Miami Dolphins reportedly planning to tank next season

If it wasn't for that 1 win we would have been #1 seed, not that it mattered. I think it was better to go into "vaunted" Arrowhead stadium and make everyone cry in their own house.

If it wasn't for that 1 win we would have been #1 seed, not that it mattered. I think it was better to go into "vaunted" Arrowhead stadium and make everyone cry in their own house.

Division games are strange that way. Any given day a division team can take you out..... Even when the Colts went on their roll this year the Jags beat them, 49ers as awful as they were this season beat the Seahawks when they were rolling, Dolphins beat the Patriots etc.... I hate playing a division opponent even if they are 0-10. Always seems to be a trap game.

Except the Titans.... They just can't beat Luck no matter what they do lol.

Lol. Talent wise Luck is hands down the better qb than Tannehill. Although I will admit I thought Tannehill would amount to something pretty damn decent when he first came into the league. But he’s kind of like Stafford. Decent but just hasn’t progressed through his career much.

The first 4-5 yrs their stats were eerily similar. :shrug_n:

We've talked about here many times, in fact.

The first 4-5 yrs their stats were eerily similar. :shrug_n:

We've talked about here many times, in fact.

This is why I rarely get into debates.... Especially facebook.... Going off stats Dak Prescott is a hell of a good qb. I also had this argument with a friend of mine who is a Dolphins fan. I won't bother getting into it. If people want to believe Tannehill is as good as Luck they are more than entitled to that lmao. However I question their knowledge in football. Not saying it's a bad thing to go off stats as I do it with other players. But stats alone can be extremely misleading.

I also am not saying Tannehill is a bad qb.... I just don't think he is as good as Luck. 2013 and 2015 the Dolphins had a top 10 defense. One season couldn't even make playoffs, the other got smoked by the Steelers in the first round. I did say earlier I thought Tannehill was pretty decent in his early career, but seems to have gone downhill. It remains to be seen what happens with Luck but considering he missed all of last season and made it to the second round of the playoffs this season I would say it's a good sign he will get better and better.

This is why I rarely get into debates.... Especially facebook.... Going off stats Dak Prescott is a hell of a good qb. I also had this argument with a friend of mine who is a Dolphins fan. I won't bother getting into it. If people want to believe Tannehill is as good as Luck they are more than entitled to that lmao. However I question their knowledge in football. Not saying it's a bad thing to go off stats as I do it with other players. But stats alone can be extremely misleading.

I also am not saying Tannehill is a bad qb.... I just don't think he is as good as Luck. 2013 and 2015 the Dolphins had a top 10 defense. One season couldn't even make playoffs, the other got smoked by the Steelers in the first round. I did say earlier I thought Tannehill was pretty decent in his early career, but seems to have gone downhill. It remains to be seen what happens with Luck but considering he missed all of last season and made it to the second round of the playoffs this season I would say it's a good sign he will get better and better.

Caveat emptor: The Colts schedule will be a lot harder in 2019 and there's plenty of game film out there now. "Better" may or may not translate to a better record. The Pats have dealt with it for years.

Caveat emptor: The Colts schedule will be a lot harder in 2019 and there's plenty of game film out there now. "Better" may or may not translate to a better record. The Pats have dealt with it for years.

Agreed. Their road schedule is brutal. In New Orleans, Kansas City and Pittsburgh (where they struggle to win a lot of the time) is not pretty. I still think the Colts can win 1 of those 3 games.... Trouble is... Colts usually drop a game or 2 they shouldn't. Like this year losing to the Bengals, and the damn Jets!!!

The next step of development will be to start beating the top teams in the league. We showed glimpses of it this season, but if we want to compete for Superbowls we'll have to step it up.

BB can play Tannehill at wr for vet min... :coffee:

Red Sox need a closer as it looks like Minnesota may get Kimbrel.... Can Tannehill throw a baseball lol?

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

The next step of development will be to start beating the top teams in the league. We showed glimpses of it this season, but if we want to compete for Superbowls we'll have to step it up.

This!

If we can't beat the best teams, then there is much needed work to do. It's good making playoffs, and beating up on average to crap teams. But I am actually excited for the tough schedule next season. It will really show what this team is made of if they can get wins over the Chiefs and Saints.... I say the Steelers just because they are a tough team at home.

Couldn’t let that slide

To be the best, you have to beat the best. :) If the Colts want to prove they can hang with the big boys and go to a Super Bowl in the near future they have to win games against teams like the Chiefs and Saints.... And Steelers. Granted the Steelers fizzled out this season they are still a very strong team at home. They even beat the Patriots this season ;)

To be the best, you have to beat the best. :) If the Colts want to prove they can hang with the big boys and go to a Super Bowl in the near future they have to win games against teams like the Chiefs and Saints.... And Steelers. Granted the Steelers fizzled out this season they are still a very strong team at home. They even beat the Patriots this season ;)

Who do you think you’re preaching too?

I’ve had a front row seat for this since Grogan was rocking a neck roll.

Who do you think you’re preaching too?

I’ve had a front row seat for this since Grogan was rocking a neck roll.

Lol well patriots have shown year in and year out they can beat the best teams. They beat the Chiefs twice this season, destroyed the Saints last season, will get a chance to show what they can do against the Rams, and even though the Pats lost to the Steelers they usually own the Steelers. Colts had a good season. I hope they can do the same or at least beat one of those three teams. Preferably the Chiefs lol.

Lol well patriots have shown year in and year out they can beat the best teams. They beat the Chiefs twice this season, destroyed the Saints last season, will get a chance to show what they can do against the Rams, and even though the Pats lost to the Steelers they usually own the Steelers. Colts had a good season. I hope they can do the same or at least beat one of those three teams. Preferably the Chiefs lol.

I hated that team with the fire of a thousand suns for their role in Deflategate.

But almost everyone is gone now except the drug addled silver spoon owner.

They were playing good tough football until that abortion Reich cobbled together vs KC. Watching us run virtually at will the following week must’ve left a heinous taste. They’re far from the top of my lipstick on the wall list. For now.

I hated that team with the fire of a thousand suns for their role in Deflategate.

But almost everyone is gone now except the drug addled silver spoon owner.

They were playing good tough football until that abortion Reich cobbled together vs KC. Watching us run virtually at will the following week must’ve left a heinous taste. They’re far from the top of my lipstick on the wall list. For now.

We were all happy to see Grigson get canned. Ballard has been very impressive. And yes this Colts team is far different than the one in 2014. New players, new coaching staff. Only thing that didn’t change was the result against the Patriots. Though they kept it much more respectable this season than 2014.

Back