that's what the Raiders did this season. They weren't good, but most likely they tanked on purpose methinks.

Chiefs by 18 is smoke and mirrors. Colts could have had the ball down 7 (instead of 11), and I think would bring a renewed confidence to that offense.

I thought that o-line was the best in football? Jaric posted gifs and everything. What happened?

You and me both. They were awesome this season. Chiefs pass rush killed them. Not sure what happened. Guess it was just one of those games.

Their C Ryan Kelly was out. That was a huge loss for that OL unit.

They were getting eaten alive up the left side though all game. Maybe a centre plays into that too I’m not sure overly. But it just seemed the entire o line was a mess.

Dave DeGuglielmo

You and me both. They were awesome this season. Chiefs pass rush killed them. Not sure what happened. Guess it was just one of those games.
Dave DeGuglielmo
No it wasn't that big a loss, the issue has been addressed and it was OLine coach Dave DeGuglielmo, who was fired after the loss.

you can thank me later for the solution.

Dave DeGuglielmo

Dave DeGuglielmo

No it wasn't that big a loss, the issue has been addressed and it was OLine coach Dave DeGuglielmo, who was fired after the loss.

you can thank me later for the solution.

Ya. Da Googs :facepalm:

Cheers

Dave DeGuglielmo

Dave DeGuglielmo

I forgot.

How the fuck did that guy win a Super Bowl against the Seahawks?

I forgot.

How the fuck did that guy win a Super Bowl against the Seahawks?

Brady gets the ball out pretty damn fast though. Luck struggled against the Chiefs as the Chiefs secondary played some pretty tight coverage on plays, so when his first option wasn't there he would hesitate to throw the ball and by that time had pressure in his face. Brady even with having an oline that crumbles at times I think adapts and changes the play. The dink and dunk that works incredibly well for the Patriots.

Brady gets the ball out pretty damn fast though. Luck struggled against the Chiefs as the Chiefs secondary played some pretty tight coverage on plays, so when his first option wasn't there he would hesitate to throw the ball and by that time had pressure in his face. Brady even with having an oline that crumbles at times I think adapts and changes the play. The dink and dunk that works incredibly well for the Patriots.

Healthy TY Hilton would have helped too. Gutty kid. Have a new respect for him.

Healthy TY Hilton would have helped too. Gutty kid. Have a new respect for him.

Very true! If that was Lebron James with that injury he would likely be out for the foreseeable next 10 seasons.

I will wait patiently till next season when we play the Chiefs again. I'm not saying the Colts will win that game, but I think they make it very competitive. Playing one of their worst games of the season against them in the playoffs and it would have been a 7 point game if Adam makes his kicks going into the 4th. I trust if the Colts actually show up they will give the Chiefs a hell of a game.

Very true! If that was Lebron James with that injury he would likely be out for the foreseeable next 10 seasons.

I will wait patiently till next season when we play the Chiefs again. I'm not saying the Colts will win that game, but I think they make it very competitive. Playing one of their worst games of the season against them in the playoffs and it would have been a 7 point game if Adam makes his kicks going into the 4th. I trust if the Colts actually show up they will give the Chiefs a hell of a game.

The Colts will win that game. Book it. Chiefs lose to every decent team next year, believing they can roll the footballs out and win, because they're that. damn. good.

Reid's about to hang it up, he'll give it one more shot and then retire to Golden Corral.

The Colts will win that game. Book it. Chiefs lose to every decent team next year, believing they can roll the footballs out and win, because they're that. damn. good.

Reid's about to hang it up, he'll give it one more shot and then retire to Golden Corral.

Well it's funny because Chiefs fans say the Colts made the playoffs due to a weak schedule..... However the Chiefs went 4-5 against teams with winning records lol..... I fail to see how they were that much more impressive other than they did beat the Colts. But at the end of the day they played 9 teams with winning records.

Chargers
Steelers
Patriots
Rams
Ravens
Chargers
Seahawks
Colts
Patriots

Take out the playoffs and they played 7 teams with winning records going 3-4. Seattle I will mention was not that great this season either. Dallas beat them pretty sound in the playoffs until that garbage time touchdown by Seattle to make it look closer than what it actually was.

Next season will be a big one for the Chiefs and Colts. With a much more difficult schedule for Indy we will see how the teams match up. Hopefully the Colts actually show up for that game.

Next season will be a big one for the Chiefs and Colts. With a much more difficult schedule for Indy we will see how the teams match up. Hopefully the Colts actually show up for that game.

With all the cap room the Colts have this offseason, they "could" be a vastly improved team over the one this year. Depends how well the front office plays it. So far they have made some solid decisions, so we'll see. The Chiefs are going to lose a couple of pieces this year offseason. I expect them to take a step back, still be good, but more of a fringe playoff team. They do have the GOAT, so maybe I'm wrong. (sarcasm)

Back